Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

You're talking crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭IanVW

Another worrying feature and the most worrying i find is the size and lightness of our younger forwards.. We need big men in our forward line and cant solely be relying on seamus all the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭seananigans

IanVW wrote: »
    Another worrying feature and the most worrying i find is the size and lightness of our younger forwards.. We need big men in our forward line and cant solely be relying on seamus all the time...

Unless you have a way of getting them ,other than growing them,not a very constructive comment,the bench is bare as it is ,and none of them lads are bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Motivator

top scorer in waterford club champ last year and this so far afaik... still only 31-32 look i know there is a lot of issues in terms of baggage and attitude but that is down to management that is my point about ryan. he cant manage!!

Kelly had problems with Justin McCarthy & Davy Fitz also, to blame Michael Ryan for mismanagement is rubbish. Kelly had been thinking out loud about retiring for a couple of years before Ryan came in & he said himself the commitment wasn't there anymore.

Tell us all exactly how Ryan caused the biggest exodus in 60+ years in Waterford? Mullane, Eoin McGrath & Ken were all the wrong side of 30 & for years the commitment levels have been raised consistently. Adrian Power walked out after not being picked, if he has a problem with being second best then it's hardly Micheal Ryan's fault.

These "facts" you're dealing aren't entirely true so come back when you get some sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭IanVW

Unless you have a way of getting them ,other than growing them,not a very constructive comment,the bench is bare as it is ,and none of them lads are bigger

Well then we need to stop kidding ourselves and stop expecting us to be competitive because until that happens were going nowhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭culbaire

lets all get our rose tinted glasses off here and deal some straight shooting facts.

we were out hurled, out ran, out thought and more importantly and most worryingly OUTFOUGHT by clare sunday. wides is a load of rubbish if the game went on another 15 mins we would have been annihilated!

scully ryan has singled handedly caused one of the biggest exoduses from waterford hurling since prior to ww2. players and selectors alike wouldnt touch him with a barge pole he is totally inept and not up to a job of this magnitude. can someone please outline to me what his biggest hurling achievement was be it club or county? DLS doesnt count as he was nearly fired mid season (see when bgunner oblitered dls in walsh park) and finally ran out of there even when they won a munster club.

mullane & kelly should still be on the panel ala like of martin comerford and michael kavanagh in the latter years with kk. that comes down to man management this bs of a young team etc. the avr age of clare team was considerably lower then waterfords on sunday. the problem we had was when some of the younger lads werent doing it i.e. barron we had nothing to replace them with.

our hurling is gone back a ton too i have never seen our more prominent men like brick, moran, sullivan all being hooked so much skill levels have disimproved substantially also. it is obvious that the team has gone back loads on a reasonable league campaign anyone thinking we will win a game outside of laois, antrim, carlow and possibly wexford this season is dillusional.

scully and his mob need to be gotten out sooner rather then later for the betterment of waterford hurling its gone on long enough now this charade of progress. progress isnt about "bringing on the young lads" waterford did this in 1992 if u can all remember what happened then? progress is about winning games and conditioning and improving what you have.

we are back to the classic old waterford looking for excuses before we take to the field the man is incompetent and show me what justified this appointment on his cv please? bar the tag "cheap"
    John Mullane who made a wonderful contribution to Waterford hurling walked of his own free will. Now he should stop sniping from the sidelines. He had a sly dig at Michael Ryan yesterday in the Irish Independent. He should stop it. Let him make himself available for selection. Eoin Kelly no longer had the appetite for intercounty hurling sadly. The reality is that it will take time for younger players to mature. I give Michael Ryan and the selectors credit for introducing them. Its the way forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

What did Mullane say exactly?? I'v been told that Mullane had words with Scully over Dano gettin injured while playin midfield, mainly because the other clubs pulled their players. Week before championship. They both expressed their opinion and haven't spoken since an If what I'm told is true they prob won't for a while

What did Mullane say exactly?? I'v been told that Mullane had words with Scully over Dano gettin injured while playin midfield, mainly because the other clubs pulled their players. Week before championship. They both expressed their opinion and haven't spoken since an If what I'm told is true they prob won't for a while
    See http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling/john-mullane-ryan-needs-to-think-again-29315141.html specifically this:
    "Waterford manager Michael Ryan is never slow to give his opinion but I am sure Fitzgerald used his comment from last year – about Clare climbing Carrauntoohil – to motivate the Banners players in the build-up to the game in Thurles."

