Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nokia N8 Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

How can the likes of Three charge 500 quid and yet VF charge 410 for the same handset,Anyone know do you get free credit with payg phones these days on the networks as it would be of no use to me as im a bill customer.

you would need to register the phone

i rhink o2 will be selling the n8 at 379 payg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭donkey balls

I got an iphone4 as my upgrade used it for less than a week and went back to my nokia,What i want to know is if three sell you the phone and include credit on it could they take the cost of the credit of the handset as i have a contract with them on bill.

you would need to get a new number for that

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

jimmynokia wrote: »
    i rhink o2 will be selling the n8 at 379 payg

€479 was what I was told this morning; €289 on contract (!!)

Those are the prices that were shown on their computer system - I thought the contract price was the PAYG price quoted by mistake, so he showed me both prices on the screen (In fairness, he didn't believe it either).

Expansys.ie sell the hanset SIM-free for €529. If you know someone over the border, with the current exchange rate you could get it for €480 or thereabouts SIM-free from Nokia UK, in any colour you want.

• Advertisement

some difference on price between networks all the same id rather buy sim free as its no operator junk on it.

how is that gay? Phones on line now has it in stock in blue for a whopping 549 euro

price has dropped to 519 and coming soon whats this lad at still way overpriced

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Queerdub

KrisW wrote: »
    Vodafone: *pre-pay €409, 18-month post-pay contract: €49 to €109 (with online signup), was quoted "around €100 to around €180" in store.
    Black only at first, Silver and Green to follow.

O2: pre-pay €479, 18-month post-pay contract: €289 :eek:
    Silver only at first. No info on other colours. No, I did not mis-type that figure, by the way - O2 really are charging €30 more for this handset than for an iPhone 4 (SIM-free from Expansys, the N8 is actually €180 cheaper than the iPhone 4).

eMobile (and so, probably Meteor): Not in stock yet, so no pricing yet, but they are going to carry it in Black and Silver. They also said that it "shouldn't be a problem" to special-order the other coloured models once supplies get going. (I am sceptical)

Three: Couldn't tell me if they were going to carry it or not, but "probably will".

I'm an O2 customer since the day Digifone launched thirteen years ago, but there's no way I'm going to give them an extra €180 for this phone... might look into e-Mobile's offers.

I'm thrilled if eMobile offer the silver one as I want to go with them given that Vodafone has reduced the amount of data available on their plans to a measly 500mb. Steve on the eMobile forum today said "I may have an update on this handset for you later in the week... I'll keep you updated."

While Caitiona on the Meteor forum yesterday said "We heard a whisper today that the Nokia N8 should be available this week."

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Queerdub

kmart6 wrote: »
    Ah yeah but you can't exactly get one direct from Nokia in Ireland which is exceptionally gay!!!

I don't appreciate your use of gay, above. It's a very immature use which has had an awful effect on gay people in schools in Ireland recently and still does I am sure. I am not in school anymore so I would ask that you refrain from using the word gay in such a fashion on forums and in your day to day life with others. Thanks.

Queerdub wrote: »
    I don't appreciate your use of gay, above. It's a very immature use which has had an awful effect on gay people in schools in Ireland recently and still does I am sure. I am not in school anymore so I would ask that you refrain from using the word gay in such a fashion on forums and in your day to day life with others. Thanks.

well said i could not understand that either what does his point even mean and wtf makes the conversation or phone gay ,what ever rumbles his tummy ???

yeah i mailed back C from meteor and it will be like the rest of the little forum they have it will be months or maybe never before somebody replies.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

expansys.ie - the most expensive online retailer of phones in the known universe?

as with most things in life it seems if you want to buy an N8 or anything else for that matter you will get it cheaper outside of ireland.

seriously if some clever clogs finds a reputable online retailer of the N8 at a decent price sim free then please please post it up here.

over & out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Queerdub wrote: »
    I'll use the term as I wish...how you are makng a connection between my statement and what has been going on in schools(whatever that is)is beyond me!

Thats my last point on the 'issue' since the PC brigade are out in force here!

Back to the N8....

how is that gay? Phones on line now has it in stock in blue for a whopping 549 euro
    It is extremely disappointing that Nokia Ireland don't feel the need to have an online store, therefore forcing people who want a certain device to either buy it off a network or source it online somewhere sim free!

yep i started a thread on this very issue

Meteor confirmed N8 available today from 49.99

what about payg every network if offering in payg

long_b wrote: »
    Meteor confirmed N8 available today from 49.99
    Where did they confirm this?!

yeah it aint on website,and what makes a company decide sell a phone at this time of day lol

Wouldn't really surprise me with Meteor though...they are pretty backwards!!

• Advertisement

On the Twitter folks, on the Twitter

In stores today according to the twitter...anyone else finding that weird....especially timing?!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

rang sales. 50-150 billpay. No price on payg sim free. Ring meteor shops. They know more that cus care.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭rubicon99

plaed with it for few minutes last week. very nice, responsive touchscreeb, great buld, takin awsome pics. GUi looks pretty good to. deffo a good device.

it seems to have a host of issues as time goes on not good .

dr ro wrote: »
    rang sales. 50-150 billpay. No price on payg sim free. Ring meteor shops. They know more that cus care.

that says it all they cant even tell you price of there own phone good oul backwards meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭donkey balls

it seems to have a host of issues as time goes on not good .

what sort of issues are they having with the N8 Jimmy? anything major.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

that says it all they cant even tell you price of there own phone good oul backwards meteor

I don't disagree with you about meteor product info release but i meant 50 for top package to 150 for cheapest package.

god the list goes on man look at nokia discussions nseries thread

• Advertisement

dr ro wrote: »
    I don't disagree with you about meteor product info release but i meant 50 for top package to 150 for cheapest package.

and no payg i bet

Advertisement