Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Blues - RTE1 - May 31st

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

Bollox. RTE Player not available outside of Ireland...

Anyone find a Torrent?

NTM
    Why, where are you in the world??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Bollox. RTE Player not available outside of Ireland...

Anyone find a Torrent?

NTM

If its on realplayer later maybe someone will record it for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Roadrat

foreign wrote: »
    LOL. Funniest comment of the day!

As for driving on the wrong side of the road, they said at the start of that clip that they had been drafted into the area for the rally weekend. Don't know if they were Dublin based but a good few of the Traffic Corp from the Castle are sent to these events around the country.
    Got word that all personnel in chase were Donegal traffic units apart from AS2.Pursuit car & jeep were burnfoot based and bike from letterkenny.Alas no dublin glory:rolleyes:

If its on realplayer later maybe someone will record it for you?
    Its up on utube now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Its up on utube now!!

?

www.utube.com

?

:pac:

Sorry for being OT.
    It was on up on YOUtube fairly lively wasn't it?

donvito99 wrote: »
    ?

www.utube.com

?

:pac:

Sorry for being OT.
    It was on up on YOUtube fairly lively wasn't it?

Twas alrite boy, see the soobla who put them up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

"....next week a man gets arrested for drunk driving .......again, and we milk some more air-support footage for 15 minutes to see a car pull over and get a stern telling off"

If this episode was anything to go by, next years series giving an insight into the seedy goings-on in a Divisional Office should make riveting viewing. "Stay tuned to see if Bernie gets that toner issue sorted......and a man get arrested for drunk driving!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭djtechnics1210

+1 deadwood........ Traffic blues is rubbish imo.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Why, where are you in the world??

Indiana, for now.

Will be in Afghanistan shortly.

NTM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

He looks like Neil Delamere :D

I like the show. I like to see what the Gardai get up to. Couple of thoughts then:
    - get rid of that helicopter footage. It's not entertaining IMO. It ruins shows like Road Wars too.
    - get rid of the interviews with the Gardai in the offices etc. Only interview them in the cars or at the scene. This way you get "live" feeling and emotion in the comments etc.
    - It was too bloody short!

Looking forward to this weeks one though :)

Is that comedian and raconteur Neil Delamer?

Damn, someone else beat me to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

Compared to night cops, they are nothing, they get through 2-3 calls a programme, wow a drunk man, not like we havnt seen one of them before!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Random wrote: »
    He looks like Neil Delamere :D

I like the show. I like to see what the Gardai get up to. Couple of thoughts then:
    - get rid of that helicopter footage. It's not entertaining IMO. It ruins shows like Road Wars too.
    - get rid of the interviews with the Gardai in the offices etc. Only interview them in the cars or at the scene. This way you get "live" feeling and emotion in the comments etc.
    - It was too bloody short!

Looking forward to this weeks one though :)
    id rather a gardai doing his duty at the side of the road than talking to a camera of what is happening... interviews should be done later...

that donegal car chase the helicopter was the only footage they had of it.. there was no camera crews in any of the cars or dash cams....

pitty they dident leave in the "now remember lads this is on camera" when the car was stopped :P:pac: or showing them stopping the rally cars... that bit of footage is a classic..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I had a fair bit to say on this in the motors thread, but I'll cover it again in shortened form.

Most peopel seemed to have missed the fact that the 17year old in Donegals car was also on yellow plates. There really is no excuse for him being sent on his way.

I'm a big supporter of AGS on here when the usual threads pop up but I have to say the program led me to lose a bit of respect for them. The car chase was a success but the 17 year old lad came across as an unmitigated disaster to the lay man.

The guy had just started driving, was previously caught doing nearly 140 in a 100. He was stopped driving unaccompanied and with no L plates in a defective foreign registered car. He really shouldnt have been let on his way.

TheNog's opinion that theres no point in taking the car because it would cost the state more to impound it than they would recieve in possible VRT payments further dented my confidence in AGS tbh.Theres no financial return for the state in stopping a shoplifter running from a shop, so should they be let on their way too?

Stekelly wrote: »
    Most peopel seemed to have missed the fact that the 17year old in Donegals car was also on yellow plates. There really is no excuse for him being sent on his way.

I'm a big supporter of AGS on here when the usual threads pop up but I have to say the program led me to lose a bit of respect for them. The car chase was a success but the 17 year old lad came across as an unmitigated disaster to the lay man.

The guy had just started driving, was previously caught doing nearly 140 in a 100. He was stopped driving unaccompanied and with no L plates in a defective foreign registered car. He really shouldnt have been let on his way.

TheNog's opinion that theres no point in taking the car because it would cost the state more to impound it than they would recieve in possible VRT payments further dented my confidence in AGS tbh.Theres no financial return for the state in stopping a shoplifter running from a shop, so should they be let on their way too?

Some people with Donegal registered plates fit yellow ones.

The 17yr old lad had a licence just not on him so a demand would have to be made to produce it. Same goes for insurance. There was nothing mechanically wrong with the vehicle so no reason to impound it.

Driving unaccompanied is a summons to court, same with L plates.

One of the Gards makes a comment about duty not being paid or somethign along those lines. Thats the only reason I watched when they flicked to the back of the car, otherwise I'd never have copped it.

If he keeps driving much further without topping up the coolant there will be lots mechanically wrong with the car too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

If he keeps driving much further without topping up the coolant there will be lots mechanically wrong with the car too.

