Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

going to EuroDisney

• 13-11-2013 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hi, Thinking of going to Eurodisney towards end of November with wife & 3 kids. Flying form Cork to CDG. Flights land in the afternoon in CDG and same back to Cork. Should we go for 3 full days or is 2 enough.

Sorry to be stupid but what does half board mean in the hotels?

any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

sonnyblack wrote: »
    Hi, Thinking of going to Eurodisney towards end of November with wife & 3 kids. Flying form Cork to CDG. Flights land in the afternoon in CDG and same back to Cork. Should we go for 3 full days or is 2 enough.

Sorry to be stupid but what does half board mean in the hotels?

any help appreciated

I was there, and would say 2 days is enough, you will get a lot done in one day. Unless you plan a trip into Paris for a day can't see a need for 3 days.

Half board usually means bed, breakfast and 1 main meal. Nothing extra like free drinks and afternoon lunch etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

We spent 2 full days there and I'd have loved to have had a 3rd. Couldn't afford more time off.
    How you getting from CDG to Disneyland? Would highly recommend their fast TGV train there, 10 mins! It's pricey but was worth it.

Gatica wrote: »
    We spent 2 full days there and I'd have loved to have had a 3rd. Couldn't afford more time off.
    How you getting from CDG to Disneyland? Would highly recommend their fast TGV train there, 10 mins! It's pricey but was worth it.

Yeah did the TGV there few weeks back 10 mins and dont have to even leave the airport excellent way to get there. Was well worth it and no hassle looking for the bus or anything.

Val D'Europe is worth going for shopping as well only 5 mins at most drive from Euro Disney and huge amounts of shop with bit of everything there

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

have been toEuro disney on several occassions and am heading back in January and definately would go for the 3 day option....Half Board means breakfast and either lunch or Dinner.... There is a sale on at the minute with 15% and free half board.... This is a good saving as food is very expensive there... We usually use the disney bus, but would be interested in the tgv fast train it sounds cool.... what terminal does it go from , we fly into terminal 1...and what is the cost of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Half board would usually be breakfast and lunch or breakfast and dinner..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Go for the half board option as food is really expensive there. 2 days would be enough for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tidyweb

Heading to Eurodisney is a few weeks. 2 adults 2 kids. Any advice ont he best and cheapest places to eat? Seems very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

It is expensive but there is a MC,Ds that is at the usual price.

Little tip if you like a take away drink or food, there is a store down at the train station that is dirt cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tidyweb

Any big recommendations for things to do while there -

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Bring asprin / calpol etc. You can't get any in the park for some reason. Food is pricey in the park, bring a rucksack to breakfast and load up. No sliced pan. Not kidding. It's all french bread! You can get sandwiches in the train station. Water & soft drinks too.

Bring comfy shoes, you'll have the legs walked off you. Firework show is excellent. Go to the most popular rides as early in the morning as you can, to avoid queues.

McDonalds is cheapest, but I'd also go to Earl of Sandwich to get some variety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Hope someone can help clarify this. So I'm looking at arriving on the 4th February and checking out of the Park on the 6th

Hotel Package is for 2 nights/3 days. Does that mean you get tickets for 3 named consecutive days based on the date of arrival and date of checkout so 3 days is 4th, 5th & 6th February? Or if you arrive late on the 4th ( park closed) does it mean you have access to the park for the 5th, 6th & 7th? I don't imagine so but am finding it hard to see the information on the Disney site.

PS. Reason I'm asking is am planning on moving to Val D'Isere on the 6th and staying 2 nights there for a bit of variety, easy access to the park and the new hotel for the 6th and a day trip to Paris on the 7th.

TBH I would prefer to stay in Val D'Isere for the 4 days but am finding it cheaper to stay on site in Disneyland as park tickets are included

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Rabbitt

Hi.
    Booking 5 days in eurodisney and was wondering if you give us some tips

Handiest way to get from CDG to Eurodisney?
    Is 5 days enough?
    Is Sequia Lodge hotel good?

Thanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

Easiest way is to get the TGV fast train that goes there direct. Takes about 10 mins. It's not cheap but it's worth the money. The stop is Marne La Vallée–Chessy.

Info here:

http://parisbytrain.com/tgv-train-cdg-to-eurodisney/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

5 days is plenty if not a little to much you can always go to Paris for a day or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

check out www.ezyshuttle.com.... we used them two weeks ago from CDG to disneyland and they were super.... they pick up at arrivals, Its E70 for up to 6 people each way . 5 days is a lovely time to spend there, go into Paris for a day, the train goes right into there from Disney. The Sequia Lodge is lovely, have never stayed there but have been into it and it looks realy nice.. Enjoy your trip

Advertisement