Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NHl: Where to watch in dublin?

Options
  • 10-01-2009 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Does anybody know where I can watch NHL games in Dublin? Desperate to watch the playoffs here...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭hoser expat

Well, the playoffs don't start for months so you have some time to find somewhere. But I would think the main problem of watching in a pub would be the time difference of a minimum of 5 hours up to 8 hours for west coast.

I know many games are shown on the NASN channel which many pubs have.

Setanta Ireland also has a highlight show on every Monday morning at about 7am.

But, if you do find somewhere that shows the games regularly please pot it here as I miss hockey incredibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭hoser expat

oh yeah, the website www.cbc.ca has video highlights on their sports pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Aemelica wrote: »
    Does anybody know where I can watch NHL games in Dublin? Desperate to watch the playoffs here...

I am a native Chicagoan who was in the same situation when I moved over here a few years ago. Call your cable provider and ask about the NASN/Setanta package.

You'll get games every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

oh yeah, the website www.cbc.ca has video highlights on their sports pages.

If you go to the NHL.com website you can access team sites that have highlights. I personally like: flames.nhl.com

Howsabout your mule can you access highlights at blackhawks.nhl.com?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Spaceman Spiff

If the NASN/Setanta option isn't feasible, you could try espn360. A friend of mine used it when he was on a transfer. Nowhere near as good as TV, but it was better than nothing. I believe you can buy Playoff passes for it.

https://europe.espn360.com/help.aspx?help=NHL%20Center%20Ice%20FAQ

That said do everything you can to see them on TV, hockey isn't meant to be watched on choppy broadband.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 beradical

espn360 quality is aweful. horrible customer service (tried contacting them at the time said were open to no luck). and they're viewer is made for PC only.
    but its better than nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

canadiens.nhl.com best hockey site on the planet :-P

canadiens.nhl.com best hockey site on the planet :-P

It's a shame that they have completely packed it in as a team though, and now they are being linked to organised crime in Montreal. There is a very good chance that they can miss the playoffs this season, if the slide continues.

They are definitely making their 100th anniversary memorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

i agree.. i'm not a happy hockey fan right now... 3 wins in 15 games is not how a team should be.. but hopefully they can pull themselves together for the last stretch of regular season.. but i don't think they're anywhere even close to stanley cup material this season..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I just bought Bruins Round 1 Game 2 tickets there :D

Anybody know what date its more than likely on?

Most places are saying 16th of April, but I've seen 17th, and 18th.

Hopefully it wont be Saturday the 18th cos i also have Red Sox tickets for that night, if its on a Saturday will it be a 1pm game? or a night game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 elprez

If you are subscribed to upc you can get the playoffs on espn america, I lost interest after the caps were knocked out but caost €15 for the cahnnel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 marcjacobs

i agree.. i'm not a happy hockey fan right now... 3 wins in 15 games is not how a team should be.. but hopefully they can pull themselves together for the last stretch of regular season.. but i don't think they're anywhere even close to stanley cup material this season..

I didn't know there was another Montreal fan here!

WE JUST WON LAST NIGHT VS PITTSBURGH.

2 more teams to go and the cup is ours !

:D GO HABS GO

marcjacobs wrote: »
    I didn't know there was another Montreal fan here!

WE JUST WON LAST NIGHT VS PITTSBURGH.

2 more teams to go and the cup is ours !

:D GO HABS GO

You do realise that you commented on a thread (with information) that is a year old ? lol

Habs have been impressive (this post season lol).

I know, I know.

Was just another occasion to share my excitement with pretty much anyone. :D

Always welcome around here....but won't be if we meet in the Stanley Cup Finals ;) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Hippo

As a disappointed Pens fan, can't believe they lost from such a good position earlier in the series. Sid especially seems to have come up some way short this time.

Hippo wrote: »
    As a disappointed Pens fan, can't believe they lost from such a good position earlier in the series. Sid especially seems to have come up some way short this time.

Ovechkin and Crosby disappeared in their two series against Montreal.

Looking forwarf to seeing who they play in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Theyre playing Flyers next!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

These late nights staying up to watch the Habs are killing me. Hope we bounce back tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Rookey

Hey just thought I'd drop by and tell you all that break for the boarder will show the NHL games live if early enough or the repeats once there's no other big match on. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Rookey wrote: »
    Hey just thought I'd drop by and tell you all that break for the boarder will show the NHL games live if early enough or the repeats once there's no other big match on. :D

Will they be showing the Habs-Flyers on Saturday? think it's on 8pm our time

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Rookey

They have load of TVs around in the bar so just ask them and they'll turn it on if there's no football or Rugby on. I gave them a ring for the pittsburgh Montreal game a few weeks ago that was on Sat at I think 8 and they said they'd turn it on. Give them a ring before hand to check as it's a Sat night

Advertisement