Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Thanks Hugo. I don't mind too much really. I know the structure will be useful and hopefully will help me get out of the rut I've gotten myself into.

I'm glad to hear that you're somewhat positive about it and its expected outcome. :)

As always, we'll all be here for you in the meantime and during.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Thanks. I'm always here for a chat also.

How are you doing today?

Thanks. I'm always here for a chat also.

How are you doing today?

Appreciated EI, thank you. :)

Not the worst here thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

folamh wrote: »
    What was your job, and would it be impossible to negotiate a work-from-home arrangement?

Worked in a hospital so its not a job i can do from home unfortunatley.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

Sorry to hear that. Best wishes.

• Advertisement

mg1982 - best of luck with the job search :)

Back to the day hospital for another stint.

Hope its a help to you EI. Was it your doc that recomended or something you decided yourself.

Doctor recommended it. But I was expecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭the block

anyone here ever takin these.i was prescribed these for anxiety and stress and back pain.took my firs few earlier and feel like new man.i believ they are also good for insomnia.it tink its a winner all round.has anybody had bad reactions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Decided to start on 5mg of Lexapro yesterday, yawning a lot and a pretty tired, bizarre dreams last night but not uncommon, a big fear of course has been the whole decrease and often the killing of libido. Stats say it happens to 3%-7% but from the reading and a few accounts I've heard it comes across as being a far more common symptom. Would be interested in others experiences :)

guitarzero wrote: »
    Decided to start on 5mg of Lexapro yesterday, yawning a lot and a pretty tired, bizarre dreams last night but not uncommon, a big fear of course has been the whole decrease and often the killing of libido. Stats say it happens to 3%-7% but from the reading and a few accounts I've heard it comes across as being a far more common symptom. Would be interested in others experiences :)
    hav u tried lyrica

• Advertisement

the block wrote: »
    anyone here ever takin these.i was prescribed these for anxiety and stress and back pain.took my firs few earlier and feel like new man.i believ they are also good for insomnia.it tink its a winner all round.has anybody had bad reactions

Took it for a year or so and was on 300mg. It was actually quite a good med and is one i might go back to. Definitely helps with anxiety, never had a panic attack on lyrica.

mg1982 wrote: »
    Took it for a year or so and was on 300mg. It was actually quite a good med and is one i might go back to. Definitely helps with anxiety, never had a panic attack on lyrica.

thats gud to hear.i hav a months supply of 200 milligram capsules.c how it goes sure.i hav heard good tings about it and some not so good.i suppose u wont no till ye go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Lyrica has run it's course for me & at this stage I want to cut it out but no matter what med I come off and how slowly/safely I get terrible withdrawal symptoms.

On a high dose of seroquel atm but it's working for me so overall I can't complain.

Lyrica has run it's course for me & at this stage I want to cut it out but no matter what med I come off and how slowly/safely I get terrible withdrawal symptoms.

On a high dose of seroquel atm but it's working for me so overall I can't complain.

jus out of curiosity any idea how much these will cost.iv no medical card.expensive id imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mocha please!

mg1982 - best of luck with the job search :)

Back to the day hospital for another stint.

Which hospital?

I'm being admitted to St Patricks hospital on Sunday and I'm absolutely terrified. :( I don't know what to expect. I was just told to be there at 11am. I don't know how long I'll be there, I don't know what to bring, I don't know what I'm not allowed to bring!

hav u tried lyrica

No. Ever tried Lexapro?

No. Ever tried Lexapro?

no iv never even heard of it.il google it now.i was xanax for a bit which was great but d doc took me off it and prescribed lyrica instead

no iv never even heard of it.il google it now.i was xanax for a bit which was great but d doc took me off it and prescribed lyrica instead

Lexapro is the antidepressant of the day, how you have gone this far as someone with anxiety without hearing of this drug is very impressive :)

Lexapro is the antidepressant of the day, how you have gone this far as someone with anxiety without hearing of this drug is very impressive :)

no the never mentioned atall.that will b nxt script if d lyrica doesnt do its job.tanks for d info

Thats one complaint i have with lyrica is the withdrawals, there pretty hard to deal with. I was lucky in that i came off lyrica and went on mirtazapine so it wasnt too bad.

• Advertisement

Thats one complaint i have with lyrica is the withdrawals, there pretty hard to deal with. I was lucky in that i came off lyrica and went on mirtazapine so it wasnt too bad.
    really is that bad.i mite try swap it for some xanax so.i dont want do anything im going to regret

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

really is that bad.i mite try swap it for some xanax so.i dont want do anything im going to regret

xanax is addictive and they only prescribe it for the short term. same with rivotril. you also start needing higher and higher doses to achieve the same effect

Roquentin wrote: »
    xanax is addictive and they only prescribe it for the short term. same with rivotril. you also start needing higher and higher doses to achieve the same effect

ye i suppose.ah sure il c how it goes

jus out of curiosity any idea how much these will cost.iv no medical card.expensive id imagine

I'm not sure how much Lyrica costs, but you can get the generic form (Pregabalin) which should be a good bit cheaper. Generic drugs have the exact same active ingredients as the brand name so they should work the same. I have a medical card so you automatically get given the generic version of everything, and any time I ever have to get tablets (paracetemol, ibuprofen etc) I always go for generic over brand name. Have a chat with the pharmacist about it also if you aren't sure.
    Which hospital?

I'm being admitted to St Patricks hospital on Sunday and I'm absolutely terrified. :( I don't know what to expect. I was just told to be there at 11am. I don't know how long I'll be there, I don't know what to bring, I don't know what I'm not allowed to bring!

It's the HSE mental health day hospital in my local area.

Going into hospital is definitely scary, but you will be okay. I'm not sure what St Patrick's is like (I've just been in public psych units), but I'm sure if you ring tomorrow they could have a chat with you about what to expect when you go in. From my experience, you can bring most things anyone would bring to hospital with them. Obviously no razors etc. We weren't allowed our laptop chargers/phone chargers on the ward (they could be charged in the nurses office). Bring a few books with you too. There will probably be lots of different activities on during the day so do try take part in them if you can - it really helps to pass the time. Best of luck. I know it's a tough thing to do, but hopefully it will be good for you.

I'm on Lyrica, have been for a while. I've found that since being on it, my concentration and comprehension haven't been great. Generally, the issue of depression and anxiety while on it has not really improved at all. I seem to have gained a tolerance to it too, resulting in increasing dosage.

I'm on Lyrica, have been for a while. I've found that since being on it, my concentration and comprehension haven't been great. Generally, the issue of depression and anxiety while on it has not really improved at all. I seem to have gained a tolerance to it too, resulting in increasing dosage.

Did you find yourself putting on weight with it too, i know it can be known for weight gain as well. But then nearly every med has that effect.

Did you find yourself putting on weight with it too, i know it can be known for weight gain as well. But then nearly every med has that effect.

I was an ample gentleman anyway before going on it lol :o

I was an ample gentleman anyway before going on it lol :o

Im no lightweight myself. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

do they put you on tablets if you go into hospital?

• Advertisement

Gongoozler wrote: »
    do they put you on tablets if you go into hospital?

depends what your in for

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement