Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭Homer

Not copying HDMI but got an opportunity to pick this up yesterday and couldn't resist.. Seiko SARB065 Cocktail Time and it's stunning in the flesh. Beautiful gullioche dial that catches the light and fantastic display back to view the stunning automatic movement made in house by Seiko.

SARB065-2.jpg

SARB065-4.jpg

SARB065-3.jpg

SARB065-5.jpg

SARB065-9.jpg

SARB065-7.jpg

SARB065-8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Awesome catch buddy.

I finally got to wear mine today because I found the Seiko strap stiff. I ordered a night blue croc from Bob straps to try match the blue second hand.

IMG_4233_zps3b15b630.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Lads, lovely watches :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Just took delivery of my new Casio G-Shock GA-150-1AER with Black Resin strap. It's the biggest watch I now own at 51mm x 17mm, and its taking a little getting used to....but saying that, I really like it a lot. Ticks all of my boxes and I think it looks really rugged. Not really a watch to wear with long sleeves but this is my holiday watch so T-Shirts it is.

Sorry if there's problems with the pics, not really used to uploading photos but here goes (Mods, if the pics are too big etc can you remove them? Thx)

null-1.jpg

null-2.jpg

DC

anybody here got a Torgoen T16101 or T16301 so I could see some wrist shots? I think I've finally settled on a chronograph and I've decided to stretch my budget a little to get something worth while and the T16101 with the uerethane strap could be it

My only concern is the size...I've a 6.75" wrist and feel it may be slightly too big but if the L2L size works I might just take the chance

I could be passing thro Switzerland in the next couple of months so if I could find a dealer there to try one on

Otherwise I wait until next London visit and get to the one in Victoria

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Is it 45MM? They wear quite big. This is my old one, it was the T16302.

7493934016_b078bcd648_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Jesus Eoin,

That looks like a monster.

Does the bezel not dig into your hand?

Is it comfortable to wear?

TBL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Genuine gator straps would really finish off those beautiful seikos!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Jesus Eoin,

That looks like a monster.

Does the bezel not dig into your hand?

Is it comfortable to wear?

TBL

It was very light, and the strap was very comfy. No parts really digging in, the crown is shrouded(?) so no problems there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

I mentioned on another thread that I received an Orient watch today, it's my first Orient!

Bought this from Creation watches for 84 euros and stung for 11 at customs so overall cost to me was 95 - it easily feels greater value than that.

The strap is standard enough fare, hollow linked but finished well enough, Deployment clasp feels a little too light weight mind but overall it serves the purpose well. However, I don't really like metal bracelets so swapped it about ten minutes after putting it on my wrist!

Apart from the multi-year calendar - which truly works by the way - the watch also has a slide rule around the bezel which means I can calculate extravagant sums on the go (like how many watches costing 95 euros can fit into my weekly pay cheque perhaps???)

Screw down back and screw in crown, the watch itself has a lovely heft - very happy with it:

On arrival ...
    2rzwbw3.jpg

Strap (which has a nice Orient logo on the clasp by the way)
    15yx0lu.jpg

Better full face hshot
    2j5knys.jpg

The new strap - a rubber with metal pivot thing I got from the watch band centre
    mvrgk7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭jh79

I got the above with a blue face for the same price incl customs. Creation were great to deal with. One criticism I have with them is that the pictures of some of the watches don't do them any justice. Wasn't going to buy it at first until I looked it up on youtube.

I've wanted a vintage watch for a while, but smaller watches just don't suit me. But as square style watches wear that little bit bigger, I started looking for something that might suit - and this Omega Seamaster Mariner found its way to me.

It's got a good few marks from wear, but otherwise in good shape. The previous owner said it's running at about +4 secs per day, but with a service it will improve. The second hand lines up closer with the markers than any of my other quartzes.

The 20mm bracelet is tapered and becomes quite narrow, so I'm tempted to switch to a mesh bracelet instead, or maybe a leather rally strap.

9238867432_0639d6755e_z.jpg

9238852906_cbb5391a91_z.jpg

9238851640_cdb270b574_z.jpg

9238850486_0ca09c7d67.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭flutered

eoin, i believe that as an experement a mariner was attached to the outside of the hull of a ship on its way to the artic, when checked on its return it had kept perfect time, these have all but dissapeared, so keep it as it is a rare piece of horological history.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,962 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Removed for the shame :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Eoin wrote: »
    I've wanted a vintage watch for a while, but smaller watches just don't suit me. But as square style watches wear that little bit bigger, I started looking for something that might suit - and this Omega Seamaster Mariner found its way to me.

It's got a good few marks from wear, but otherwise in good shape. The previous owner said it's running at about +4 secs per day, but with a service it will improve. The second hand lines up closer with the markers than any of my other quartzes.

The 20mm bracelet is tapered and becomes quite narrow, so I'm tempted to switch to a mesh bracelet instead, or maybe a leather rally strap.

