Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tamiya Neo Fighter DT-03 + newbie in RC world

• 25-11-2014 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

Hi All
    I'm brand new to RC hobby, don't even have any car yet, but just ordered from Santa for myself and my son

So I decided to go for Tamiya Neo Fighter DT-03 , it will be all stock at the beginning, but looking forward to some upgrades.

Does anyone has this model already ? any tips, thoughts?

I live in Dublin - are there any RC clubs - are there any tracks? where do u guys go with your off-roads? I know about one asphalt track in St Annes park.
    Please share some information with newbie :)

Are there any good shops in Dublin with RC models ? I have ordered mine in Germany, haven't seen any shop around.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

Howya,
    Theres the dublin model car club, we race 1/10th electric indoors on astroturf in the Naul co Dublin.

the dt-03 is really just a step up from a toy, but its cheap and you can get parts easily in germany (modelbau siedel). Its not the worst introduction to RC and will at least give you an idea if you like it.
    Id advise not to spend money upgrading parts, see if you like it and then upgrade the whole car (seriously).
    Though if you want to just drive around carparks and short grass it will be spot on.

Drop along to the dublin model car club somtime , theres plenty of people who will be only too happy to advise you and help you and your son out. You are also welcome to test the car out on the track (and race it if you fancy it)

Theres plenty of info on our site for beginners, though we always stress people to come see us before you buy, though its too late for that! haha

http://www.dublinmodelracing.com/gstarted.html

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Marcin_diy

Hello , thanks for the reply.
    Yeah - dt-03 is an entry model I'm aware.
    My son is only 5, so I did not want to get something really expensive. Once we both get some experience I will probably start upgrading dt-03 for him, I seen some nice parts, and I'll look for a new car for myself.
    Thanks for sharing info about club. we will definitely visit you guys one day.

Advertisement