Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco Mobile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

anyone else having problem when roaming then coming back onto home network, it may be my phone but it constantly displays roaming symbol thats fine i understand why, but then when i do travel to the north which is daily i work there it goes on o2 uk but then when i come back home it locks up my phone cant make/receive calls/texts till i reboot phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

deaglan169 wrote: »
    anyone else having problem when roaming then coming back onto home network, it may be my phone but it constantly displays roaming symbol thats fine i understand why, but then when i do travel to the north which is daily i work there it goes on o2 uk but then when i come back home it locks up my phone cant make/receive calls/texts till i reboot phone

Hi Deaglan

Make sure yuor phone is set on Automatic network and the phone should switch back automatically when you get home.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Hi Paul,

Any response from the relevant teams to the issues I raised with regard to your new price comparison that claims "all mobile networks" and that you have the "best value in Ireland" but omits the 9 cent domestic texts with Postfone and also omits to mention the free top up text bundles, with comparable other operators, that are better value for heavy users?

Again, I am only raising this to ensure honesty, transparency and accuracy in price claims, as required by regulation.

Thanks,

Ciaran

Fungus wrote: »
    Hi Paul,

Any response from the relevant teams to the issues I raised with regard to your new price comparison that claims "all mobile networks" and that you have the "best value in Ireland" but omits the 9 cent domestic texts with Postfone and also omits to mention the free top up text bundles, with comparable other operators, that are better value for heavy users?

Again, I am only raising this to ensure honesty, transparency and accuracy in price claims, as required by regulation.

Thanks,

Ciaran

it already is but i think its the fact that it is already roaming or at least the phone thinks it is, then when i do actually roam onto o2 uk it doesnt know what to do:D

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Thanks for the quick reply re all my questions Paul. I guess Capped Monthly isn't for me, a normal monthly rolling contract it is!
    A few more Qs:
    1/ How many clubcard points will be given for porting to PAYG as of next week?
    2/ Is there a list of the Tesco stores with Tesco Mobile personnel in them somewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Was hoping to see the data speed cap removed before summer/september,
    It's very slow compared to other providers i think Tesco would gain a lot more customers if the cap wasn't on the service it's really not ideal for smartphones that need high data transfer rates it get between 500-900kbps with tesco i could get 3000-6000kbps on another network big differance in speeds!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭GIMP

Paul
    The speeds the last 3 nights have been slow or unusable in Dublin 3 area on Edge and 3g. Browser times out constantly. Usually from 8 until 1pm. I normally have no issues, is there a network problem in the area?

Fungus wrote: »
    Hi Paul,

Thanks,

Ciaran

Hi Ciaran

Yes, the price comparison will be taken down this am. was supposed to come down yesterday. Chasing the web team.

regards
    Paul

it already is but i think its the fact that it is already roaming or at least the phone thinks it is, then when i do actually roam onto o2 uk it doesnt know what to do:D

The R for roaming is not conencted to this. This is for data roaming as we national roam on O2 Ireland's network. What phone do you have?

nephster wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply re all my questions Paul. I guess Capped Monthly isn't for me, a normal monthly rolling contract it is!
    A few more Qs:
    1/ How many clubcard points will be given for porting to PAYG as of next week?
    2/ Is there a list of the Tesco stores with Tesco Mobile personnel in them somewhere?

Hi Nephster

1. Clubcard points will be announced next week.
    2. Yes ,as below

regards
    Paul

Tesco Mobile Pay Monthly staff will be instore Wed to Sat this week. You can sign up immediately in store and walk out working.

Dublin
    Balbriggan Extra
    Artane
    Clarehall Extra
    Santry
    Cabra
    Clearwater Extra
    Tallaght

Laois
    Portlaoise

Waterford
    Ardkeen Extra

Wicklow
    Arklow Extra

Limerick
    Coonagh

Cork
    Douglas
    Mahon Point Extra

Louth
    Drogheda
    Dundalk

Offaly
    Edenderry Extra
    Tullamore Extra

Wexford
    New Ross
    Wexford Extra

Tipperary
    Nenagh
    Clonmel
    Roscrea

Kildare
    Newbridge
    Maynooth
    Kildare Town

Galway
    Ballinasloe
    Galway City

Mayo
    Claremorris

Kerry
    Killarney Park Extra

• Advertisement

jay93 wrote: »
    Was hoping to see the data speed cap removed before summer/september,
    It's very slow compared to other providers i think Tesco would gain a lot more customers if the cap wasn't on the service it's really not ideal for smartphones that need high data transfer rates it get between 500-900kbps with tesco i could get 3000-6000kbps on another network big differance in speeds!!

Yes, Jay93. I would like it done tomorrow but unfortunately there is a project that needs to be executed before this can be achieved.

Its not just a switch on/off thing

regards
    Paul

GIMP wrote: »
    Paul
    The speeds the last 3 nights have been slow or unusable in Dublin 3 area on Edge and 3g. Browser times out constantly. Usually from 8 until 1pm. I normally have no issues, is there a network problem in the area?

Hi GIMP

Yes, we have also noticed some poor speeds over the last couple of days which we are looking into with our technical team and O2. It looks much better this am.