It is time for Mullane to put aside his pride and make himself available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭deisedude

culbaire wrote: »
    It is time for Mullane to put aside his pride and make himself available.

No, he has retired and deserves to enjoy it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭doz

Anyone talking about bringing Eoin Kelly back in to the fold or suggesting that 'bad man management' led to his retirement is completely out of touch with Waterford hurling.

Frankly I think some of the criticism of the management on here is embarrassing and unwarranted, particularly the personal criticism. At the end of the day due to a variety of reasons beyond their control they do not have a number of the county's best players available this year. In a county of our size we simply do not have the depth of resources to compensate for these absences. Our bench on Sunday was probably the most thread bare we have had in recent years and that is not down to the management. They have no option but to blood young players. The current set up will probably not survive to see the benefits and whoever comes in afterwards will be in a far better position than the somewhat raw deal the current set up inherited.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

deisedude wrote: »
    No, he has retired and deserves to enjoy it

I agree he's retired let him be he won't ever come back or will he?? I wouldn't be surprised if he came back next year but only if Derek McGrath was to get the job.. This is the only person could convince him but saying that what are the chances of Derek gettin the county job next year??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Clare are a better team than Waterford regardless of injuries. I don't know what people expect the manager to do with that group of players, the lack of top forwards is obvious and this may be due to age or inexperience but that's the way it is right now. Back line was looking solid enough though so hopefully that will get us to a quarter final and if we get a bit of luck even a semi, can't see anything more than that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Morte

That was a peculiar game. Clare had a blistering start and then fell apart after conceding a poor goal. Then later we conceded a few peculiar frees and a poor goal and fell apart. And it was so quiet throughout. We thought it actually got quieter when the second half started compared to the interval as people weren't chatting to each other. It didn't feel like championship at all. The GAA should seriously look at staging these games in smaller venues.

It was disappointing to see Waterford peter out when the game was still there as this has been a strength of ours the last few years. I'm not sure if fitness was a contributing factor or if they just looked like that and it was a mental thing. The lack of subs to replace lads also can't have helped here.

Anybody else concerned by the decision to only leave two defenders back when Clare moved the rest of their forwards out around midfield? I thought this was madness especially with Honan around. If a full forward can beat you both in the air and for pace and you're isolated in acres of space near the goal I don't think the full back can do a lot. I'd like to have seen someone like Fives brought back to sweep up and a forward brought back to match the numbers in the middle of the pitch.

The bottom line as discussed before is we only have two forwards who are up to competing for the ball at present and that's not enough. Maurice had a great game up until his knock and I think this was a big milestone for him. Seamus Prendergast was his usual presence. One concern mentioned on the Sunday game was that he probably moved to full forward as he doesn't have the legs for 70 minutes out the field anymore. That seemed to be the case last year. This is a big concern to me as Shane Walsh is another good physical presence but he's never impressed outside of full forward. They can't both play there. With Maurice and Seamus out of the game and at full forward there wasn't a lot we could do at half forward. Deisehurler gave a good summary of our options and they likely revolve around trying to shunt someone like Fives upfront.

Straight talker was right in his comment just after the match that the young forwards just weren't ready for championship hurling. They're being thrown in because there isn't anyone else. No point in blaming them or Michael Ryan for that. The Sunday game had another good insight when they were speaking to the Westmeath (and Waterford!) football managers about the demands of the modern game. The Westmeath chap was speaking about the individual training plans Dublin can afford to set up for all their youngsters as they develop so they arrive to the senior panel with godlike physiques. He reckoned that it takes 3 years for his team to get someone up to that level when they join the Westmeath panel. I'm not sure teams in hurling are at football's level underage but it gives an indication of how tough it is to just pluck youngsters straight in. Kilkenny often don't give players a consistent run until they're in their early twenties (I know they've more competition in front of them). Jamie Barron may seem as new as Lester Ryan but one is 19 and the other is 25. Also Maurice Shanahan would only be starting to nail down his place now. Which puts into perspective his 'disappointing' years up to now (he's also had injuries of course). The forwards may well come good yet. Unfortunately I'm not sure if any of them have the natural physique of Prendergast or the industry of Molumphy.

Too much is being made of Iggy. He made no major cock ups. The forwards weren't winning ball from good deliveries from defence so I don't think O'Keefe's deliveries would make a huge difference. I would play O'Keefe myself but it's not a huge factor. Ditto the manager. Michael Ryan isn't perfect but he's by no means a disaster. There's not a huge lot one can do with the players available with the injuries.

Nagle and Connors had great games and Prendergast a good debut. Moran and Brick were dominant at times but both made some big mistakes as well. I don't get why there was a debate about Brick's distribution before the match. He's the best there is at laying the ball off under pressure. When he's given time and forced to try and dictate the play himself he's woeful. A few long passes went nowhere or straight to a Clare man. And to think people were complaining of Iggy's trajectory. Brick's are a high looping gift to a defence. Now obviously Brick is so dominant he's still a huge asset to a defence. But I'd still agree with Michael Ryan when he first took over and tried to move Brick back to the forwards when he started. I know he didn't seem comfortable but it might be worth trying again. I'd imagine one of him, O'Sullivan or Fives will need to end up there for the short term.

The qualifier route should be a good route for the youngsters to get a run out and to build some confidence. It also gives us a bit of room to experiment. I just hope Dublin don't get scalped and end up being our next opponents. Offally and Wexford will be a decent test but we should be capable of beating them.

jive wrote: »
    Clare are a better team than Waterford regardless of injuries. I don't know what people expect the manager to do with that group of players, the lack of top forwards is obvious and this may be due to age or inexperience but that's the way it is right now. Back line was looking solid enough though so hopefully that will get us to a quarter final and if we get a bit of luck even a semi, can't see anything more than that though.
    The vaunted dominance of the Clare half back line late on came when they were against a Barry, Mahony, O'Brien half forward line. They'll rarely play against one as weak as that again. If Maurice hadn't taken a knock and we had cover to move O'Sullivan or someone up there they might not have turned us over. Molumphy would have made a huge difference as well if he wasn't away.

The two teams are about level. They're both a long way off winning All Irelands. Hopefully this will help to bring the Clare hurlers on. I think their full forward line is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thesaturdayman

Motivator wrote: »
    Kelly had problems with Justin McCarthy & Davy Fitz also, to blame Michael Ryan for mismanagement is rubbish. Kelly had been thinking out loud about retiring for a couple of years before Ryan came in & he said himself the commitment wasn't there anymore.

Tell us all exactly how Ryan caused the biggest exodus in 60+ years in Waterford? Mullane, Eoin McGrath & Ken were all the wrong side of 30 & for years the commitment levels have been raised consistently. Adrian Power walked out after not being picked, if he has a problem with being second best then it's hardly Micheal Ryan's fault.

These "facts" you're dealing aren't entirely true so come back when you get some sense.

so how come kilkenny still up until recently had likes of comerford, kavanagh, in more recent times the john hoynes of the world still knocking around a panel be it number 22-28? they still made themselves available now our situation with kelly and mullane is different a lot more "ego" involved here but still that comes down to management.

ken walked when davy was there im sure ken has no grievences there but why did he walk as a selector with all these promising young lads coming through it seemed strange for him to walk away? there is surely more to that then meets the eye!

kelly is still topping scoring charts at club level, that is a fact! im not saying bring him back im saying the situation should never have been left get to where it is as clearly he could still offer something and we still kinda need him! ditto mullane! thats the management im talking about knowing who u can lose and who u cant! and doing what needs to be done to keep the team winning games! jaysus we had lads on the bench the last day wouldnt win a game of ludo dont mind try and turn a senior hurling match on its head!

another fact is i have never seen moran, brick & sullivan hurl so poorly as i did sunday. they didnt look one bit sharp hurling wise. its more then a coincidence if u ask me 3 ultra consistent and professional guys... it just struck me the amount of times the three of them in particular were hooked and blocked and running into dead ends.... seemed out of kilter from their usual standards, id put that at ryans door too although not totally his fault....

but having a bare 15 on your panel with no one to possibly come in to pull it out of the fire.... buck stops with ryan there.... this result has been coming a while lads and whatever about it... the offalys and wexfords will have their tales up when we play them.... i think its bad now but i reckon there is worse to come....

so if a fella isnt happy you just say a fcuk him leave him off! u have to try and bring lads around onto your side and work with them even if someone has an issue with being no2.... thats what a manager does... i thought of all ppl mr motivator would know that!

so if a fella isnt happy you just say a fcuk him leave him off! u have to try and bring lads around onto your side and work with them even if someone has an issue with being no2.... thats what a manager does... i thought of all ppl mr motivator would know that!

