Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gift suggestions for parents

• 02-06-2014 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I'm trying to think of a good gift for my parents (in the region of 500 euro, maybe more if worth it).
    But I can't think of anything other than a weekend in a plush hotel.
    (Any good suggestions for hotels?).

The thing is they don't do a whole heap and I know my mother wouldn't want anything crazy.
    She's the kind who might even return it if she could (slight exaggeration).
    But I'd like to sort this before father's day if possible.
    Any ideas.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

A plush hotel is a lovely treat but if they don't like to do a whole lot then how about something for the house? Might be a bit boring but would go to better use. Is there anything that is a bit past it that would make life easier for them if it were replaced? Cooker? Dishwasher? bed? Shower? Something might need re-tiling? Garden furniture? Work on the garden? Painting? Car service? New tyres?

Or you could always send them off to a not so plush hotel and get a few bits done on their house that need doing?

Just a thought anyway!

If they like their food a weekend in the Cliff House Hotel in Ardmore would be amazing. Or if they like to be pampered Monart in Wexford.

Advertisement