Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby - Spoilers inside

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MartinTWD_

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Weren't X and Y released globally on the same day? Wonder why they changed.

Yeah, it was a global release for X and Y. if I remember correct, the first trailer said worldwide release, no idea why they changed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Absolutely fúcking retarded delayed release bullshít.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Ah feck, I was hoping to be in japan for the release but I think I'll be coming back on the 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Can only think the issue with the Bank scared them off doing something like that again. Bit crap if everyone else gets it a week earlier though, fair enough if it was a staggered release again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

hoennmap.jpg

New Hoenn map from Serebii......which is the same as the old one, I'm guessing. They're keeping my one harboured resentment with gen III, that being the over-reliance on sea-routes. Yes, I get it's meant to make sense based on the Japanese region it's based on, but even then, my high-enjoyment of Emerald always had that slight cloud of dread when getting to the sea-portions; they just go on a bit long, regardless of having the odd nice idea involved, like the abandoned ship, or the underwater routes.

The clouds are concealing some new tasties, I guess/hope. If I'm not mistaken/informed wrong, they're obscuring the Battle Frontier as it is.

• Advertisement

One of my big problems with XY was how they blocked off routes. With all those water routes it's going to be a tonne of unnatural obstacles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Wonder what that nasty looking dungeon-thing is on the North of the pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Mega Sableye. Looks interesting!

http://youtu.be/GhBSCthYTLE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'm sure you've probably all seen the craic with the Primal evolutions/de-evolutions of Groudon and Kyogre by now, but if you haven't, HERE you go.

Seen on reddit that it's only 151 days to release, which means 158 for us. That's a lot sooner than I thought. While I'm not thrilled about a remake, I'll still get Sapphire (it's what I got first when the originals came out, my brother got Ruby) because of how much I liked X and Y.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm still annoyed about us getting in 7 days later than the rest of the world.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Secret bases are confirmed for the remake, though that's not really surprising.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/9/5883203/pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-secret-bases-street-pass-feature

Interesting description of what's gonna be in there.

Such a waste of time. Never got why they were so popular.

They'll be slightly more useful now with streetpass features, before they were kinda just a thing that was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

One thing I loved about secret bases in RSE was that their owners were inside with their team ready to battle - handy for XP if you pass by someone who's beaten the game!

I didn't really have any friends that were still into pokémon at that stage, so I never got to experience that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Having a brother with another GameBoy and having all three RSE games helped. :o

Everyone I knew hated the originals and stopped playing.

Yeah, we've been over that one before :P

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, we've been over that one before :P

I still finished them :p

Nobody I knew was bothered, that was how much they hated it. One of them started playing again recently with X, but I dont think anybody else has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

RSE are my second favourite set of games, after RBY.

Will Alpha and Omega use all the new features established since Gen 3?

Reusable TMs? Physical/Special split by move, not type?

Well it'd be ridiculous to change the physical/special split back to what it was in the original RSE, so that'd stay. Every time I go back to play them I forget about that, and wonder why Shadow Ball does next to nothing with Kadabra :pac:

Reusable TMs will probably still be there too, seeing as it will be gen 6 like X and Y.

Would be retarded to remove all that good stuff considering the crap they are adding in with Secret Bases and Contests.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Oh yeah it'll definitely keep all the newer features since it'll be built off X and Y.

It was the same with heart gold and soul silver.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Might be time to get a 3DS. How much is the cheapest version?

EDIT: £79 for a 2DS on amazon. Not bad.

Yeah, I'd reckon the 2DS would be the cheapest you could get, unless you got a deal on a second hand 3DS or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MyNanoh

Is the 2DS, besides being cheaper, very useful?

MyNanoh wrote: »
    Is the 2DS, besides being cheaper, very useful?

I have one. The only thing it doesn't have is the 3D sections. Everything else is the exact same as far as I know. It also doesn't flip closed which is slightly annoying but not a deal breaker. On a budget and it is definitely worth getting. If the budget doesn't matter, you may as well go all in with the 3DSXL.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MyNanoh

That's cool, but I don't understand the purpose of playing 3D games in 2D.
    There's no new experience, it's just like a regression.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

He doesn't mean it literally goes 2D, the game will be displayed in 3D. The 2DS is just incapable of showing the actual 3D bits (like stuff popping out of the screen) that the regular 3DS and XL do.

Advertisement