Lovely...Where did you buy it?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

Eoin wrote: »

I tried on one of these, on a mesh, at a TZ-UK GTG about 18 months ago and was surprisingly underwhelmed. I can't satisfactorily explain it but the two didn't really sit together well and it made the watch look like it was sitting extra proud from the wrist (arguably a feature of this watch on any strap, possibly).

I have a 20mm mesh with a Sinn clasp I'd be happy to lend you if you want to give it a go - it's fitted for a 6.5" wrist though and there isn't any adjustment in the clasp.

Lovely...Where did you buy it?

I bought it from the tz-uk forums. That place is doing my wallet no favours. I've got a nice mesh bracelet on the way too.

Edit:
    I tried on one of these, on a mesh, at a TZ-UK GTG about 18 months ago and was surprisingly underwhelmed. I can't satisfactorily explain it but the two didn't really sit together well and it made the watch look like it was sitting extra proud from the wrist (arguably a feature of this watch on any strap, possibly).

I have a 20mm mesh with a Sinn clasp I'd be happy to lend you if you want to give it a go - it's fitted for a 6.5" wrist though and there isn't any adjustment in the clasp.

I posted before I read your other post. I didn't pay much for the bracelet, so if worst comes to worst, it's not too much of a waste. Thanks for the offer of trying your strap - this watch has 19mm lugs though, which makes things awkward.

If I don't like the mesh, I might for for an alligator style leather one or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

No worries; I suspect a 20mm mesh will squeeze onto 19mm lugs and, thanks to Rolex and the Oyster case, there's plenty of 19mm leather/alligator available.

Not a watch, but one of my 2 mechanical, pendulum wound cuckoo clocks.

This is the baby of the 2 and came from the Black Forest area of Germany in 1999.

Must take the back off it some time and take some pics of the inner workings if anyones interested

IMG00995-20130713-0906.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I've been admiring some of the class watches here so I thought I would post a few pics of my humble collection

Seiko Snn079
    IMG_5696_zps6ab0f04b.jpg

Tag Heuer indy 500
    IMG_5687_zps9688c428.jpg

Seiko Sna225 "Daytona"
    IMG_5681_zps895ff627.jpg

Seiko sna413
    IMG_5679_zps79da89b0.jpg

Seiko ??? 7T62 movement
    IMG_5704_zps7d67f72a.png

Seiko Snzf47

IMG_5699_zps43bd534c.png

Sorry about the bad photos!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

my brothers (but i paid for it, so close enough)
    32628_10151770590950329_344197810_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28 henryhenry1

Rolex Daytona 1998 'el primero' on a tan NATO and original two tone band
    Bi metal Rolex Datejust 2003
    1978 Rolex Datejust diamond dial
    1999 Omega Speedmaster

Rolex Daytona 1998 'el primero' on a tan NATO and original two tone band
    Bi metal Rolex Datejust 2003
    1978 Rolex Datejust diamond dial
    1999 Omega Speedmaster

Omega fab Suisse 18ct pre 1960

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I didn't know that there was a Speedmaster annual calendar with a 24 hour function. That's a couple of complications beyond the standard Speedy.

Marcusm wrote: »
    I didn't know that there was a Speedmaster annual calendar with a 24 hour function. That's a couple of complications beyond the standard Speedy.

It's the 3520.50 model, don't think they make them anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭blindsider

:D There's a parcel waiting for me at home!

Seiko SNK803K2 (or, in English, the beige Seiko 5)

€55 delivered from the bay.......mmmmmm!:D

blindsider wrote: »
    :D There's a parcel waiting for me at home!

Seiko SNK803K2 (or, in English, the beige Seiko 5)

€55 delivered from the bay.......mmmmmm!:D

great price...havent wore mine in a while...
    My wife and son have taken a bit of a liking to it and it is a small watch
    Let me know what you think of it

Bought my brother in law the black one for his 30th and he loves it

I'm not allowed to wear it until tomorrow - but I've obviously tried it on etc. It's very neat - I don't have big wrists (6.75 inches I think) so a 45mm is never going to suit me.

The face is clear and easy to read, and I do like the distinctiveness of the strap and face colour - esp. in this weather.

The display back is a nice touch and the rotor is interesting. I haven't owned an auto-movement watch in nearly 30 years!

So I reckon it'll gete lots of wrist-time over the next few weeks - I'll try to get some pics up in about a week. (I'll be away for a bit.)

Then I can start planning for my next 2 pieces: Seiko SKX013 - just because it's slightly smaller than the 007, and a Stowa Marine just like one of these: http://www.stowa.de/Marine+Datum,i6.htm

Sure, planning is at least half the fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Get your stowa order in soon , the delivery time is a nightmare . I ordered an Antea KS manual wind and I won't get it till February ..

• Advertisement

It'll be a while before my Stowa order goes in unfortunately....it's not the month I'm worried about, it's the year! LOL!

Still...

"That which we achieve too lightly, we value too cheaply."
    (Thomas Payne)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement