Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WIN tickets to Glasnevin Musical Society's What a Wonderful Musical Life in NCH!

• 21-11-2014 12:26pm
    Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Kick off your Christmas season with an evening of wonderful music and entertainment from the renowned chorus and soloists of The Glasnevin Musical Society.

Come with us on a journey through a century of musicals including; The Wizard of Oz, Wicked, Crazy for You, The 1940’s Radio Hour, Footloose & Sister Act, to name but a few! Performed alongside some favourite Disney hits and topped off with treasured Christmas classics and traditional carols, the evening is sure to bring you right into the festive spirit.

Get ready for a night of musical magic this December!
    329123.jpg

With great thanks to Glasnevin Musical Society, we have 3 sets of tickets to give away for this on Saturday 6th December in the National Concert Hall, Dublin:

1 pair for the evening show
    1 family ticket (2 adults and 2 children) for the matinee show
    1 pair of tickets for the matinee show

To be in with a chance to win one of these, please tell us your favourite song from a musical and include which tickets you would like to win (evening, matinee or matinee family ticket - you can say all 3 if you like!)

Winners will be chosen at random on Monday 1st December and notified via PM.

Highlights from last year's show:

=====
    If you want to guarantee tickets at this event, you can purchase them as below:

Prices
    Evening: €30, €28, €25
    Matinee: €25, €22, €20
    Family ticket available for matinee performance - 2 adults & 2 children for €75
    10% discount for Groups of 10 or more
    10% discount for Friends of the National Concert Hall

http://www.nch.ie

Best of luck!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

My favourite song from a musical is Defying Gravity from Wicked :)

I'd love a pair of tickets for the evening show! (Wouldn't say no to the matinee either though :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 wildnwindy

My Favourite song from a musical is "as long as he needs me" from oliver
    2 evening tickets would be amazing ( though anything would be great)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 holey nogan

Any dream will do .Joseph and the Amazin Technicolor Dreamcoat

• Registered Users Posts: 2 holey nogan

Any dream will do .Joseph and the Amazin Technicolor Dreamcoat .......ANY TICKETS WILL DO

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

My current favourite musical song (there are just so many!!) is Salve Regina from Sister Act, puts me in a great mood on my morning commute to work :)

I'd love the evening tickets but matinee tickets would be amazing too! *fingers crossed*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Do-re-mi Sound of Music :D

I'd be good with either the pair for the matinee or pair for the evening show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Feed Me - Little Shop of Horrors

Either tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭TheBody

Favourite Song: "Do you Hear the People Sing " from Le Mis

Prefer to get the evening or the matinee tickets

Pick me!!!!!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

"I'm Still Here" from "Follies"

Evening tickets would be nice!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I dreamed a dream (from Les Misérables) :p

I'd like evening tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I love Nessun dorma --- but i'm not sure that will count as it's from an Opera

If it doesn't count I also love I dreamed a dream

evening tickets would be great.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Blackhills of Dakota from Calamity Jane.
    My preference would be the family tickets but any would be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 psychoniamh

Ooh, tough one! If I were pressed for an answer (which I guess I am now!) as to my favourite song from a Musical, it would have to be "The Letter" from Billy Elliot. It's so beautiful, and really emotive.

I would love to win the pair of tickets for the Matinee. It would be so so nice as I have 20,000 words of college assignments due on the 5th of December, so it would be such a lovely reward. Thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Id love a pair of evening tickets!

Current favourite is Goodbye until tomorrow/I could never rescue you from The Last Five Years. Involved in the music for it two years ago and that one sticks in my head, it's one of my first go to's when I sit down to the piano!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭daigo75

Favourite song: Defying Gravity from Wicked
    Preferred show: evening

Thanks for the chance of getting a ticket :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

My fav song in a musical is from Wicked - Defying Gravity, gives me goosebumps every time! Evening show tickets please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Pinkmoon19

My Fave is Les Miserables, my favourite song is I dreamed a Dream. Would love any tickets but especially evening. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Defying Gravity from Wicked. Pls to be having the evening tix thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭buttonsc

My Fair Lady. The Street Where You Live. Matinee please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭loopymum

Hard Knock life from Annie

I would love to win the family matinee tickets

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Ok, I have just done 3 random draws (using random.org). The winners are:

Evening show tickets x 2: wildnwindy

Family ticket for matinee show: loopymum

Matinee x 2 tickets: buttonsc

Well done! PMs on their way to you now :)

Advertisement