Yeah because thats what Brian Cody did with the likes of Charlie Carter & Cha Fitz is it? He pandered to them & let them walk on & off the panel as they saw fit? Carter got the chop & so did Cha, Cody is the manager & things are done his way. Let me ask you this, if Scully Ryan was to let Mullane & Eoin Kelly walk on & off the panel what message would that send out? He's the manager, if players don't like it then there's plenty others who are able to take their place. The 15 lads that played on Sunday weren't at the races, **** happens. We take the defeat, learn from it & move on. Heres one of your much publicised facts, Mullane or Kelly wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference on Sunday. Waterford have been posting the same scores for a good 3 years now with & without Mullane or Kelly. Until Waterford can post 23 or 24 points they won't win a game.

By the way, with regards to your comment about Michael Ryan not being able to manage, can you clear that up for me please? I'm a bit confused, you must surely have worked under the man to come out with a statement like that. Your problems with him seem very personal, did he drop you from the ladies panel or something?

so how come kilkenny still up until recently had likes of comerford, kavanagh, in more recent times the john hoynes of the world still knocking around a panel be it number 22-28? they still made themselves available now our situation with kelly and mullane is different a lot more "ego" involved here but still that comes down to management.
    Because they know they'll almost certainly get another Celtic Cross to add to their collection at the end of the year. That makes things a lot more attractive and also helps smooth over any differences someone might have with management too. I think we're going to have to get used to players retireing earlier or taking time out. It happens to other mid-tier counties too. Niall McCarthy went travelling this year when Cork could badly do with him. Tony Griffin went on a bicycle tour fundraiser in 2007 after winning an all star the year before.

Eoin Kelly has been one of Waterford's best players and is still not that old. But it's 2009 and three full seasons since he's not been cleaned out at intercounty level. It's even 2010 since he last had a moment of magic to change a game. At some stage you have to stop wishing for the magic to come back. It's not unusual for someone who started as young as he did to burn out that bit earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

The likes of Kelly are a far cry from the KK guys who mind themselves and keep the head down and get in with their hurling, lets be honest here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

For a county lacking in forwards with power and strength (both of last Sunday's sides are), would putting Brick back up to 11 be an option with Moran slotting into 6?
    Are there enough backs to cover the HB line?
    Where does Brick line out in club hurling? Having him around the half froward line would be a boost for young lads like Dillon and O Halloran such is Brick's distribution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

Kelly was given more than his fair chance last year. He was given the same fitness plan as everyone else over the winter but didnt stick to it and turned up in Januray in poor shape. They still stuck with him probably on the grounds that he was that bit older and would find it that bit tougher to get match fit but it didn't happen. There was discontent in the panel when lads that were giving 110% thought they would be losing out to someone whose head wasn't in it anymore yet was looking for preferential treatment based on past reputations.

The old phrase about brining the horse to water, but at the end of the day scully made the right decision it was time to move on.

Hidalgo wrote: »
    For a county lacking in forwards with power and strength (both of last Sunday's sides are), would putting Brick back up to 11 be an option with Moran slotting into 6?
    Are there enough backs to cover the HB line?
    Where does Brick line out in club hurling? Having him around the half froward line would be a boost for young lads like Dillon and O Halloran such is Brick's distribution

He was tried there in the league last year didnt work. wasnt near as influential. might be a case for moving him to midfield alright and moving Moran to centre back

robopaddy wrote: »
    Kelly was given more than his fair chance last year. He was given the same fitness plan as everyone else over the winter but didnt stick to it and turned up in Januray in poor shape. They still stuck with him probably on the grounds that he was that bit older and would find it that bit tougher to get match fit but it didn't happen. There was discontent in the panel when lads that were giving 110% thought they would be losing out to someone whose head wasn't in it anymore yet was looking for preferential treatment based on past reputations.

The old phrase about brining the horse to water, but at the end of the day scully made the right decision it was time to move on.

You've hit the nail on the head, this is exactly how things went. I can't wait to see what rubbish this clown saturdayman comes out with next.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Morte wrote: »
    That was a peculiar game. Clare had a blistering start and then fell apart after conceding a poor goal. Then later we conceded a few peculiar frees and a poor goal and fell apart. And it was so quiet throughout. We thought it actually got quieter when the second half started compared to the interval as people weren't chatting to each other. It didn't feel like championship at all. The GAA should seriously look at staging these games in smaller venues.

It was disappointing to see Waterford peter out when the game was still there as this has been a strength of ours the last few years. I'm not sure if fitness was a contributing factor or if they just looked like that and it was a mental thing. The lack of subs to replace lads also can't have helped here.

Anybody else concerned by the decision to only leave two defenders back when Clare moved the rest of their forwards out around midfield? I thought this was madness especially with Honan around. If a full forward can beat you both in the air and for pace and you're isolated in acres of space near the goal I don't think the full back can do a lot. I'd like to have seen someone like Fives brought back to sweep up and a forward brought back to match the numbers in the middle of the pitch.

The bottom line as discussed before is we only have two forwards who are up to competing for the ball at present and that's not enough. Maurice had a great game up until his knock and I think this was a big milestone for him. Seamus Prendergast was his usual presence. One concern mentioned on the Sunday game was that he probably moved to full forward as he doesn't have the legs for 70 minutes out the field anymore. That seemed to be the case last year. This is a big concern to me as Shane Walsh is another good physical presence but he's never impressed outside of full forward. They can't both play there. With Maurice and Seamus out of the game and at full forward there wasn't a lot we could do at half forward. Deisehurler gave a good summary of our options and they likely revolve around trying to shunt someone like Fives upfront.

Straight talker was right in his comment just after the match that the young forwards just weren't ready for championship hurling. They're being thrown in because there isn't anyone else. No point in blaming them or Michael Ryan for that. The Sunday game had another good insight when they were speaking to the Westmeath (and Waterford!) football managers about the demands of the modern game. The Westmeath chap was speaking about the individual training plans Dublin can afford to set up for all their youngsters as they develop so they arrive to the senior panel with godlike physiques. He reckoned that it takes 3 years for his team to get someone up to that level when they join the Westmeath panel. I'm not sure teams in hurling are at football's level underage but it gives an indication of how tough it is to just pluck youngsters straight in. Kilkenny often don't give players a consistent run until they're in their early twenties (I know they've more competition in front of them). Jamie Barron may seem as new as Lester Ryan but one is 19 and the other is 25. Also Maurice Shanahan would only be starting to nail down his place now. Which puts into perspective his 'disappointing' years up to now (he's also had injuries of course). The forwards may well come good yet. Unfortunately I'm not sure if any of them have the natural physique of Prendergast or the industry of Molumphy.

Too much is being made of Iggy. He made no major cock ups. The forwards weren't winning ball from good deliveries from defence so I don't think O'Keefe's deliveries would make a huge difference. I would play O'Keefe myself but it's not a huge factor. Ditto the manager. Michael Ryan isn't perfect but he's by no means a disaster. There's not a huge lot one can do with the players available with the injuries.

Nagle and Connors had great games and Prendergast a good debut. Moran and Brick were dominant at times but both made some big mistakes as well. I don't get why there was a debate about Brick's distribution before the match. He's the best there is at laying the ball off under pressure. When he's given time and forced to try and dictate the play himself he's woeful. A few long passes went nowhere or straight to a Clare man. And to think people were complaining of Iggy's trajectory. Brick's are a high looping gift to a defence. Now obviously Brick is so dominant he's still a huge asset to a defence. But I'd still agree with Michael Ryan when he first took over and tried to move Brick back to the forwards when he started. I know he didn't seem comfortable but it might be worth trying again. I'd imagine one of him, O'Sullivan or Fives will need to end up there for the short term.

The qualifier route should be a good route for the youngsters to get a run out and to build some confidence. It also gives us a bit of room to experiment. I just hope Dublin don't get scalped and end up being our next opponents. Offally and Wexford will be a decent test but we should be capable of beating them.

Agree 100% with this

Don't think I've ever been at a Waterford Championship match before where there wasn't one
    WA-TER-FURD
    Clap- clap - clap

Still hope we can pick it up through the qualifiers and the young lads get some experience

Deskjockey wrote: »
    Agree 100% with this

Don't think I've ever been at a Waterford Championship match before where there wasn't one
    WA-TER-FURD
    Clap- clap - clap

Still hope we can pick it up through the qualifiers and the young lads get some experience

The good times are over as far as the big days out on the bandwagon following waterford are concerned. Remember the championsip clashes with Cork in Thurles and the atmosphere around the square, and 55,000 packed into Semple Stadium for our Munster final clash with Clare in 98'. Those days are long gone. Even if we were to rise to those heights again on the field, the support wouldnt come close to what it was. There are a number of reasons

A The recession: People dont have the money they had then. The cost of going on Sunday to bring kids and family between petrol, match tickets food/drink etc etc is unfeasible in the current climate
    B Emigration: A lot the age-group - 20/30 year olds which make up a large percentage of intercounty GAA followers have left these shores. The ones that are around struggling to make ends meet
    C Loss of Glamour: When the Flynns, Mullanes, Shanahans, Ken McGath and Kellys all these colourful characters left so did a lot of the support
    D - AI Final Defeat 08 - The song that year was dont stop beleiveing. Unfortunately a lot of supporters did following that result and havent returned since

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

ken walked when davy was there im sure ken has no grievences there but why did he walk as a selector with all these promising young lads coming through it seemed strange for him to walk away? there is surely more to that then meets the eye!

kelly is still topping scoring charts at club level, that is a fact! im not saying bring him back im saying the situation should never have been left get to where it is as clearly he could still offer something and we still kinda need him! ditto mullane! thats the management im talking about knowing who u can lose and who u cant! and doing what needs to be done to keep the team winning games! jaysus we had lads on the bench the last day wouldnt win a game of ludo dont mind try and turn a senior hurling match on its head!

another fact is i have never seen moran, brick & sullivan hurl so poorly as i did sunday. they didnt look one bit sharp hurling wise. its more then a coincidence if u ask me 3 ultra consistent and professional guys... it just struck me the amount of times the three of them in particular were hooked and blocked and running into dead ends.... seemed out of kilter from their usual standards, id put that at ryans door too although not totally his fault....

but having a bare 15 on your panel with no one to possibly come in to pull it out of the fire.... buck stops with ryan there.... this result has been coming a while lads and whatever about it... the offalys and wexfords will have their tales up when we play them.... i think its bad now but i reckon there is worse to come....

If you keep drinking like this your going to do serious damage to yourself saturday.

You've hit the nail on the head, this is exactly how things went. I can't wait to see what rubbish this clown saturdayman comes out with next.

so the rubbish im coming out with is fairly straight forward, is eoin kelly not consistently top scorer in co. championship last 5 years & is he still not in top 5 forwards in the county at club level.

ditto mullane.

my point being u "clown" is that everything should be done to keep them on the panel. yea fair enough kelly is a pain in the bololx at times and ryan was probably right in the end to give him the p45 but and this is the important thing would another manager have managed him differently? i would say so. but whatever about kelly would another manager have managed mullane differently? absolutely should mullane still be on the panel? bad and all as we were sunday mullane would have dragged us over the line imo,

can u not comprehend what i am saying without resorting to derogatory and abusive terms? or is my "rubbish" not fit for an online forum you "clown"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

my point being u "clown" is that everything should be done to keep them on the panel. yea fair enough kelly is a pain in the bololx at times and ryan was probably right in the end to give him the p45 but and this is the important thing would another manager have managed him differently? i would say so.

:confused:

So he should have done everything to keep him on the panel, but was right to let him go...

• Advertisement

probably ryan had done all he was capable of in terms of communicating and managing yea, but he isnt a good manager or communicater and i think if there had been someone else in place the outcome would have been different. for eg. would a donal o grady have left himself in this kind of a situation? unlikely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement