Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Comments

carzony wrote: »
    There was one plainclothes member in this i30, only wearing the vest, possibly drugs unit. I couldn't see any visible light but the extra ariel was very obvious.

There were some with ones deployed as unmarked. I think they were to me marked up but got redeployed due to chronic shortage of unmarked cars. Know of at least one blue one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

foreign wrote: »
    There were some with ones deployed as unmarked. I think they were to me marked up but got redeployed due to chronic shortage of unmarked cars. Know of at least one blue one too.

This one was silver and looked very fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

EIDW wrote: »
    Video is here on YouTube https://youtu.be/SNW-TuFum4s

Good effort, I would have blue lights like that if I was driving a f**king Megane! :D:D:D

Out of the way I don't want anyone to see me!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Good effort, I would have blue lights like that if I was driving a f**king Megane! :D:D:D

Out of the way I don't want anyone to see me!!!!!

I have an 05 Mondeo, I'd actually give him it for nothing, feel terribly bad he couldn't even get that right..... Must be seriously special....

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

• Advertisement

Literally just past the station.

Ya neilstown road

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭roadmaster

POGAN wrote: »

Did the Focus take as much damage as the Hyundai?

Will that buff out?

Will that buff out?

Well it won’t buff out‚ back on the road soon enough

• Advertisement

roadmaster wrote: »
    Did the Focus take as much damage as the Hyundai?

Knocked front suspension on focus by looks of it, took them out of the run....

Obviously the collision was not planned as the focus driver tried to lose them on the turn... Still funny to watch though...

Knocked front suspension on focus by looks of it, took them out of the run....

Obviously the collision was not planned as the focus driver tried to lose them on the turn... Still funny to watch though...

Seem to be more and more fail to stops over the last number of months country wide

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Aaron1416

POGAN wrote: »
    Seem to be more and more fail to stops over the last number of months country wide

Could it be the thats there’s more Gardai out and about. More traffic stops more cars taking chase ?
    We’ve seen 3 deaths from lads taking chase over last few months, is it worth it over no insurance no licence

Aaron1416 wrote: »
    Could it be the thats there’s more Gardai out and about. More traffic stops more cars taking chase ?
    We’ve seen 3 deaths from lads taking chase over last few months, is it worth it over no insurance no licence

Not just document offences. Some are stolen, transporting drugs/money/weapons, criminals going to a job, someone wanted on warrant or wanted for questioning.

If you don't pursue you give criminals an advantage.

Not just document offences. Some are stolen, transporting drugs/money/weapons, criminals going to a job, someone wanted on warrant or wanted for questioning.

If you don't pursue you give criminals an advantage.

I understand that mate, I think the job seriously lacks resources and training, CBD 2 isn’t adequate for pursuits and offers zero protection when it goes wrong, we are still driving on our own licences. don’t get me started on CBD1, districts cars being driven by CBD1 drivers, panic alarms, robbery’s, DDrives, ash tray on motorbike comes to mind, but the job gets away with it.... wouldn’t happen anywhere else.

I’ve been following boards a long time and only recently signed up, just waiting till I post enough so I can post photos of nice polis cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

I understand that mate, I think the job seriously lacks resources and training, CBD 2 isn’t adequate for pursuits and offers zero protection when it goes wrong, we are still driving on our own licences. don’t get me started on CBD1, districts cars being driven by CBD1 drivers, panic alarms, robbery’s, DDrives, ash tray on motorbike comes to mind, but the job gets away with it.... wouldn’t happen anywhere else.

I’ve been following boards a long time and only recently signed up, just waiting till I post enough so I can post photos of nice polis cars!

Haha letting off steam! It should be part of the course curriculum on the driving the driving part.

Haha letting off steam! It should be part of the course curriculum on the driving the driving part.

