Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TODAYS CHEAPEST PETROL THREAD!!

• 24-07-2008 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭CRAIG07

ok people here you can post all the petrol / diesel prices that you have seen today, then we can see who is the cheapest in limerick.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Pshan

What prices have you seen and where?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Shell in thomondgate, across from quiltys E1.33, it's topaz now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Hansel

Haven't seen today's price, but the Amber station on the Kilmallock road is consistently the cheapest that I can find. Normally a good 2 or 3 cent per litre cheaper than Texaco, Topaz(new name for Shell & Statoil) etc.

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Shell in thomondgate, across from quiltys E1.33, it's topaz now...

Same prices all along the Dock Road this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭ Chance Delightful Spring

The Esso (I think that's it) in Groody/Castletroy is 131.99

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 samhain's son

I have been boycotting Shell and Statoil over the Mayo Gas pipeline but it would be so handy for me to be able to pop into the Shell garage as there is one very close to where I live - is Topaz just a new name for Shell and Statoil or is it a new company that have taken over their petrol stations which means I could use the premises?

I have been boycotting Shell and Statoil over the Mayo Gas pipeline but it would be so handy for me to be able to pop into the Shell garage as there is one very close to where I live - is Topaz just a new name for Shell and Statoil or is it a new company that have taken over their petrol stations which means I could use the premises?

Looks to me that you're ok to use them....

Topaz Energy Ltd has announced a €50 million investment programme to support the launch of the new Topaz
    brand in the Irish fuels and retail business. The company, which is one of Ireland’s
    largest privately owned companies, has a turnover of over €3.5 billion a year and has
    more than 1.5 million customer transactions each week.
    In 2005 and 2006 respectively it bought the retail and commercial fuels businesses of
    Shell and Statoil in Ireland. It is the largest fuels business in the country. The company
    expects to create 400 new jobs as a result of this investment programme.
    The new Topaz brand will replace the Shell and Statoil brands in the Irish retail and commercial fuels market.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,670 ✭✭✭✭phog

and where do Topaz source their fuel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Hansel wrote: »
    Haven't seen today's price, but the Amber station on the Kilmallock road is consistently the cheapest that I can find. Normally a good 2 or 3 cent per litre cheaper than Texaco, Topaz(new name for Shell & Statoil) etc.

I find there petrol to be s**it! It goes very fast, I find Shell petrol the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

i tried that maxol e5 there for a few runs in the passat found it a little bit more efficent and i got it for 133..cheapest near me is clarina at 132..

my passats in the garage at the mo and im driving a pajero cheapest dozzil ( and it takes alot of it) was the amber on the old cork road..

• Advertisement

I find there petrol to be s**it! It goes very fast, I find Shell petrol the best.
    I've never had that problem. In fact, my fuel efficiency has increased lately, which is kind of bizarre. No complaints here though.:D

payed 137 for dozzil and 129 for petrol over the weekend at the texaco in raheen.....

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

1.29 in cork city, esso on the left at the start of the link road heading out of town towards the kinsale road roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Bought it in the Amber in the centre of Charleville yesterday for 128.4 - it's the lowest I've seen. It's 128.9 at the Topaz on the way into Charleville by Lidl.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Was in Dingle for the weekend and petrol was 141.9p
    Glad I filled up in Limerick before I went.

John.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

1.29 today in Patrickswell (ok not the city but it practically is a suburb these days!)....drove past it to the next station 200 yards up the street to see the price up there...1.35! I did a quick U-turn and I wasnt the only one either!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The dearest garage in Charleville is selling unleaded at 128.9 and diesel at 138.9

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Osk

131.9 this morning in Topaz/Statoil beside Advance Tyres Ennis Road.

129 yesterday in clarina...oh ya...the recession is over :)

winters coming heating oil is at 1:05...wish id fitted the wood pellet boiler now :(

126.9 for unleaded at the Texaco across from the Southcourt, near the Raheen Industrial Estate roundabout.

• Advertisement

mmm that texaco seems to be the new cheapest around....i dont know how i havent noticed it will now i pass it every evening...

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

This is a lot of work guys. Try www.pumps.ie. All the local stations are there and you just update the current price. I try to update it with the local ones if I remember them.

Anybody else find it sad that we find the current prices "cheap"?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭rosboy

Hansel wrote: »
    Anybody else find it sad that we find the current prices "cheap"?:(

The thread is actually for the "cheapest" petrol. Its all relative.

Anyways, I have a Benchmark fuel card. I can use it at any Statoil (now Topaz). Cost is 127.5 at any Topaz station for petrol, and 139.9 for diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

€1.29 in Topaz in Corbally.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Crea wrote: »
    €1.29 in Topaz in Corbally.

It's cheaper in half a dozen places in limerick now.
    • Texaco Raheen - 125.5
    • Shell Sexton St - 127.9
    Found these on pumps.ie, so I can't guarantee them myself. Actually i can for the shell as I seen it myself earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,103 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

rosboy wrote: »
    The thread is actually for the "cheapest" petrol. Its all relative.

Anyways, I have a Benchmark fuel card. I can use it at any Statoil (now Topaz). Cost is 127.5 at any Topaz station for petrol, and 139.9 for diesel.

I bought my diesel at an Esso station last week for 138.9 with no fuel card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

I know it's not local, but I got it for 125.2 in Midleton on Friday night.

Mike

Texaco in Raheen was 125.5 for unleaded when I was there today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

mmm that texaco seems to be the new cheapest around....i dont know how i havent noticed it will now i pass it every evening...

thanks for the tip. i work right beside there but never go in as home is always in the town direction. will be using it in the future for sure!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement