Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Meteor €20 deal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Dear BionicRasher,
    Can you please switch to 48, pay me €20 and for the "hassle" I'll top you up each month keeping a tenner for my trouble.

This is not a bargain. It is for you, but you are willing to pay €10 extra a month to avoid all of the 2 minutes it takes to top up online with other providers. In suggesting this as a bargain it would be like recommending a restaurant where you pay twice the price because the food comes already chewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

This is not a bargain. It is for you, but you are willing to pay €10 extra a month to avoid all of the 2 minutes it takes to top up online with other providers. In suggesting this as a bargain it would be like recommending a restaurant where you pay twice the price because the food comes already chewed.

It's nonsense is what it is. But he's gone too far and I doubt he'll admit to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Mezcita wrote: »
    This is not a deal. Which part of that are you having trouble understanding?

Two near identical products. One twice the price than the other. The "deal" part apparently being that you don't have to worry about topping up. Said "deal" apparently worth every cent of the €120 extra per year. Pull the other one.
    As you mentioned these are two 'near identical products'
    So therefore not the same
    So therefore I reiterate - This is a bargain for the type of product that it is.
    It is not the best value available but it is a better bargain than can be gotten from other operators offering the same options
    Its as easy as saying that last week I could get X for €25 now I can get X for €20 - if thats not a bargain alert then I dont know what is.
    Mezcita wrote: »
    You are trolling like a maniac here but please carry on.
    You have been at pains to point out by your constant posts that there is a better offer available for another product which could be seen as trolling but lets not go there as I am sure you would agree it is pointless for me to troll on a post I created
    Dear BionicRasher,
    Can you please switch to 48, pay me €20 and for the "hassle" I'll top you up each month keeping a tenner for my trouble.

Its the best SIM only Bill Pay/Post paid offer on the market from what I can tell. I am sure you would agree that not every bargain suits everyone so lets leave it at that
    I dont go on to the Dominos bargain thread and say that I can get a better and cheaper product in my local pizzeria as they may be similar products but they are not for everyone and therefore its not really relevant.
    Paddy_R wrote: »
    It's nonsense is what it is. But he's gone too far and I doubt he'll admit to it now.
    Its not nonsense - Its the best SIM only Bill Pay/Post paid offer on the market. If you want to post a bargain alert about another type of product i.e. the offer from 48 then by all means post a new bargain to let people know

So just to reconfirm
    There is now a better bargain to be had by choosing the new(ish) €20 plan from Meteor. For people wishing to remain on direct debit bill pay you can now get 200 mins, unlimited texts and 1GB of data all for €20 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭VonLuck

I have to agree with Bionic here. I recently switched to the €20 Meteor deal. I was aware that 48 had a cheaper offer, but I wasn't bothered with the hassle of topping up every month.

I think it's the best value bill pay sim only plan about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

I pay 24 a month on a 30 day contract. I get unlimited calls and texts plus 5gig of 4G data. 4 euro more for a much much better deal than is been touted as a bargain in this thread.
    It's ridiculous....I'm out.
    SBTKh.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Mixupat

Vonluck - Who do you get this deal with?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

Think that's emobile.

bidiots wrote: »
    I pay 24 a month on a 30 day contract. I get unlimited calls and texts plus 5gig of 4G data. 4 euro more for a much much better deal than is been touted as a bargain in this thread.
    It's ridiculous....I'm out.

That's a good deal
    where do you get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Can't help but feel this has been missed so here goes

Unlimited data
    Unlimited Texts
    Unlimited calls to landlines and all networks at weekends
    Unlimited calls to Three

It's pre-pay on 3. But... I have it set up so that 3 tops me up automatically by €20 at the same time every month from my bank account. It's not a direct debit, there is no contract. I can cancel it or change it at any time in the future and it is zero "hassle."

In essence everything except calls made Mon-Fri are free. So the €20 credit is used when you make a call mid week. Last month I had €12 credit left when it topped me up again. This is by far the best deal out there right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Strange thread...
    OP doesnt want the hassle of having to top up but is quite happy to spend time and effort replying to posts on here suggesting better deal?

Crazy :D

Not slagging you off and I hope you find what you want..

its a crazy old world :D

• Advertisement

Vikings wrote: »

Unlimited data
    Unlimited Texts
    Unlimited calls to Three

It's pre-pay on 3. But... I have it set up so that 3 tops me up automatically by €20 at the same time every month from my bank account. It's not a direct debit, there is no contract. I can cancel it or change it at any time in the future and it is zero "hassle."

In essence everything except calls made Mon-Fri are free. So the €20 credit is used when you make a call mid week. Last month I had €12 credit left when it topped me up again. This is by far the best deal out there right now.

Nice deal - how do you set it up to have the €20 taken each month? Thats essentially like a direct debit but in a roundabout way and seems like a good idea
    sham69 wrote: »
    Strange thread...
    OP doesnt want the hassle of having to top up but is quite happy to spend time and effort replying to posts on here suggesting better deal?

Crazy :D

Not slagging you off and I hope you find what you want..

its a crazy old world :D

each to their own - what if I don't use online banking or don't trust giving my debit card details across the internet. My parents would fall in to that category and to be honest they would not be technically able to do a top up online

Tis a crazy old world after all and a lot of the craziness seems to be in online forums!!

I still find it amusing that of all the knockers not one has come back with a cheaper post pay/bill pay plan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Nice deal - how do you set it up to have the €20 taken each month? Thats essentially like a direct debit but in a roundabout way and seems like a good idea

each to their own - what if I don't use online banking or don't trust giving my debit card details across the internet. My parents would fall in to that category and to be honest they would not be technically able to do a top up online

Tis a crazy old world after all and a lot of the craziness seems to be in online forums!!

I still find it amusing that of all the knockers not one has come back with a cheaper post pay/bill pay plan

At this stage I don't think you would listen as you seem to have made up your mind.

Good luck again...

sham69 wrote: »
    At this stage I don't think you would listen as you seem to have made up your mind.

Good luck again...

And good luck to you - thanks for your help and input
    I have it set up so that 3 tops me up automatically by €20 at the same time every month from my bank account. It's not a direct debit, there is no contract. I can cancel it or change it at any time in the future and it is zero "hassle."

I am still interested in this and how it works as I can cancel my Meteor deal next month due to it being a 30 day contract
    Only issue is 3 coverage is not the best in my area but maybe its worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Put in debit card number and choose the date to top up each month. Set it up once and forget about it, but if something else came along you have the freedom to immediately cancel it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I think Tesco Mobile has far better deals then this:

€15 gets you:
    - Unlimited calls to any Irish mobile and landline (big deal, many other deals don't include landlines).
    - Unlimited Texts
    - 1GB of Data

or for €20 the same but with 5GB of Data.

Yes, it is Pay As You Go, but you can top up by simply sending a text (you could probably even automate the sending of the text *). Super easy and much better value for money IMO.

* https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=breum.android.smsScheduler

I was with Three for all of about two months before I dumped them. Awful coverage, even in Dublin City!! And I quickly found that I would blast through the €20 credit with week day calls.

Tesco Mobile has proven to be vastly superior for me. Works extremely well and I never spend more then €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭samsclub

im on payg 3 network.. i pay 20 pm .. but i need a new phone. im not that pushed on making calls . but what would be a good deal to switch over too . simply for the data and new phone ... and keep to say 30 pm.............

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Just be careful, I signed up for this offer over a year ago. It appears that it is a 30 euro package with a 10 euro discount which they removed after a year without telling me.

If you have signed up for this over a year ago check your bill tp make sure the discount is not taken off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Unlimited data
    Unlimited Texts
    Unlimited calls to Three

Im on the 3 Top up by €20 deal as well but the real kicker is that the €20 that is left over can be used on the Google play store so I get Google play Music (essentially another Spotify) for free and still have 10 quid left over for calls and what not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Im on the 3 Top up by €20 deal as well but the real kicker is that the €20 that is left over can be used on the Google play store so I get Google play Music (essentially another Spotify) for free and still have 10 quid left over for calls and what not.

Is this deal a limited time deal, or if I sign up will I have this deal for as long as I want does anyone know?

Sounds like great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I've been using it for at least 18 months now and I've seen no sign of it going away. As far as I know you just get a sim and top it up by€20 and you are good to go

• Advertisement

I've been using it for at least 18 months now and I've seen no sign of it going away. As far as I know you just get a sim and top it up by€20 and you are good to go

The google play credit offer is the real icing on the cake. I'll give them a ring in the morning about that, and if its a permanent offer ill be switching.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Just to clarify, I had a bill account 20 euro a month sim only that had a built in 10 euro discount that expired without warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Tinie wrote: »
    The google play credit offer is the real icing on the cake. I'll give them a ring in the morning about that, and if its a permanent offer ill be switching.

3 have been doing the €20 deal for a long time now. I can't see it going anywhere anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    3 have been doing the €20 deal for a long time now. I can't see it going anywhere anytime soon.

Moving next week

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Moving next week

Moving where?

If you sign up for the deal now will you still get to keep it as long as you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Tinie wrote: »
    Moving where?

If you sign up for the deal now will you still get to keep it as long as you want?

To 3, their data allowence looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

My bill seems to flcutuate from €25-30 each month.

I get 200 free mins, unlimited texts, 1GB of data, and free calls on evenings and weekends with Meteor. I also like the Direct Debit function so I never have to worry about topping up the phone, but is there better deals going on with MEteor at the moment?

I'd prefer to stay with them as I've never had an ounce of hassle.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

For me, meteor's current PAYG offer is better than this plan, I'm thinking of switching to it as i'm more of a data user than voice. I've had small problems with meteor billing when I first signed up to this plan (back when it was €15 for 200mins/texts 1gb data) but other than that they've been rock solid. Personally I won't be going near 3, we just don't click.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 onliner

TheDoc wrote: »
    My bill seems to flcutuate from €25-30 each month.

I get 200 free mins, unlimited texts, 1GB of data, and free calls on evenings and weekends with Meteor. I also like the Direct Debit function so I never have to worry about topping up the phone, but is there better deals going on with MEteor at the moment?

I'd prefer to stay with them as I've never had an ounce of hassle.

The Guido All you want for €10monthly
    300 mobile minsto any mobile network
    All texts*to any mobile network
    1 GB internet
    +60 landline minutes

The Don The ultimate deal for €20monthly
    All calls*to any mobile network
    5 GB internet
    +60 landline minutes

Why is 48 not a better option. As far as as I am aware you can purchase as many memberships (months) as you wish in advance and after first set up takes just 2 minutes to buy months again.

• Advertisement

onliner wrote: »
    The Guido All you want for €10monthly
    300 mobile minsto any mobile network
    1 GB internet
    +60 landline minutes

The Don The ultimate deal for €20monthly
    All calls*to any mobile network
    5 GB internet
    +60 landline minutes

Why is 48 not a better option. As far as as I am aware you can purchase as many memberships (months) as you wish in advance and after first set up takes just 2 minutes to buy months again.

The 48 deal is pay as you go.
    Meteor is billpay by direct debit.

Advertisement