Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Miami Hotline :D

It's as cheap is it might look by the way. It does not include drugs in game price, because with such awesome soundtrack, you will need them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Just a word of warning about the USB Cable. My daughter got her hands on it and soaked the Vita Side of it with spit. The only place I could get a new one was off Amazon and I am still waiting after a week for it to be delivered. I have checked Gamestop, Smyths......... and they do not seem to stock them.

So be careful with your cable or you will spend a week plus like me without being able to use your Vita!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Can I just ask.. who here has finished Persona 4 Golden?

Does it ever end :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

If anyone has a UK acc for there vita and is looking for a cheap copy of Fifa 13 here is it

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/181220047242?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.ie%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D181220047242%26_rdc%3D1

Its a code for PSN so its a download

And for €6 euros its some deal was going to get on to i seen it was for a UK acc

And if they sell out there is another person selling it for about €7 euros

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5574894536&toolid=10001&campid=5336549684&customid=&icep_item=181209458609&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229508&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Well that's a pity,I was gonna get killzone but the campaign is only 5hrs long,9missons?

The campaign is about 6 hours, but is actually quite good. Once you finish, you can also replay the levels with different parameters attached like time limits and taking down bosses and enemies in certain ways.

But as mentioned, the multiplayer adds a lot to the time you'll spend on the game. Well worth investing IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

The more I think of it the more I'm peed off that I broke my screen. I've left it in to GSM solutions on abbey st in Dublin they are having a look at it this afternoon. Anyone have any experience on having the screen replaced?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Otacon wrote: »

My credit card does not like you, just what I was looking for though, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

When are the new models out? I'm looking to get a pink one for my g/f (she won't notice the difference between oled and lcd). Can the new models accept memory cards or are they restricted to the onboard memory?

Any price info?

shuffles03 wrote: »
    When are the new models out? I'm looking to get a pink one for my g/f (she won't notice the difference between oled and lcd). Can the new models accept memory cards or are they restricted to the onboard memory?

Any price info?

There is no information regarding price or release outside of Japan yet although if I was betting I would say it'll be out in February.

You can add more memory to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

tok9 wrote: »

Ha, depends on whether or not you get the full ending!

But yeah, it's long. Great though

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

It's the War and Peace of video games.

I've finished the bad ending I assume although I'm not sure how I got it as I picked pretty much the same dialogue the second time round to continue on.

Also I god damn knew it regarding who the killer was! Was delighted when it give you a list of pretty much all the characters and you need to pick the killer.

So now I'm on that person's boss battle but the fecker after it keeps killing me.

Wish I picked medium difficulty as I hate grinding to level up just so I'm more powerful. :(

Anyone have tips on how to kill the rare monsters. I usually use the almighty attacks but a lot of the time at least 2 will get away from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Just an upDate on having the screen replaced if it cracks.

Cost €150
    Verdict: get a new one
    Outcome :(

For anyone interested, all these games have got a price drop on the PSN Store.

PSP/PS Vita
    LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
    Was €7.99/£6.49, now €3.99/£3.24
    Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar

Gravity Rush
    Was €14.99/£11.99, Now €10.04/£8.03

LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita
    Was €14.99/£11.99, now €11.99/£9.59

Uncharted: Fight for Fortune Complete Edition
    Was €8.99/£7.29, now €6.02/£4.88

Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    Was €24.99/£19.99, now €14.99/£11.99

Is next month the Vita PS+ year anniversary?

Since they have those games on sale I'd be curious to see what they do offer to replace Uncharted and Gravity Rush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Is next month the Vita PS+ year anniversary?

Since they have those games on sale I'd be curious to see what they do offer to replace Uncharted and Gravity Rush.

Considering October's games in the IGC came at the end of September I imagine November's game will be near the end of this month as well.

Maybe something like PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale or Need for Speed to be on it instead?

Considering October's games in the IGC came at the end of September I imagine November's game will be near the end of this month as well.

Maybe something like PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale or Need for Speed to be on it instead?

That All-Stars game has been in a ridiculous number of sales so I reckon that won't be on it.

I get the feeling that one of P4G and Soul Sacrifice will be on it. Hopefully the latter as I didn't pick that up. Think I had a different idea of that game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

That All-Stars game has been in a ridiculous number of sales so I reckon that won't be on it.

I get the feeling that one of P4G and Soul Sacrifice will be on it. Hopefully the latter as I didn't pick that up. Think I had a different idea of that game.

I could see it being Soul Sacrifice maybe. The thing about Uncharted and Gravity Rush is that they looked really good so they really showed off the power of the Vita. That's something that Soul Sacrifice would probably do and Need for Speed as well - that's one game also that I haven't seen on sale in the PS Store either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I could see it being Soul Sacrifice maybe. The thing about Uncharted and Gravity Rush is that they looked really good so they really showed off the power of the Vita. That's something that Soul Sacrifice would probably do and Need for Speed as well - that's one game also that I haven't seen on sale in the PS Store either.

Gravity Rush's art style does look soooo nice in fairness. Playing through it at the moment and as odd as the controls feel at the start, a couple of hours in they become more second nature and your walking on walls, doing flying kicks etc.. I like it I have to say.

I'd welcome Soul Sacrifice or NFS. Would love to give Soul Sacrifice a go in particular. Played the NFS game on 360. Liked it. Reminded me of Chase HQ years ago on the Amstrad 6128 plus... ah showing my age. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ah so many PS vita games I want to get, but money situation is such an ass ( need to put down another 200eu to fully pay out all my ps4 bundle and extra games ), and I got a ton of other games I am still actively playing :(.

I really want to get Disgea 3, Soul sacrifice and Persona 4. All games still in a strong 35ish eu bracket on amazon :(.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ah so many PS vita games I want to get, but money situation is such an ass ( need to put down another 200eu to fully pay out all my ps4 bundle and extra games ), and I got a ton of other games I am still actively playing :(.

I really want to get Disgea 3, Soul sacrifice and Persona 4. All games still in a strong 35ish eu bracket on amazon :(.

Same here lol,really want to get killzone and dragons crown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Same here lol,really want to get killzone and dragons crown.
    Speaking of which, the Japanese version of Dragon's Crown now has cross platform multiplayer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Speaking of which, the Japanese version of Dragon's Crown now has cross platform multiplayer.

Nice!

The English version has also been patched and has cross platform, it is the 4th patch now, the developers still seem to be very active with the game, really should bring myself to finish it, but the button mashing and lack of any real skill or tactics needed really gets repetitive, plus its so linear.

I'd be a lot more tempted if it was cross buy too

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

Has anyone played Uncharted: Fight for Fortune? Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Animo wrote: »
    Has anyone played Uncharted: Fight for Fortune? Any good?

Yes I have.

Not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

What games are people looking forward to that are due to be released soon on Vita?

and

What games would you like to see on Vita?

Personally I'm really looking forward to:
    1. Tearaway
    2. Toukiden
    Tearaway looks superb, using unique features on the Vita, cool graphics and characters.

Toukiden sparked my interest as it sold something like 120k copies in its first week of launch in Japan. Set to come to Europe in early 2014 as far as I'm aware. Its a new IP but is Monster Hunter type stuff.

What I would like to see:
    1. An NHL or Madden game
    I know thats kind of a boring choice but I'd like them for throwaway moments of gameplay. You know the times when you just want to take a half hour from the story of the main game your playing as a boss is annoying you or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Not too many games are interesting me for my Vita nowadays. Killzone being the last one. After a spending a lot of time on the Vita, Games like GTA and kingdom hearts have drawn me back to my PS3.

But i cannot wait for the PS4 to come out so i can test the connectivity between it and my Vita!

No doubt there'll be teething problems at first, as there always is but the prospect of what they can do together excites me very much.

So i guess i'm waiting for my Vita's Bigger brother to come so we can hangout, just the 3 of us <3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement