Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

6 months waiting period.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Downey Penguin

Found the Motor Tax office.. Its very close so I can go there the afternoon of the Theory test (assuming that is I pass!!)

Just a couple of questions on the requirements I'd need to bring with me - Just to ensure there are no hold ups.. Passport and pics are no problem.

1. I'd need the Driver Theory Test Certificate I assume (although it is not included on the checklist at citizen information site). Will they issue me with one at Theory Test centre that morning?

2. I have downloaded the eyesight form and it says I can have that filled in up to a month prior to the permit issued - so I can get that done in advance.

3. I'm applying for a car licence so I don't need the medical report?

Is there anything else you can think of that will help ensure I can go straight to the tax office... ??

Except of course - studying this theory test material like a military operation to ensure I don't fail!!! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

1. I'd need the Driver Theory Test Certificate I assume (although it is not included on the checklist at citizen information site). Will they issue me with one at Theory Test centre that morning?

Yes, assuming you pass you get the Theory Test Cert immediately!
    2. I have downloaded the eyesight form and it says I can have that filled in up to a month prior to the permit issued - so I can get that done in advance.

Yes, you can do that in advance. When booking the eye test ensure to tell them its just for a driving licence as you dont necessarily want a 'full' eyetest which is more expensive.
    3. I'm applying for a car licence so I don't need the medical report?

Correct, no need for medical for Cat B Car Licence.
    Is there anything else you can think of that will help ensure I can go straight to the tax office... ??

some form of payment :)

Best of luck with it!!

Thanks again for your help - You've definately earned your good dead for the day :)

WxfrdJay - Sorry for highjacking your thread..

**Goes off to read Theory Test Book and Rules of the Road for the 4th time!!**

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

WxfrdJay wrote: »
    I shouln't have said anything about driving for 10 years. Let's just assume, I have never had a provisional license or learner's permit, I know how to drive, and am confident that I would have no difficulty passing the test after having a couple of more lessons.

The reason why I need one now is because I have changed careers and it is a requirement for a role I am pursuing. And for those who don't/don't want to believe that someone could drive in Ireland without a license for 10 years, don't have to believe it.

Now, with all those questions answered, any more advice would be appreciated, though from the sounds of things I'm gonna have to wait 6 fr the pink :(

Your going to have to wait 6 months.

Unless, I don't suppose anybody is aware of the system for how the RSA actually checks and enforces this rule? I'm assuming they have access to the license database and history of each driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,948 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

how the RSA actually checks and enforces this rule?
    It's a highly sophisticated, top secret system! :D

As donegalfella has said, when you are called from the waiting room, the first thing the examiner asks is to see your Learner Permit/Provisional Licence.

Thank you... Thank you... Thank you...

Sat theory test yesterday. Learnt the CD religiously and got 40 outta 40. Already had the eye cert and docs. Went down to the motor tax office and begged shamelessly to the man at the counter. I'm now sat with my Learner Permit infront of me dated 4/03/09. Plenty of scope to pass a test before 15/09/09.

I just want to say thank you for the advice. Without it, I would not have even considered attempting to get this Permit in time.

For someone who is 28 years old, and everybody she knows has already passed their driving test 10 or 15 years ago - the information and advice that you, and others like you, provide is invaluable.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Burtchaell

Hahahaha fairly hilarious thread...

Well done btw.:)

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane190

Thank you... Thank you... Thank you...

Sat theory test yesterday. Learnt the CD religiously and got 40 outta 40. Already had the eye cert and docs. Went down to the motor tax office and begged shamelessly to the man at the counter. I'm now sat with my Learner Permit infront of me dated 4/03/09. Plenty of scope to pass a test before 15/09/09.

I just want to say thank you for the advice. Without it, I would not have even considered attempting to get this Permit in time.

For someone who is 28 years old, and everybody she knows has already passed their driving test 10 or 15 years ago - the information and advice that you, and others like you, provide is invaluable.

Thanks again.

I also done my theroy test on the 3rd of march in the dundalk centre:D:D
    I sent my application on the 5th so hopefully i will have the permit soon.;)

Well done on your result by the way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

WxfrdJay wrote: »
    I just got my Learner's Permit, (Provisional License)

I know how to drive well, I have been driving for 10 years

I'm sure there is a logical explanation?!?

Advertisement