Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

New arrival today ...the "Ocean" has found its "Navigator" :D

250642.JPG

Poljot "Sturmanskie" (= Navigator), the airforce variant of the marine "OKEAH". As you can see, it arrived on a leather nato strap. Now I hate them things, but in leather they are particularly loathsome.

The Okeah originally came on a brown Poljot strap that didn't really suit it ...well guess who has it now :D

250645.JPG

Here's the WTYPMAHCKNE up close and personal

250643.JPG

Other than its blue sister, this one is actually perfectly usable as a time measuring instrument as legibility is exemplary.

It's used and has a pretty impressive battle scar

250644.JPG

Doesn't really matter though because - it was mentioned in the description and - this watch is also about the "inner values" ...it comes with the relatively rare caliber variant 31659 which also has a stop second function when you pull the crown :cool:

Here's the double wrist shot :D

250646.JPG

Like with the Okeah, I was also pretty lucky with this one ...it cost about the same as two new Vostok Amphibias :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭Homer

New arrival Hamilton W10. Military issue from 1973 with Cal. 649 movement. In surprisingly good condition and keeping good time so far.

10A5E52B2CFD443494A6D1167FDA5DF1-0000341658-0003227506-00640L-0CA7F09C429E45479DD09A0A085B3005.jpg

BFA21437669E458C88B9E68A9431C392-0000341658-0003227505-00640L-AD93356ECAF84449A7CF46171DA69A24.jpg

F3F1203E182E4DDBA6A803E980F4F88A-0000341658-0003227504-00640L-227F2D9C99A645C0A13A8EB4FF494D06.jpg

66D1A9585EF44C09BF35491785046F6F-0000341658-0003227502-00640L-1346ECC5982E4A4FBC62B386FF0317E2.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Niiice. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

YilbFLg.jpg

Sorry for the poor image quality. I'm not good with camera's :pac:

I'm afraid to touch it! :o

Also thanks to you guys on here, and CALCUL needs a special mention I guess. H.M Samuel in Waterford needs a mention too because they served me really well and went out of their way to get it and gave it to me at a reasonable price (€250). Every other jewellers I went to were all "eehhh, well we wouldn't really want to order it in for you unless you're sure you're going to buy it". Their loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Well wear seven_eleven. It looks like a watch 4 times its cost!

I would take care of that leather, don't get it wet or wear it abroad in sweaty climates. I imagine will cost you a good proportion of the watches cost to replace.

Superb piece.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Seiko SNK803 arrived this weekend

wwET9sRl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭hairypigeon

Bought this on Saturday from iggy on here.

I sold a black monster early this year cos it want floating my boat. I can't believe the difference the better bracelet and cleaner face makes to the watch

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

SKA505P1_1P.jpg

Seiko Kinetic SKA505P1. Roughly €95 shipped from eBay. Silly eBay with it's temptingly cheap watches. I don't even really like the look of it all that much but it was a VERY late night impulse purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

I finally joined the mechanical watch club :) After a good look around I kept coming back to this...delivered this week:

GMN4ZY5l.jpg?1

2XonycYl.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Suits you very well. I hope it fulfills all your expectations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Looking at the post count, I really hope the next post is something WW2 related :D

A new addition to the pack!
    Actually I am a little bit disappointed with the lack of a backlight or stronger luminescence.

P1020106Copy_zpsda71e1af.jpg
    P1020107Copy_zpsa00f922d.jpg
    P1020110Copy_zps4364a037.jpg
    P1020109Copy_zps67d36595.jpg
    P1020108Copy_zps2e9840ea.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Nolimits wrote: »
    Looking at the post count, I really hope the next post is something WW2 related :D

Fail :(

Fluffed clearly didn't read the memo :)

Apologies.. Don't fret, the Korean War is about to begin!

fluffer wrote: »
    Apologies.. Don't fret, the Korean War is about to begin!

Apologies also for calling you Fluffed ISO Fluffer, predictive technology and all that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,670 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Just did a deal on this :D, spent the past half hour destickering

IMAG0016_zps5ff23458.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

fluffer wrote: »
    A new addition to the pack!
    Actually I am a little bit disappointed with the lack of a backlight or stronger luminescence.

Whats the dig thing on the end

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Swatch Touch Olive

Actually I don't really like it. It is very light and slim on the wrist and doesn't look too shabby with khaki clothes, but it is ridiculously difficult to use.
    The touch concept is most certainly a fad, and the screen takes a few seconds to read.
    I only bought it because my Tag's crown came off whilst I was on a business trip and I desperately needed a watch. The only store I could find was a Swatch store, and it seemed like the best one.

I'll probably sell it. I see few situations in which it would be my timepiece of choice.

253795.jpg

This arrived about 20 minutes ago. I don't know if it's a keeper though. Like the last Seiko I bought it on a whim and looking at it now it's not terribly interesting. Technically it's great but it has a slight whiff of boring about it.

What do you guys think? Keep or sell on for the price I bought it which was about €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭fishguy

I think you are right. It's a tad bit boring. I think if the dial had no numbers just indexes it would be better. I would not be worried about selling it I think it will sell fast for that price.

fg

• Advertisement

I like it to be honest. I'm big into numbers on chapters and bezels. Hence why I have a semi for the Sinn X57 series.

You have any trouble selling it let me know KH, I might be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭fishguy

There you go I told you that you have no issues selling it. N1 sparrowcar the watch it self is great for that price and if you like the 3-6-9-12 dials this might be a great deal for you.

fg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/3379/253795.jpg

This arrived about 20 minutes ago. I don't know if it's a keeper though. Like the last Seiko I bought it on a whim and looking at it now it's not terribly interesting. Technically it's great but it has a slight whiff of boring about it.

What do you guys think? Keep or sell on for the price I bought it which was about €100.

I like it - I'd say more understated than boring.

sparrowcar wrote: »
    I like it to be honest. I'm big into numbers on chapters and bezels. Hence why I have a semi for the Sinn X57 series.

You have any trouble selling it let me know KH, I might be interested.

Rightyo, looking at it more it just isn't quite my cup of tea so you're more than welcome to it if you would still like it.

Do you want to send me a pm sir?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

Citizen 150m diver 62-6128 with original bracelet.

62-6128.jpg

Rightyo, looking at it more it just isn't quite my cup of tea so you're more than welcome to it if you would still like it.

Shhhh...quiet now..I can't let Mitch Bucannon or Homer see this...they might tell my missus :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭Homer

I'm just trying to decide how many pints you'll have to get to buy my silence ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Charlie 22

Just looking to buy a kinetic quite similar to this :(

Let me know if the other offer falls through!
    Also do you mind me asking where did you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fatbiker

253795.jpg

Jeez! You guys don't exactly bid it up now, do you? Seriously, I am interested but my recent cheapie hasn't even arrived yet...hmmm..just bid on another very cheap Seiko(no chance of winning tho')...aargh! Decisions decisions!

• Advertisement

Charlie 22 wrote: »
    Just looking to buy a kinetic quite similar to this :(

Let me know if the other offer falls through!
    Also do you mind me asking where did you get it?

The other offer did indeed fall through so I have it up on Adverts. I bought it on eBay from a well established seller in Singapore.
    Fatbiker wrote: »
    Jeez! You guys don't exactly bid it up now, do you? Seriously, I am interested but my recent cheapie hasn't even arrived yet...hmmm..just bid on another very cheap Seiko(no chance of winning tho')...aargh! Decisions decisions!

It might be the lack of sleep but you've lost me a little.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement