Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned, but the troll escapes.

• 18-08-2015 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=96389646

You have been banned from Politics Cafe for one day for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

Thats all well and fine, I accept that but such care needs to be taken to the root, the troll. The poster was clearly hell bent on acting dumb to incite a reaction when the facts were clearly displayed. This can cause for the other poster to react but wheres there no troll, theres no reaction. This happens because the mod reacts to the report only but ignores where it started. The troll was also stating words I did not say, another infamous troll tactic.

This place is full of them, about them they were banned for the nonsense they direct.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi VEN

per the process can you please confirm you've attempted to resolve this with the mod?
    And can you please forward that PM exchange where you seek to get your 1 day ban in July overturned?

Thanks
    Taltos

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Ven - taking from your lack of response that you are not interested in progressing this dispute. Will give it a few more days in case you are away but if I don't hear shortly will request this thread be closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement