Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where's easier to get to from Dublin City - Swords or Naas?

Options
  • 14-01-2013 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me which is easier to get to by public transport from Dublin City - Airside in Swords or Naas in Kildare?

I am aware that Swords is closer to Dublin city. However, there are no trains (to my knowledge) which serves it, and therefore you would have to rely on buses, which can be notoriously unreliable.

A train leaves Heuston Station and serves the train to Sallins railway station, which I am told also serves Naas. How far is Sallins railway station from Naas, can anyone tell me?

Alternatively, if there are other routes, I would appreciate people letting me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Swords Express services Airside to town. Gets you in there in about 20 mins. Fairly frequent during peak hours. And you can track positioning online live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Can anyone tell me which is easier to get to by public transport from Dublin City - Airside in Swords or Naas in Kildare?

I am aware that Swords is closer to Dublin city. However, there are no trains (to my knowledge) which serves it, and therefore you would have to rely on buses, which can be notoriously unreliable.

A train leaves Heuston Station and serves the train to Sallins railway station, which I am told also serves Naas. How far is Sallins railway station from Naas, can anyone tell me?

Alternatively, if there are other routes, I would appreciate people letting me know.
    There is no train station in Naas, Sallins station is 3.5km from the post office on Main Street Naas. There is a feeder bus available for some of the services stopping at Sallins station and the JJ Kavanaghs Town-link service also stops at the station. If you were going anywhere outside of the main street area you might be better sticking with Swords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Airside is easier using Swords Express.

The train station is actually in Sallins and depending on where in Naas you were going to, it could be a long walk or you would need a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I don't know much about Naas but for Swords your 2 options are:

1 - Take a bus that goes through the tunnel
    2 - Drive to Malahide/Donabate/Portmarnock and take a train into town

Both equally reliable but probably quicker to use a bus that goes through the tunnel

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Also, Heuston doesn't leave you in town. You'll have to transfer to a bus or Luas. So is the cost of commuting something that you are thinking of as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Are you looking at places to work or live - what's the purpose of the query? Might help with giving alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Buses to Swords (Airside) are:

33, 41b and 41c (direct via Drumcondra and Santry)
    41 (via Drumcondra, Santry and Airport)

Swords Express (Direct via Port Tunnel), but more expensive

Advertisement