Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Justified - [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

didnt watch it for a few weeks and then watched episodesd 6-most recent yesterday

fantastic show, in my time not watching it I'd actually forgotten how good it was and had kinda convinced myself that I wasn't in the mood to watch it every week but I'm delighted I had nothing else to do yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

tvnutz wrote: »
    It will also be interesting to see who tried to kill Raylan
    Who said they were after Raylan? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

Could someone give me a feel of what type of show this is? It's on my radar but not sure whether to start on it or not. Multi layered slow burner ala The Wire/The Sopranos? Fast tempo adrenaline ride ala The Shield? Or is it just a fun, new story every week, kinda thing?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just finished season 1. Why the hell did i stop watching this? It's ****in brilliant. First few episodes were good, but then after episode 5 it really kicks off, and ends brilliantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

I fear Dicky will meet a rather unfortunate end :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Kiith wrote: »
    Just finished season 1. Why the hell did i stop watching this? It's ****in brilliant. First few episodes were good, but then after episode 5 it really kicks off, and ends brilliantly.
    Yep.. had the same reaction.

But if you think the first season is good, the second will blow you away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Just watched the latest 2 episodes, absolutely fantastic! Mags Bennett is one scary lady, Margo Martindale who plays her is doing a great job, the way she went from distraught mother to warning the guy in the diner who was quoting the Bible at her and her fun, elated side coming out when she sang the song after getting her way with Carol from the mining company ... chilling.

Anyone else finding Winona very annoying? Not sure what she was at asking Raylan for a lift to her divorce lawyer but not wanting to talk about it. Surely she could have asked someone else for a lift in that case and he needn't have known? Even just the nerve of her asking for a favour after ignoring his phone calls after he had risked his career for her by helping her with the stolen money! That's why I love this show, there are no uninteresting characters. It will be interesting to see where they go with her agreeing to move with him to Glynco to teach recruits how to shoot, can't see that happening and I'm sure the writers will surprise us. Maybe her behaviour will make him realise she is not the fantasy he has of her in his mind and he'll be able to move on.

Thought the scene where Art and Raylan had it out ("you opened this can, let's eat it all") was brilliant. Really felt Art's disappointment in Raylan, it also made me feel bad for viewing Raylan as a hero as Art reminded us, maybe he isn't that heroic, trouble tends to follow him around and he really sails close to the wind. I am sad that their relationship is probably beyond repair as they had seemed to have found some form of respect for each other, but that's gone now.

I also really liked the scene where Raylan talked Loretta in to giving her new foster family a chance.
    God dammit, I can't help it, to me he is a hero (sorry Dad Art!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Only one way to describe that ending...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

not shown it, so it didn't happen, hate the way shows give away any pretence at suspensely by including previous on and showing characters which can only lead you to know who was involved in the attempted hit.

although i didn't expect gary to have asked for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Quotes of the episode...

Raylan tp Wyn Duffy
    "As long as you understand that the next time we have this conversation, there won't be a conversation."

Helen Givens to Dickie Bennett
    "You best be gone when he gets back, otherwise he's gonna make what Raylan did to your knee feel like a handjob from an angel."

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

2 episodes left. Feel good that we are getting to the finish, but bad because when it's over what do I watch then? There's nothing like it, except the Sons and that wont be back till the end of 11 afaik.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

6 episodes into season 2...bloody hell, this is awesome. I loved season 1, but this is so much better. The Bennet's are bloody evil, but in a brilliant way :) Boyd is excellent as usual, and i love his interractions with Raylen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Episode 12 has set up a cracker of an ending next week...:D
    There will be blood!

Episode 12 has set up a cracker of an ending next week...:D
    There will be blood!

Ye,loved Raylan bring Dickie out to the woods to shot him,knew he would never do it,but it was a great character moment.showing how much Helen meant to him,that she saved him. Dickie crying and begging for his life was good to see,pathetic person that he is.

Now for the finale,appears there will be killings based on Mags' comments at the end.

Where's venom got to?:D

Teaser for Episode 13

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I had assumed this weeks episode was the last of the season and was disappointed with it! Thankfully it's not :D

fantastic.

That was an epic finale. Loved the shootout at the beginning where Boyd was ready for the Bennet's by paying off the cop.

Doyle getting shot through the head,Mags killing herself,I wonder will Boyd still try go after Dickie,I guess it depends on if Ava survives or not.

It was a really great season,the Bennet's were a fantastic addition. Will be hard to top next year.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Dang my favorite show is over for another season. Simply the best thing on TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

That was definitely the most engaging hour of TV I have seen in a long time. I was on the edge of my seat for the whole thing.

so surprised how story driven it is, having started out with silly crooks in individual stories

I thought there would be more Boyd in the episode, but it was superb anyway.

"Mags, what have you done"? Great performances all round. Good head shot from (presumably) Tim,. he's all kinds of coolness.

Boyd has the new chief of police of Harlan county in his pocket now, can anything stop him? Except Raylan obviously.

Will Winona be waiting for Raylan, or will she be gone?
    Will Ava survive?

Can't wait for Season 3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

so surprised how story driven it is, having started out with silly crooks in individual stories

So it went serailised in season 2?....that's good to know.

So it went serailised in season 2?....that's good to know.
    It began being serialized about mid-way through the first season..

when Bo Crowder was released from prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Just watched S1-S2 back to back over the last week, thoroughly enjoyed it and can't believe I never heard of it before.

Is Season 3 a definite?

Nate

Is Season 3 a definite?
    Yep, FX commissioned it for a third season back in late March.

It's getting better viewing figures this year than it's first season.

Well that was just about the best thing I've seen for a long time! I was on the edge of my seat during that final scene, even though I could guess what was going to happen.

And go Tim- what a shot!

Fantastic!

Poochie05 wrote: »
    And go Tim- what a shot!

That guy Tim is well cool. Didnt he shoot the guy who had the pregnant girl hostage too?

• Advertisement

groovie wrote: »
    That guy Tim is well cool. Didnt he shoot the guy who had the pregnant girl hostage too?

He sure did.
    Actually I think he might have had a higher body count this season than Raylan, who has been quite restrained with his gun this season.

Advertisement