Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A bit more lighthearted

• 11-06-2008 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭

So with it coming closer to the final vote and both sides (well speaking personally here and making an assumption) blue in the face arguing without changing each others minds I thought a little bit of fun might be in order.

So is anyone willing to admit they're voting no because they got it at 7/1 with the bookies a couple of weeks ago :D:D (Im a no voter by the way so please dont accuse me of belittling the no side im just looking at a fun scenario)

Personally I'm sickened I missed out as I planned to put money on it. Oh and please try your best not to debate the issues here :D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Well all fun aside for a sec but that is the most ludicrous reason to vote yes or no that has been yet mentioned. I seriously doubt there would be anyone out there voting one way or the other because of a bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I know! I just thought it'd be nice to break up something thats becoming so intense especially as most have their opinions set now one way or another. With the boards poll showing 1000 decided to just 85.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

sink wrote: »
    Well all fun aside for a sec but that is the most ludicrous reason to vote yes or no that has been yet mentioned.
    Personally I think nuclear war is still the best.

A quote from the bookies "We've taken several substantial bets on a No outcome including one bet of EUR10,000 at odds of 5/1"

Wouldn't it just be hilarious if one of these big bets turned out to be from Libertas and paddypower ended up financing the no campaign :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Wouldn't it just be hilarious if one of these big bets turned out to be from Libertas and paddypower ended up financing the no campaign :D

Or it could be Brian Cowen - looking for a way to soften the blow if there is a NO vote!!

• Advertisement

turgon wrote: »
    Or it could be Brian Cowen - looking for a way to soften the blow if there is a NO vote!!

lol Cowen takes 50M of govenment yes funds and bets on a NO. Makes a tits of their campaign, looses and retires to the faroes!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,078 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Maybe bertie was down at the bookies again ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

€10k is a lot of confidence! Didn't get money down at 7/1 unfortunately:(
    Personally I think nuclear war is still the best.

Personally I think not wanting to be on the same side as Sinn Fein is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Wanting to let Lisbon into the EU was the best reason for a Yes vote that I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Wanting to let Lisbon into the EU was the best reason for a Yes vote that I heard.
    :D Please tell me you're joking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Hehe. If I remember correctly, this kind of thing is why the CIA pulled their "guess the outcome by betting" system there about two years ago (the idea is actually sound but...). The concern was that someone would bet big on their being an attack somewhere, then actually perpetrating it to get their moola.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

:D Please tell me you're joking.

Yep. One old lady said this to me... she'd been there on holidays there and reckoned they should be allowed in. I just hadn't the heart to correct her.

Advertisement