Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Community - Season 5 [US] **Spoilers!!**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I didn't get the end credits. What was that about?
    It was just the fact that Tory and Abed were sitting in those ridiculous costumes while professor Hickey is having these serious discussions on the phone. The juxtaposition just made me lol, as well as Troy's single tear and when he tried to move in the chair

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

phasers wrote: »
    It was just the fact that Tory and Abed were sitting in those ridiculous costumes while professor Hickey is having these serious discussions on the phone. The juxtaposition just made me lol, as well as Troy's single tear and when he tried to move in the chair

It was thick alright but I think he knew they were there and was just f*cking with them! The look of awkwardness was class though!

God I missed this show, or any show that makes ya think and have hidden jokes! Took me a few secs to get the gas leak joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭BlurstMonkey

Seriously back in love with the show. I didn't know if I'd even be into it after the last season but it was excellent. I lost my sh(i)t entirely during the second episode and the first had some really clever moments too. I'm very pleased that it's back to being a properly smart witty show, if that makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I didn't think I liked the couch scene at the end with Mike from BB at the time that much but I was pishing this morning thinking about the single tear. A retrospective LOL, if you will.

I loved the little song inside the Dean's head at the end of episode 2. Very funny. It seems like they're completely back to the way they were. I hope this is the last season as it'd give it the send off it needs and deserves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I loved the little song inside the Dean's head at the end of episode 2. Very funny. It seems like they're completely back to the way they were. I hope this is the last season as it'd give it the send off it needs and deserves.

#sixseasonsandamovie

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Slightly Off Topic but is anyone else watching harmons other cartoon creation Rick and Morty! It's out a couple of weeks now, watched the first couple of episodes are there are serious shades of his comedy styling in it... First episode was alright, enjoyed the second 1,id recommend giving it a watch! They're on YouTube!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    Slightly Off Topic but is anyone else watching harmons other cartoon creation Rick and Morty! It's out a couple of weeks now, watched the first couple of episodes are there are serious shades of his comedy styling in it... First episode was alright, enjoyed the second 1,id recommend giving it a watch! They're on YouTube!

link please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Yeah, I've watched them all too. Usually not my type of show but Harmon's name on it made me try it and I've enjoyed it so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    Slightly Off Topic but is anyone else watching harmons other cartoon creation Rick and Morty!

They're on YouTube!

He's giving it away online for free or it just landed on YT already?

• Advertisement

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    He's giving it away online for free or it just landed on YT already?

The first three episodes were put on youtube for free right after they aired, but you have to pay to watch them now. 1.99$ each.

Not sure if the rest of the episodes will be free or paid.

Really enjoyed the two episodes. While neither was all that great, they were certainly superior to most of series 3 and 4 and Jonathan Banks was comedy gold. The Chase cameo was a nice touch and I hope that he will make one or two more appearances this series

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

Really enjoyed the two episodes. While neither was all that great, they were certainly superior to most of series 3 and 4 and Jonathan Banks was comedy gold. The Chase cameo was a nice touch and I hope that he will make one or two more appearances this series

Definitely have to agree with you that while they were much improved they didn't match the best episodes of series 1 or 2. I chuckled but didn't laugh out loud

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Two great episodes I thought. In the first episode in particular there were some of the really subtle sneaky jokes that made the first two seasons so great. Community, when it's on form, is one of the very few shows that can have me laughing at two or three jokes at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

Is the song the Dean sang at the end of the first episode a reference to another film/programme?

Sheela wrote: »
    Is the song the Dean sang at the end of the first episode a reference to another film/programme?

Probably something really random that only Dan Harmon has seen

though I have no idea how long it'll actually stay up on YouTube.

I think two things slightly sullied my reaction on the two new episodes;

1) I recently rewatched all episodes over the course of a few weeks to remind me of plotlines etc (and to laugh lots!). So I had the high benchmark of season 2 and 3 still fresh in mind when watching the new season 5. And

2) I watched it late at night and was quite tired. I Britta'd it.

Another watch of these two new episodes is required before I feel as enthusiastic as others on here I reckon.

Oh and this ...

http://i.minus.com/ib0aN0lE22DnRl.gif

Mod: Changed gif to a link because it's not really safe for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Back to single servings tonight with an episode titled "Basic Intergluteal Numismatics"

Wouldnt it make more sense to have a 24 episode order and give us a double helping every week? It would also help it get to $yndication faster ;)

• Advertisement

Back to single servings tonight with an episode titled "Basic Intergluteal Numismatics"

Wouldnt it make more sense to have a 24 episode order and give us a double helping every week? It would also help it get to $yndication faster ;)

It's already been syndicated.

It's already been syndicated.

Just checked and it is. 86 episodes is a good number to get to $yndication at, I always thought 100 was the magic number

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just checked and it is. 86 episodes is a good number to get to $yndication at, I always thought 100 was the magic number

It'll be at 97 by the end of this season.

It'll be at 97 by the end of this season.

#sixseasonsandamovie ;)

#sixseasonsandamovie ;)

Pop! Pop! :D

That was alright, I think I preferred the second episode last week but there definitely wasn't anything bad about that. Looking forward to more normal, classroom centric episodes rather than themed ones.

Nothing special, but definitely not bad. Reminded me of a season 2 filler type episode. Kinda wanted to find out who the ass crack bandit is...

Good to have Duncan back though... and Alex!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Good homage of Fincher movies but as mentioned having Alex and Duncan back made it 8/10 for me.

Obligatory Alison Brie GIF:

tumblr_mz5xdz5uh51rd1qi0o1_500.gif

Kilkenny14 wrote: »
    Good homage of Fincher movies but as mentioned having Alex and Duncan back made it 8/10 for me.

Obligatory Alison Brie GIF:

tumblr_mz5xdz5uh51rd1qi0o1_500.gif

Thank you!! I should've known because I now remember reading about it a few weeks back but for the life of me I couldn't figure out what exactly they were paying homage to, I thought it was Scandinavian TV. Knowing will make the rewatch more enjoyable. I liked it, agreed that episode 2 is still the highlight so far. Agreed that the return of Duncan is great.

Anybody else pause during the opening credits to read the news clippings? "The Fountain Pooper" and then scrawled on the side of the article "Gross! Doesn't fit MO"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Just watched the first three episodes and I couldn't be happier. So great to have the real Community back! I almost forgot how much I love Alison Brie. :eek:

Advertisement