Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

can't connect wii to internet

Options
  • 24-01-2010 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

First of all, so glad boards is back. Thank you. This has to be my favourite ever website. You are great!!!

Now to my problem. Got new wii for chrimbo. Wanted to get online, all fine access point found then trying to test connection, error 51030.
    Now when I try new connection it says no access point found.
    First attempt that sort of worked, wii was two rooms away from router, yeasterday i dragged tv to same room few feet away from router and no joy.
    I'm with Perlico, customer service useless so far, router is ZyXEL, I can log onto it and read all settings but can't change any, not that I have noticed anything is wrong. Been on some Nintendo site read a lot about it, no joy.
    Anyone experiencing similar problems? Any tips?
    Thank you all.

PS I haven't figured oput how to thank people, please give me a blonde's guide to clicking on button or link...
    Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

This is what Nintendo have to say about it.
    bigmoma22 wrote: »
    PS I haven't figured oput how to thank people, please give me a blonde's guide to clicking on button or link...
    Thank you

There is a "Thumbs Up" button on the bottom right of each post.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bigmoma22

Decided to try it all over again, step by step, documented, so here goes:
    finally spoke to someone in prelico, went through all router settings. Wireless LAN is on and wii should be able to pick it up. It did on december 25th, it does not now, even when few feet from router.

Error Code: 51030
    The only wireless network within range of your Wii console is not configured or is not compatible with the Wii.
    DONE IT IS COMPATIBLE AND CONFIGURED.

Change the channel that your router broadcasts on.
    By default, most routers broadcast on channel 6. Change your router's channel setting to 1 or 11
    IT IS ON11

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Decided to try it all over again, step by step, documented, so here goes:
    finally spoke to someone in prelico, went through all router settings. Wireless LAN is on and wii should be able to pick it up. It did on december 25th, it does not now, even when few feet from router.

Can you try wired? (Probably not as a USB dongle is required).
    Error Code: 51030
    The only wireless network within range of your Wii console is not configured or is not compatible with the Wii.
    DONE IT IS COMPATIBLE AND CONFIGURED.

Change the channel that your router broadcasts on.
    By default, most routers broadcast on channel 6. Change your router's channel setting to 1 or 11
    IT IS ON11

Did you delete the original connection file you used to set up on Christmas day and start over again?

Is your Zyxel router on this list?

My ZyXEL is not on list, but very similar to first listed. Anyway, that is all grand as I can log onto the router to check it all and it is all OK according to two different people in Perlico. So why can't my wii see the network???
    I did not delete the first settings for connection, but went to look for access point on a new wireless connection and alas cant find it. What am I doin wrong????

Next problem listed on Nintendo site:
    Known ISP-Provided Routers/Gateways that may have compatiblity problems When provided to customers by their ISPs, the routers and gateways listed below may have a firewall (sometimes called an SPI firewall), that interfers with the Wii's online connection. Updating your Wii console, or turning off the SPI firewall may enable a successful connection.

And mine not on the list.

Then...This may be especially true if your Wii has not been updated to Wii Menu 2.2* or higher. It is so that's not it... (New wii)

OK so trying chanel 1. Lets see now.

No nothing.

Back on chanell 11. No joy as tried editing the old connection, testing it gives error 51030, and new connection says no access point. Giving up.
    For now.

hope you guys sort me out. With a magic wand, as so far it appears to be the case, no seriously I LOVE BOARDS, there's a solution and an informed discussion to anything!!! Keep up the good work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

your nintendo wii operations manual channel setting, theres step by step guide How to connect your Nintendo Wii to the Internet from page 45 - 51

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

im pretty sure theve sorted it as thread is over a year old

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

antocann wrote: »
    im pretty sure theve sorted it as thread is over a year old
    lol, my guess is she just got through reading pages 45-51 of her manual today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Honestly think he stuck in a time warp/displacement or sumfin

Advertisement