Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[MOTU] Mysterious 'loud bangs' heard across Britain

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Straylight

Something similar in Manchester almost a week before that, and also in Catterick, which is home to one of the largest British Army bases, a couple of days after the Manchester incident.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Military activity seems the obvious explanation, but it seems they have denied involvement on this occasion unlike similar incidents in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Saw it on CNBC news last night@11.30pm, although the usual denial came in, he'd said it'll be probably made public in 5yrs ;)

http://home.bt.com/news/odd-news/mysterious-loud-bangs-heard-in-new-york-and-uk-at-the-same-time-11363947094438

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭squonk

Sounded to me like a meteor or something. Large meteors can produce a sonic boom.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Captain Red

it was just a weather balloon sorry couldn't help myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

it was just a weather balloon sorry couldn't help myself

was that weather balloon burst by a giant to produce the loud bangs?

Yeah, I've heard of these occurrences but tbh i reckon sonic booms are the only viable explanation, maybe ordinary military aircraft breaking the sound barrier, new high altitude jets, natural meteor strikes, air bursting meteors.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It sounds like anti lag system on a wrc car.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Captain Red

yeah most likely military testing as for the denial they're hardly going to say "oh yeah we were just texting our brand new top secret spy/fighter jet, wanna see?"

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭guitarrrszz

military activity in the area most likely

• Registered Users Posts: 43 AnthonyGiarrusso
    Executive Motivational Speaker, Paranormal Lecturer, Sales Professional, Author, & Beach Traveler

Could just be acoustic weapons. If we can find the source of the sounds then we won't need to anticipate anymore because we found the source of the sounds.

• Advertisement
Advertisement