I would be grateful if you could let me know you experiences over the next few days either here or by PM.

regards
    Paul

Hi paul i ahve an iphone 3gs unlocked works on several other sims but not tesco mobile it gets stuck on the activation screen saying i need a compatible sim card any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Hi Ciaran

Yes, the price comparison will be taken down this am. was supposed to come down yesterday. Chasing the web team.

regards
    Paul

Thanks Paul, much appreciated.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

I get a message "Could not send your message due to a network error. Try again. 38."

This is an SMS for data to 174211. Are there problems? Other numbers seem O.K. I'm in Dublin 7.
    My current add-on was due to expire on the 26th so could go anytime without me being able to replenish it!

Auld-Yin wrote: »
    I get a message "Could not send your message due to a network error. Try again. 38."

This is an SMS for data to 174211. Are there problems? Other numbers seem O.K. I'm in Dublin 7.
    My current add-on was due to expire on the 26th so could go anytime without me being able to replenish it!

Hi there

I will check. Can you PM me your number please for the ticket with support?

regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Rustlers

Hi Paul/others:
    I am flying into Dublin Airport and on to city centre Merrion Sq. area.
    Is there a place in the airport to buy & topup Tesco pay as you go prepaid sim card?

If not the airport, then any place near Merrion sq.?
    Thanks

Rustlers wrote: »
    Hi Paul/others:
    I am flying into Dublin Airport and on to city centre Merrion Sq. area.
    Is there a place in the airport to buy & topup Tesco pay as you go prepaid sim card?

If not the airport, then any place near Merrion sq.?
    Thanks

Yes, near Merrion Sq there is a Tesco Express on Baggot St and one in Temple Bar also. Both sell SIMs and topup.

Near the airport there is a Tesco in Santry. Sells phones also.

regards
    Paul

is there still problems with topping up via debit card, i have mine registered online but i cant topup by text?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Rustlers

Thanks, so there is no place inside the the airport itself before i board the coach to the hotel?
    Apologies for the detailed questions, I am flying in from US and my first visit to Eire.

And the one on Baggot, is there a address and timings they are open (flying in on Sunday) "tesco express" didn't show up in google maps at that location.

Yes, near Merrion Sq there is a Tesco Express on Baggot St and one in Temple Bar also. Both sell SIMs and topup.

Near the airport there is a Tesco in Santry. Sells phones also.

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement

Rustlers wrote: »
    Thanks, so there is no place inside the the airport itself before i board the coach to the hotel?
    Apologies for the detailed questions, I am flying in from US and my first visit to Eire.

And the one on Baggot, is there a address and timings they are open (flying in on Sunday) "tesco express" didn't show up in google maps at that location.

Tesco in Baggot St is your best option. Open 24hrs I think. Near the canal bridge a few doors down from Burger King

Regards
    Paul

is there still problems with topping up via debit card, i have mine registered online but i cant topup by text?

No the issue with Visa Debit was resolved. Contact care to query and they should be able to help.

Regards
    Paul

Correction Tesco Baggot Street open 7-11

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭GIMP

Hi GIMP

Yes, we have also noticed some poor speeds over the last couple of days which we are looking into with our technical team and O2. It looks much better this am.

I would be grateful if you could let me know you experiences over the next few days either here or by PM.

regards
    Paul

Hi Paul

Data speeds are still very intermittent, tested today in Dublin 13 browser keeps timing out with no connection. In Dublin 3 now (23.52pm) and speeds are very slow.

Also on a secondary issue none of my international webtexts have deducted from the 50 despite sending a number of texts this month.

GIMP wrote: »
    Hi Paul

Data speeds are still very intermittent, tested today in Dublin 13 browser keeps timing out with no connection. In Dublin 3 now (23.52pm) and speeds are very slow.

Also on a secondary issue none of my international webtexts have deducted from the 50 despite sending a number of texts this month.

Can you Please PM me your number..

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭grasshopper31

Hi Paul,
    Trying yo activate my voice mail .... can you forward the code to me as ive already been onto cust service twice and its not working - cant phone again as im in work...

it went something like this: **004*08

Thanks

Hi Paul,
    Trying yo activate my voice mail .... can you forward the code to me as ive already been onto cust service twice and its not working - cant phone again as im in work...

it went something like this: **004*08

Thanks

Hi there

Try this (note the 5 after the prefix)

*004*[Your voice mailbox like +353875xxxxxxx]#

e.g. *004*+3538951234567#

This sets all conditional diverts to go to your voicemail

If you want to just set if busy, no answer, unreachable on their own its as below

If busy
    *67*[dest]*11#

If no answer
    *61*[dest]*11*[sec]#

If unreachable
    *62*[dest]*11#

hope this helps

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭grasshopper31

:) thanks paul, got it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Hi Paul,

I can't see them listed but are there any add-ons for unlimited landline calls or better landline call rates? Or plans for an add-on/plan that would make this available?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Cromwelly

Paul

Comparing Irish mobile contracts, can you clarify what I'd be paying per MMS, and whether it's different for a 12 month vs 18 month contract at €35 pay monthly (500/500).
    The Tesco website isn't very clear on this, the 12 month tab states "0" and the 18 month tab doesn't mention MMS at all.

TIA

Advertisement