Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Name That Art

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Is it a still life?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

A little bit more......

357399.jpg

failinis wrote: »
    Is it a still life?

No

Clue - think of a infamous general

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I must say this is not what I expected to find when I typed 'Painting of a famous general'...

357598.jpg

....I obviously didn't read the clue properly, you said 'infamous', not 'famous'.

A little bit more

357701.jpg

Clue 2 - painted in 1800s

Go on ya good thing:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

1800's, famous general, main character of the era... Bony...Napolean bonaparte then all his crowd, Nwy, Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte

Then the brits, Wellington, Harrison, Brick, George Prévost and Taylor...

Then

LOL

but before getting into the Prissians etc etc..

Which campaign?

The American War of Independence was too early

or nationality????

I didn't say the pic was of an infamous general but if you ascertain who the infamous general is you will know what the pic is ;)

• Advertisement

Reveal some more

358006.jpg

OOOHHHHH

Francisco José de Goya y Lucientes (1746-1828)

Portrait of Doña Antonia Zárate, c. 1805-1806

Heistmeister11.jpg

Tee Heee

Well done Oblomov:)

Clue - think of a infamous general - 'The General' Martin Cahill stole the painting from Russborough House before it was rehomed in the National Gallery

Clue 2 - painted in 1800s

Go on ya good thingpacman.gif - Was hoping you would see this as a random comment but it actually contains the artists name 'Go on ya good thing'

You're up

name_that_art_099.jpg

Niot a still Life but life is there

Not a portrait but of a person

Not a landscape but not indoors

Not a sport, in the strictest terms

and Gender related.

But, not ageist.

No animals or pets.

Name_thast_art_002099.jpg

No Tinker, tailor, Soldier or Sailor but I spy

Painted circa 1905

Hmmm, male painter, female model.

water,

hmmm

• Advertisement

Awarded

Médaille d’honneur

Prix National

gold medal at the Exposition Universelle

Created a scandal with a popukar painting in the USA

Qoq, there are some clues there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

Chabas_-_La_Baigneuse.jpg

La_Baigneuse by Paul Émile Chabas!

If I'm right - I will be mad busy at work for the next two days ( and nights) so someone can fire away with the next one, ,,,otherwise if no one takes the opportunity I will put up an new one then.

Yeah..... nice one, congrats...Would anyone like to take up Red hare's offer

Anyone lurjing on the side lines... Go for it.

flowers_002.jpg

flowers_001.jpg

all part of the whole no cover, just different parts

I dare you

Google it...

Please

this was only meant to be a quicky while Red hare was busy.

Not infantile and not a teen...

English,

Clues for artist's name

The artist was born 1947, USA and this is a portrait of the daughter of..... one of the guys running for US president

also painted

oil-painting-james-childs-champagnes-42895.jpg

• Advertisement

First name starts with a J

Second name with a C

Advertisement