Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

on the FT for an Dublin EPT ticket, stars... crap shooty.... turbo

edit went in 5th --- boooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

Is it a €100 F/O in CHL's tonight?

And is it CHL's €300 to-morrow as I am due a hall pass...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Yes, and yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

oh 300 game tomorrow, hmmm, might go play that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

How did you finish up in CHL's 100 after?
    OK I saw the other thread. UL

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

oh 300 game tomorrow, hmmm, might go play that.

Anyone else heading in to this??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

thechamp87 wrote: »
    Anyone else heading in to this??

nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Norwich Fan Rob and Ozpoker chopped CHL's €300 game. WP lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Scummyscousers

ollyk1 wrote: »

good stuff. not many there, Jpsgame, the match, upcoming events all contributed id say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

ollyk1 wrote: »

WP lads. It was a good game and a good game and a good structure. I managed to successfully bluff off most of my stack. I was left with 75 chips with blinds/antes at 300/600/50. Got back up 5k and moved table.

I pushed allin from the BB for 5k with the mighty 62o only to be called by AJs in my first hand :p...that was all she wrote!

thanks olly, was a good game, bar one incident which was unsavoury.

35 runners, lots of play, and basically a good game, me, oz and another guy took 2650 each, so happy with that, but.........

one guy on the 2nd last table was kinda wrecking my head, with his constant moaning, going on about how i was getting all the cards (which i wasnt really :P) and basically just upsetting everyone. Earlier on, Eshan got involved in a hand with Willie, and this guy piped up, making unneccerary comments, which was just a sign of what was to come. Ive never met anyone as unpleasant at a table before.
    Anyway, everytually, he found a spot to raise, his button, my bb, he min raised, i looked at T9 spades, decided i would call, flop comes T high, i check, and he pumps for his 12k all in. I tank it, just working out the odds, seeing how much i had left, seeing how comfortable he looked, the usual kind of thing any decent player would do, everytually i decide, he can have any ace, any pair, or air a lot, so i call, he has A4 and misses. Then, he loses the plot, going on about how could i take so long to call etc etc. Then he called me a w*nker and started causing a scene, it took him a while to leave. I think his name was Liam or something, anyway, not a nice chap.........

but, the game was fun, once we got into the FT that was forgotten about ,and it was a good battle, Ehsan was unlucky, 5 handed, he jammed his 37k on the SB with A6c, only for me to wake up with AA.

Barker?

never saw the dude before, table 3 seat 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Barker?

Liam Barker is a gentleman

• Registered Users Posts: 36,079 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

AKQJ10 wrote: »

QFT.

never saw the dude before, table 3 seat 9.
    AKQJ10 wrote: »

Liam Barker was in seat 9 when i moved to your table. He can be quite cantankerous at a poker table

I.ve seen him before, never saw him be so snipey though, dont know his name. Gholi (harmless) antics were part of what goes on at the table these days so i didnt give them a 2nd thought. There must have been history between them as I found the argument ott.. the comment should be WP gholi, bad play Willie, -> early bath.

Anyone playin the 50 FO in the SE later?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,998 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I.ve seen him before, never saw him be so snipey though, dont know his name. Gholi (harmless) antics were part of what goes on at the table these days so i didnt give them a 2nd thought. There must have been history between them as I found the argument ott.. the comment should be WP gholi, bad play Willie, -> early bath.
    What did Gholi do to set him off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Is this dude youngish greasy gelled hair bad skin part of a father/son combo?

If its the same first time I played him he said he was gona dance on my head when he got me outside.A real class act.Ive since played him a lot and hes not so bad.

jbravado wrote: »
    Is this dude youngish greasy gelled hair bad skin part of a father/son combo?

If its the same first time I played him he said he was gona dance on my head when he got me outside.A real class act.Ive since played him a lot and hes not so bad.

your thinking of dean...

have u left ireland yet?

Mellor wrote: »
    What did Gholi do to set him off

Nothing, I would have thought. (normally) He was just coaxing me a little whilst i was on a decision. i didnt even notice it until yer man got annoyed. That kind of stuff is harmless so i was very suprised when it got handbaggy. It was nothing, it was only later I believe the guy lost it with Rob. Poker is becoming more testy these days. :D

ok, just done some research, and this dude is in fact Liam Barker.

early on, gholi made a bet into willie, and as willie thought ,gholi pushed his cards towards to line...........seeing this, Liam, who wasnt in the hand, went off saying thats not on, and basically called gholi a dick for doing this, everyone else at the table just looked at each other, bemused.

After this, he constantly, bikered, whined, and never STFU all night long.
    He barrated me almost every move i made, and at the break, when i was in fact short stacked, he said, how the **** did i not have a huge lead, with all the "cards" i was allegedly getting, and that if we all had even cards, none of the rest of us would have a chance.

then, when i knocked him out, he went ballistic, calling me a wanker in front of half the club, throwing his arms around, and acting like a spoilt child of the highest order.

as far i could tell, he wasnt in fact drunk, ive no idea why he was in such bad form, but he certainly did his best to belittle most of the table, and ruin the atmosphere for the night.

now, im not one to cause trouble at a table, i just tried to ignore him, and did til his final tirade.

also, ive never seen or heard of this dude before. i see he has some results, kinda surprised me to be honest.

anyway, last i will say on the subject, just think people have a right to know when someone acts like this in one of our clubs, after all , we all go there to have a sociable and fun time.

Do you mean Liam Barker or Liam Barber?

sorry, changed it, typo on my part.

barker? lol, well named so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Sadly theres no accounting for peoples ignorance.

Anyway, more importantly, well played Rob, nice result.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

Final table of the 500 game in the Fitz last December. We are playing 7 handed and 6 are getting paid, 1st getting €12,500. Everyone seemed to be in good humour and Mick Frisby who was shortstacked at the time asked could we take 500 off the top for 7th. Most of us were happy to do this as we had been playing for 2 days. Barker says "No, I'm not doing any f***in deals" A few people were surprised by the ignorance shown by this statement. Mick Frisby then joked, " Ah sure c'mon its Christmas".

Barker's response - "**** Christmas"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

Advertisement