Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Renovating 1990 dormer wiring and plumb future proofinging

• 02-12-2014 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi guys and girls hoping to future proof for smart home type set up. Needs replum bing and hearing and wiring due to vandalism! Would like a network type setup where by download movies etc to a server and can access music movies etc from lot of rooms. Any suggestions welcome as I know what I am requesting is quite vague? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭MHI

Hi Gomamochi

I think first thing is you give more information of what exactly you want to achieve.

Multi-Room Audio
    Multi-Room HD Video
    Full Home automation lights/blinds/etc

How many Zones you have?
    How Many People living in the home? (that will require access to the system)

If you gutting the house its best to get all this wiring done while the walls are stripped back

Regards MHI

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

MHI wrote: »
    Hi Gomamochi

I think first thing is you give more information of what exactly you want to achieve.

Multi-Room Audio
    Multi-Room HD Video
    Full Home automation lights/blinds/etc

How many Zones you have?
    How Many People living in the home? (that will require access to the system)

If you gutting the house its best to get all this wiring done while the walls are stripped back

Regards MHI
    Lights only
    Multi room audio and video,
    2 kids 2 adults, 4 bed

Advertisement