Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boxee Box

• 06-07-2011 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

Just got one of these delivered from amazon this morning and thought it would just be a case of type in a tv programme and bang i could watch it, clearly i was mistaken, can anyone give me a fools guide to using the boxee box, iv searched youtube but cant find the right clip

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

iv just managed to link my laptop to the boxee so thats some bit of progress but i sill cant get anything decent on the boxee itself other than some sh*t already on it that iv never heard of

anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Well, thats probably because you're using it in Ireland, right? Correct me if I'm wrong here because I don't know the ins and outs of the boxee, but it mostly relies on services like Hulu and Netflixs that aren't readily available outside the US due to copyright laws.

ah i see i wasnt aware of that before making the purchase..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

ah i see i wasnt aware of that before making the purchase..........
    Get the navi-x app. There is an unbelievable amount of content on it. Nearly all not geo blocked as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭duffman21

Hi Officer Giggles

How are you getting on with boxee?

to be honest it has been sitting there collecting dust, i didnt see the comment about installing navi-x app so il have to try that, what i thought i was buying and what i got is two totally different things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

to be honest it has been sitting there collecting dust, i didnt see the comment about installing navi-x app so il have to try that, what i thought i was buying and what i got is two totally different things
    Ya once you install navi-x you see the huge amount of content available.

Hi Guys,

what price should I be expecting to pay for a boxee box/

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭torrestorres

duffman21 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

what price should I be expecting to pay for a boxee box/

Thanks

You could install boxee on your laptop and use a cable to connect the laptop to the TV, then you can view all the content on the boxee (mostly crap haven't tried that app mentions above) and also movies on your hard drive. If you have a smartphone you can use the boxee app to control the boxee on your laptop.

Me personally much prefer xbmc and i connect my pc to my tv for viewing content like movies and icefilms.

Hope this helps :)

• Advertisement

cheers torrestorres, I was looking at xbmc too, will check them both out,
    thanks for the info

Advertisement