See there is the problem "Will". We can not prosecute someone for a defective vehicle when it "will" be defective at some stage in the future. It all boils down the condition of the vehicle at the time of stopping.

As I said on the Motors forum I am not a mechanic so if that was me I would have let him on his way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭lehanemore

you know, I think people were expcting it to be exactly like road wars:rolleyes:, where that young lad would probably have seen his jammer go away on the back of a tow truck and even better if he was arrested too, hopefully while trying to resist, with three cops kneeling on his head and flaking his legs with asps.:eek:

thats for across the pond.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 snaring

The 17yr old lad had a licence just not on him so a demand would have to be made to produce it. Same goes for insurance. There was nothing mechanically wrong with the vehicle so no reason to impound it.

Driving unaccompanied is a summons to court, same with L plates.

finally someone who is talking sense . . . good stuff. . .
    :D

• Advertisement

TheNog wrote: »
    See there is the problem "Will". We can not prosecute someone for a defective vehicle when it "will" be defective at some stage in the future. It all boils down the condition of the vehicle at the time of stopping..

OH I know that, thats fine, I dwas just making the point that it will lead on.

Just saw in the ad for tomorrows program that the Subaru Forrester is featured, so I think we're in for some high speed.....

.....usage of discretion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

bk wrote: »
    While clearly not Fiat Ulsyesses in the last chase the pursuit car alluded to the fact that they weren't able to keep up with the car they were pursuing, looks like they needed a motorcycle cop to keep up. Looks like the traffic corps need something with a little more juice, like the interceptors in Road Wars.

Motorcycles may NOT (NEVER) engage in a pursuit. They may follow a vehicle until a marked vehicle is available and then then must break off. They are not a pursuit vehicle, they are a response vehicle.

Traffic Corps need more juice.....we have 2.5 and 3ltr mondeos, thats enough juice for anything. Any good AGS driver worth his salt would keep up to any car in the 3ltr. DOnt care what anyone says a properly trained driver whos naturally good will stay with any ''lay'' driver.
    SV wrote: »
    I thought it was a bit ridiculous seeing the Traffic Corps following your man up the wrong side of the dual carriageway.

the helicopter was following, surely it would have been a better choice to hold back a bit and go on the correct side of the road? not like they could do anything from behind..

Of course they had to follow him.....if he went off an ''on'' ramp, u turned, had a collision. If he hit you wouldnt you be asking why didnt AGS follow him and pull him out of the car......instead of going to next junction and turning around to go back to the crash in which time he'd be gone. Air support can only do so much!

If in fact the vehicle was northern registered then they should have taken custody of the vehicle (we dont seize northern vehicles....customs do)

Otherwise there was nothing to suggest that a seizure for dangerous defective would in my opinion have been warranted. Just because he was caught breaking the limit doesnt mean he looses his vehicle. Members of AGS have to work within the limits of the present legislation.

Just saw in the ad for tomorrows program that the Subaru Forrester is featured, so I think we're in for some high speed.....

.....usage of discretion.

Subaru Forrester is a bucket....we got rid of ours. Not that fast. 2 ltr mondeo is a far better car. Better handling and a higher top speed.:) O and there are stingers in nearly every district HQ car and every Traffic vehicle (bar motorbikes:p)

Dont know what has been answered before, just looked into the thread to clear those few things up. Any questions fire the on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

The only reason they got the forester is when Subaru gave one to the Garage on demo, a civvy employee took it for a spin, and totalled it.
    Before any garda had even sat behind the wheel.

A decision was made to buy a few as a token gesture of goodwill/apology for writing off the demo model.
    Allegedly.

Volvo XC70 is far superior. And built to Police spec too.

Subaru Forrester is a bucket....we got rid of ours.

Blasphemy! At least pretend that there good!
    Not that fast. 2 ltr mondeo is a far better car. Better handling and a higher top speed.:) O and there are stingers in nearly every district HQ car and every Traffic vehicle (bar motorbikes:p)

Cool, good to sea lots of units having them, vital to stop incidents like the Bluebell rampage happening again.

Blasphemy! At least pretend that there good!

I wouldnt say it if you paid me!!!:p

Might be a good civi car but not for AGS.

A decision was made to buy a few as a token gesture of goodwill/apology for writing off the demo model.
    Allegedly.

Jesus.

Cool, good to sea lots of units having them, vital to stop incidents like the Bluebell rampage happening again.

Was the problem there that the stinger didn't work on the buses tyres? Being so thick and all that? Hence why they tried to shoot out the tyres.

Was the problem there that the stinger didn't work on the buses tyres? Being so thick and all that? Hence why they tried to shoot out the tyres.

Spot on. Some but not all Traffic units have the truck stingers. But the SDU lads were disaplined for that. Shooting tyres is very dangerous and in fact dosent work on bus or trucks as the rubber is so thick the heat re seals the tyres. Also shooting car tyres is dangerous due to the fact that they ''blow out'' the tyres as aposed to the stinger which leaves the spikes in and allows them to deflate instead of blow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Right. Just watched tonights one.

The drunk driver @ Drogehda garda Station. How did the off duty Garda get the call first?
    Why did the Gardai need to call backup once your man was in cuffs? They had 3 bodys on the scene?

Very unhappy in general though in terms of the content though. The show is too short and there just isn't a good enough mix of content.

I still dislike those interviews in the office and would rather they did them all in the cars or whatever.

Advertisement