Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Golf Betting Log

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Dustin johnson 2pt win @36.0 added

Balance -16.5

just about back to life after a hell of a week over at cheltenham so decided to speculate a few quid so i can relax and watch the rest of the golf this weekend.

Harris english 1.5pt win @21.0
    george Coetzee 1pt win @40.0
    tad ridings 0.5pt win @85

Balance -19.5 pts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

redzerdrog wrote: »
    just about back to life after a hell of a week over at cheltenham so decided to speculate a few quid so i can relax and watch the rest of the golf this weekend.

Harris english 1.5pt win @21.0
    george Coetzee 1pt win @40.0
    tad ridings 0.5pt win @85

backed Kucher and Donald at the start of the week,think 14/1 in running(PP) now for Donald is way too big to ignore so i've backed him again

backed Kucher and Donald at the start of the week,think 14/1 in running(PP) now for Donald is way too big to ignore so i've backed him again

14s is nice for donald most available at the min is 8/1.

todays the only day i saw but it has been very good viewing, the course is playing just tough enough. Tomorrow should be great viewing.

14s is nice for donald most available at the min is 8/1.

todays the only day i saw but it has been very good viewing, the course is playing just tough enough. Tomorrow should be great viewing.

i'd say a fair few backed Donald at decent prices last night,from the time he finished it was pretty obvious he wasn't going to be too far off,pp were way too late adjusting.
    Furyk is the obvious danger,one outsider in the betting that i would give a good chance to is Molder,2 behind and has won before,has a pretty even swing tempo,with the greens as they are the best putter on the day will prevail and that's why i think Donald will collect.

• Advertisement

On my fone at work at the moment but only have one bet done so far

4pt double tiger and donald @24/1

Might do a couple more in the bay hill tomorrow before it starts aswell

On my fone at work at the moment but only have one bet done so far

4pt double tiger and donald @24/1

Might do a couple more in the bay hill tomorrow before it starts aswell
    Well that went well and to make things worse one of the outsiders i fancied is leading the thing!

****ing work!!!

for a we bit of interest for the evening

1pt win Huh @20/1

balance -24.5pts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

The SHELL HOUSTON OPEN this week.

I'm expecting Phil Mickelson to pick up the winners cheque this week and can't believe he is 16/1.

So if you fancy him for Augusta then get on before this week as his price will tumble.

fangee wrote: »
    The SHELL HOUSTON OPEN this week.

I'm expecting Phil Mickelson to pick up the winners cheque this week and can't believe he is 16/1.

So if you fancy him for Augusta then get on before this week as his price will tumble.

yeah big price but his driver is looking it's old wayward self again and that will not work this week,although he has won here before so maybe worth a tenner just in case
    Louis Oost this week is the bet for me

• Advertisement

just in the process of looking into this in detail but initially am leaning towards stricker at the moment will have a decent look at it this evening though

just in the process of looking into this in detail but initially am leaning towards stricker at the moment will have a decent look at it this evening though

Don't bother having a decent look. You're currently leaning the right way.

If I'd half a brain I'd back STRICKER myself but I'd already made my mind up on MICKELSON and I just can't allow myself to change it.

Imagine how I'd feel if the latter wins and I'd changed my mind and backed the former ?

I've NEVER won money on Phil yet I've won a nice few pound on a few occasions with Steve. Go figure eh ? I'm an unfaithful slut or just stupid.

Steve is safe, steady and has the cojones to win and you're in it 'til the end.

With Phil I'll know my destiny pretty early on and will be spared 4 days of willing somebody on.

As we all know on here, it's a tough slog shouting on a player for 4 long days.

Won a few quid on the football this week so gonna speculate a few more pts this week.

Trophee Hassan II
    1st round leader - 1pt win Gregory Bourdy @35/1

Outright
    1pt win Gregory Bourdy @33/1
    2pt win Joost Luiten @30/1
    0.5 E/W stephen gallecher @33/1

Shell Houston Open
    6pt win Steve Strciker @14/1
    1pt E/W Ben Kohles @100/1

And to top things off a trixie
    0.5pt E/W Trixie
    mcIlroy @9/1
    luiten @30/1
    prayed marksaeng @25/1

this weeks outlay 16pts

Balance -40.5pts

Trophee Hassan II
    1st round leader - 1pt win Gregory Bourdy @35/1 (shocking start so can write this off)

Outright
    1pt win Gregory Bourdy @33/1
    2pt win Joost Luiten @30/1
    0.5 E/W stephen gallecher @33/1

Shell Houston Open
    6pt win Steve Strciker @14/1
    1pt E/W Ben Kohles @100/1

And to top things off a trixie
    0.5pt E/W Trixie
    mcIlroy @9/1
    luiten @30/1
    prayed marksaeng @25/1 (leading after the 1st round :))

0.5pt E/W Trixie
    mcIlroy @9/1
    luiten @30/1
    prayed marksaeng @25/1 leading by 5 after the 3rd round :)

Come on Luiten!! big day today from him and it will be a nice sweat!!

meh

meh

What does meh mean ?

What does meh mean ?

what could have been a promising day turned to pot with both none of my selections making the moves i had hoped

freddie Jacobson 1.5pt win @25
    billy horshell 1pt win @60
    john huh 1pt win @75
    ben kholes 0.5pt win @110
    david lynn 0.5pt win @170
    patrick reed 0.5pt win @ 380

this weeks outlay 5pts

balance -45.5

i'm on Kohles @110/1 and a decent bet on Jordon Speith @40/1,
    both e/w 6 places

• Advertisement

i'm on Kohles @110/1 and a decent bet on Jordon Speith @40/1,
    both e/w 6 places

speith was another I looked at along with Tringale and hoffman but felt they were a just a bit too short and I didnt want to get too heavily involved with next week on the horizon

nice sweat on horshell for the weekend he played a blinder today after a terrible 1st 4 holes.

kholes aint out of it yet either

a bit worried about Rory coming into form though

i cant wach Horshell,way too highly strung for me,have i got the balls to lay him though? i would gladly lay him @4/1,Rors @3/1,no thanks

i think we need to be afraid of Furyk tbh,all the best anyway

i cant wach Horshell,way too highly strung for me,have i got the balls to lay him though? i would gladly lay him @4/1,Rors @3/1,no thanks

i think we need to be afraid of Furyk tbh,all the best anyway

I wont lie, I was tempted to take the 14pt profit by cashing out last night but decided i was happy enough to let him ride at 60s, it gives me a nice bit of interest for this evening anyway.

Come on Billy ya B*stard. Hold your nerve.

Come on Billy ya B*stard. Hold your nerve.

well its entertaining anyway!!

well its entertaining anyway!!

I'm travelling so I can't watch it. How is Billy holding himself ?

I'm travelling so I can't watch it. How is Billy holding himself ?

doing well!! scrambling very well and holeing some nice putts to save par on several holes. 3 shot lead after 13 holes

doing well!! scrambling very well and holeing some nice putts to save par on several holes. 3 shot lead after 13 holes

Nice one. Thanks for the info. Somebody was saying yesterday that he looked like a bundle of nerves. I hope he holds it together.

• Advertisement

Nice one. Thanks for the info. Somebody was saying yesterday that he looked like a bundle of nerves. I hope he holds it together.

I wouldn't say its nerves myself but he is just someone that likes to express his emotions, I am finding him very enjoyable to watch (it helps having him at 60s though)

Advertisement