Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My Favourite Songs Mentionted in Ulysses.

Options
  • 14-06-2015 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

The Bloom is on The Rye also Known as My Pretty Jane

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Siúil, siúil, siúil a rún....

(I wish I were on yonder hill...)

Lovely song.

katemarch wrote: »
    Siúil, siúil, siúil a rún....

(I wish I were on yonder hill...)

Lovely song.

I cannot see any reference to James Joyce. Very happy to put it here for everyone.

The Croppy Boy by Anne Byrne

• Advertisement

@Xenophile - Stephen Dedalus sings it to Bloom, in Ithaca

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

This morning's Sunday Miscellany is worth a listen, for all things Joycean.

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/sunday-miscellany/

• Advertisement

"La ci darem la mano..."

-- just imagine Molly singing this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqPcb1nKZYg

• Advertisement

As they turned into Berkeley Street, a streetorgan near the Basin sent over and after them a rollicking rattling song of the halls. Has anyone here seen Kelly? Kay ee double ell wy. Dead March from Saul. He's as bad as old Antonio. He left me on my ownio.

The Shannon Colleens have performed a great version of "Oh! Oh! Antonio!" at Dublin Bloomsday for the past few years. Unfortunately, I can't find their version online.

Advertisement