Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby - Spoilers inside

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Been playing world of warcraft and study week starts when pokemon comes out. Doubt I'll be looking at it until christmas anyway. Would just download it from eshop but it tends to be a decent bit more.

Yeah, I probably won't get to play too much until my Christmas break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Captain Hman

i would get the game but theres just too much water

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

cloud493 wrote: »
    Lucky man :p I'm trying to think of any possible way to get it early, but I got nothing. Even connecting to the US e-shop won't work, apparently.

It will work but you will lose all your save data for all games and access to your PokeBank.

And that's not a trade worth making for a weeks wait.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

So, for those with the game, does the Exp Share work like it did in X&Y?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

It does. Still makes the game a bit easier, but theres no equivalent to the battle mansion so none of that grinding :p dexnav is brilliant though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I kind of like the Battle Mansion, but nothing will beat Black Tower/White Treehollow from B&W2 for XP grinding.

I liked that Mansion, mainly for doing the Challenge Writs in the post-game for fast levelling.

I honestly never used a Challenge Writ. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

I've never done many things from X&Y. Excited for ORAS though. Unfortunately I have to wait until Christmas to get them because I have a younger brother who'll be getting them then. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Kirby wrote: »
    It will work but you will lose all your save data for all games and access to your PokeBank.

And that's not a trade worth making for a weeks wait.
    Speaking of PokeBank, if I renew now would I lose however many days I have left, or will it just add 365 to my current remaining time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Hi folks anywhere to get an electronic version of this. Dont have a DS at the moment.

If you mean a non-physical copy, it can be downloaded from the Nintendo eStore from Friday in PAL regions.

If you mean a non-physical copy, it can be downloaded from the Nintendo eStore from Friday in PAL regions.

yes a non-physical copy that preferably I could play on my PC. I am of the opinion that my PC would have a longer shelf life than a DS. I have had my PC for 3 years my last DS lasted 12.5 months.

Also wish to add that it is a fully legal copy of the game I want. If I have to buy a DS to play it I will.

I don't think I'm at liberty to discuss such a thing here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

There's no way to get a legal download copy to play on a PC as Nintendo only supplies games for their own hardware. Discussion on where to get illegal download games is not allowed.

thanks suppose i better look for a cheap ds then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

lycan238 wrote: »

You should be able to pick up a secondhand 3DS or 2DS for €100 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

lycan238 wrote: »

they're cheap enough on adverts/donedeal etc.

i bought one a few weeks back myself, along with Y and HG, getting Alpha Sapphire next week. hope to resell all along before christmas after im finished with them and get most me money back, you should do the same if you only want it for a few games

they're cheap enough on adverts/donedeal etc.

i bought one a few weeks back myself, along with Y and HG, getting Alpha Sapphire next week. hope to resell all along before christmas after im finished with them and get most me money back, you should do the same if you only want it for a few games

Heart Gold?? Now there is a blast from the past. have played the series since red blue yellow and stopped when ruby and sapphire originally came out. bought a 3DS full price for X/Y coming out and it lasted 12.5 months. I have plenty of young cousins that call to the house from time to time for a visit so i usually have a few spare games that i let them have a go of while they are here.

HGSS is hard to find and its held its value quite well :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

cost me €38 in cex, trying to flog it on adverts for €45 now :pac: Hardly any HG/SS versions on adverts

Really??? I gave mine to the children's ward of the local hospital.

Aye, its pretty much the same value if not more now as it was at launch more than 4 years ago, and the ones with the cardboard box and poke walker is even more.

HGSS is well worth the price imo. Amazing game.

they're charging 65 euro for ORAS in gamestop... disgraceful if u ask me

No its gone down to 50 now :p So I'm told.

€65 was just for the pre-order I thought

No its gone down to 50 now :p So I'm told.

50 is a bit too much IMO, 40 euro on amazon for the game is pretty decent,
    ill be getting it off there when i have the dough

Thats fairly standard these days :p

• Advertisement

The only problem with HG/SS is that you needed a WEP password for your router to use online services, and any modern (<5 years old) router uses WPA, which the DS wasn't equipped for. I'd say Nintendo would rake in a load of cash if they re-released HG/SS on the 3DS.

Advertisement