Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Medical

• 03-07-2014 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi,

Just got word that I have to go for medical in Garda HQ..

Any advice?

Does it take long? Should I take the whole day off work etc.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jammydodger123

Congrats, when did you do your interview with the Super at the station? I have mine tomorrow and wondering the time frame from the interview to the medical?

I got a medical to get the go ahead for a boxing tournament and if its the same it will be your weight, height, eyes, hearing (they put you in a little box room thing and you put on headphone, listen to the beep etc.) I'd say as long as your no pregnant you'll be grand!

Best of luck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 lisamajella

I had my interview with the Super back in January!! Hadn't heard anything since so emailed them lastnight and got date for medical today.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jammydodger123

Jeeez a bit of a wait there, maybe it's good to follow up with an email...the last intake was March 2014, hope they have another one soon, slow process!

your nearly in the door anyway! :)

Jeeez a bit of a wait there, maybe it's good to follow up with an email...the last intake was March 2014, hope they have another one soon, slow process!

your nearly in the door anyway! :)

Think they hope to have another intake in September but I'm away most of that month :( so probably have to wait til next year...most likely march 2015 I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 fathead 241188

Hi,

Just got word that I have to go for medical in Garda HQ..

Any advice?

Does it take long? Should I take the whole day off work etc.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.[/quote

When is your medical??

• Advertisement

Medical this week... Fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭coolock94

i sent an email to them just there i have been waiting for my br since January i had my last meeting with the inspector 4 months ago.
    anyone know how hard the medical is im 20 so consider myself fit and healthy. im like a twig tho need to buff up ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

i duno why there giving medicals ? they havent a clue whats going on, i rang them they said there no intakes because of the full time gardai needing the space.

I believe their not calling people for interviews anymore this year, so maybe it's the people who are at the top of the waiting list are getting called. They are only taken 100 guards to train in September the rest won't be till next year.

why only 100 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

That's all the college is fit to hold at the moment . It needs a lick of paint

• Registered Users Posts: 32 fathead 241188

coolock94 wrote: »
    I believe their not calling people for interviews anymore this year, so maybe it's the people who are at the top of the waiting list are getting called. They are only taken 100 guards to train in September the rest won't be till next year.

,,, 100 😞 I done medical and there was a problem that your 1 found have to go vincents hospital to get checked i have to send report from vincents to garda medical doctor but like I'm waiting 3 weeks for app in hospital nd no sign ,, does that mean it's looking bad for me for sep???

,,, 100 😞 I done medical and there was a problem that your 1 found have to go vincents hospital to get checked i have to send report from vincents to garda medical doctor but like I'm waiting 3 weeks for app in hospital nd no sign ,, does that mean it's looking bad for me for sep???
    Not sure mate I haven't done my medical stay hopeful tho best of luck with the hospital mate

hi i emailed the hq back in july and was told september would be the earliest my br forms would come through, now its september i dont know if i should email them again to check, if i email each month would they get pissed off ?

hi i emailed the hq back in july and was told september would be the earliest my br forms would come through, now its september i dont know if i should email them again to check, if i email each month would they get pissed off ?

Sent them an email, they don't mind, they are very helpful in the GR office!! I had them tortured for months til I was called for medical!

Sent them an email, they don't mind, they are very helpful in the GR office!! I had them tortured for months til I was called for medical!

Cheers mate

Cheers mate

Any luck?

i emailed them twice in the last 2 months both times ive been told there are outstanding checks on my forms to be complete, so still just a waiting game

i emailed them twice in the last 2 months both times ive been told there are outstanding checks on my forms to be complete, so still just a waiting game

Unfortunately it's a waiting game! Once you are called for medical you are nearly there.. I've been called for training in December and had medical in July!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 robmol

Unfortunately it's a waiting game! Once you are called for medical you are nearly there.. I've been called for training in December and had medical in July!

Hey lisamajella I've been called to start training in December too, really looking forward to it I applied back in December 2010!! Have you far to travel to get to the collage?

• Advertisement

2010 ??? mate thats such a joke , u waited 3 years ??

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    2010 ??? mate thats such a joke , u waited 3 years ??

I waited 4 years!! Patience is a virtue as they say and in this game patience is definitely required. Where are you in the process?

Fair play , Me im 2 years from the 1st day i applied , waiting on a medical , there a complete joke in this country when it comes to taking on Gardai and Reserve Gardai , they really need to take a leaf out of the Uks book.

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    Fair play , Me im 2 years from the 1st day i applied , waiting on a medical , there a complete joke in this country when it comes to taking on Gardai and Reserve Gardai , they really need to take a leaf out of the Uks book.

Totally agree with you there, best of luck and hopefully your wait won't be too much longer.

robmol wrote: »
    Hey lisamajella I've been called to start training in December too, really looking forward to it I applied back in December 2010!! Have you far to travel to get to the collage?

It's such a long process!! Have 3 hour drive from Co Louth to the college, what about you? You going down the night before?

It's such a long process!! Have 3 hour drive from Co Louth to the college, what about you? You going down the night before?

I'm 40 minutes from the collage so I'm gonna go down on Thursday morning so not so bad for me.. no doubt you will call in on pollys the Wednesday night with the others that arrive early! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭janet1989

How strict are they on lazy eyes? I have a lazy right eye and my optician said I won't get in. Anyone have any experience on this?

if your optician said you won't pass then there 99% chance there right they no this stuff , and as far as ino there very strict when it comes to the eyes ,sorry to say.

I hope the doctor is a girl because every girl I meet tells Me that I have lovely eyes

• Advertisement

haha

Advertisement