These 12hrs are starting to wear haha!
    CBD1 wasn’t intended for what’s it being used for, and lads still blue light it and get the job done because that’s what we signed up to do, but that’s how the job gets away with CBD1! Mules wanting to do a good job and help people, if we all downed sticks in the morning and said nope ain’t driving till proper training and protection put in place, would anything change? Probably not...zzzz... Was it Australia only recently stopped driving for a day and got the regs changed to say their private licence wouldn’t be affected

These 12hrs are starting to wear haha!
    CBD1 wasn’t intended for what’s it being used for, and lads still blue light it and get the job done because that’s what we signed up to do, but that’s how the job gets away with CBD1! Mules wanting to do a good job and help people, if we all downed sticks in the morning and said nope ain’t driving till proper training and protection put in place, would anything change? Probably not...zzzz... Was it Australia only recently stopped driving for a day and got the regs changed to say their private licence wouldn’t be affected

The job will never protect any member if they are involved in a collision, so for those who are CBD1 need to think before they do it, I’m qualified, I was in a collision on morehampton road going to an urgent assistance, bin lorry didn’t stop and over took coming into my lane, not my fault and was on dashcam And I was made feel guilty because they lost a car, One of the lads I passed out with funny enough moved to oz and joined over there about 6/7 yrs ago, he was on that Garda down under, he’s now fully qualified to drive the motorcycle and the fast performance cars, I think it’s called a falcon or something. They only recently received a big batch of beemers too, so he’s doing the calls in those, meanwhile here in the station it’s “ah who has the keys to that, tut Right see when they are off that call we need it”

The last two hours really take you out don’t they haha

The job will never protect any member if they are involved in a collision, so for those who are CBD1 need to think before they do it, I’m qualified, I was in a collision on morehampton road going to an urgent assistance, bin lorry didn’t stop and over took coming into my lane, not my fault and was on dashcam And I was made feel guilty because they lost a car, One of the lads I passed out with funny enough moved to oz and joined over there about 6/7 yrs ago, he was on that Garda down under, he’s now fully qualified to drive the motorcycle and the fast performance cars, I think it’s called a falcon or something. They only recently received a big batch of beemers too, so he’s doing the calls in those, meanwhile here in the station it’s “ah who has the keys to that, tut Right see when they are off that call we need it”

The last two hours really take you out don’t they haha

Thankfully never been in a accident, expect for a telegraph pole that wasn’t there when I parked up!
    On one hand I enjoy the 4 days because your back into rest days before you know it, but with 12hr shifts, can’t really get anything done at home while working with long commute

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Thankfully my commute is ok. Home to put the kids to bed 6 days out of 8.

I damaged a bumper years ago. I'm cbd1 and fast more aware of my restrictions now than I was younger

• Advertisement

Thankfully my commute is ok. Home to put the kids to bed 6 days out of 8.

I damaged a bumper years ago. I'm cbd1 and fast more aware of my restrictions now than I was younger

And I bet you the other half understands this roster much easier too haha! Our poor cars are so dinged up at this point that, nobody would notice a damaged bumper! I much prefer the keys to the 151 than the 201, drives better and is well used to the ramps at this point, poor 201’s just aren’t built the same

And I bet you the other half understands this roster much easier too haha! Our poor cars are so dinged up at this point that, nobody would notice a damaged bumper! I much prefer the keys to the 151 than the 201, drives better and is well used to the ramps at this point, poor 201’s just aren’t built the same

I ruined one of the classics lol, well the Thornton’s lorry ruined it, it was a 07 navy blue, 3ltre mondeo. Immaculate. The i40s/i30s don’t cut it in my opinion. I’m aware some lads in roads are refusing to drive them

I ruined one of the classics lol, well the Thornton’s lorry ruined it, it was a 07 navy blue, 3ltre mondeo. Immaculate. The i40s/i30s don’t cut it in my opinion. I’m aware some lads in roads are refusing to drive them

are they i40/i30s really that bad? what makes them so poor out of interest?

aaronc182 wrote: »

People will rattle on about what a decent family car they are and they are o...k for that purpose but not as a hard working 20 hours a day patrol car for police use.

Unpowered for a start but I'm just a fan boy, will leave to those on the front line to comment about their effectiveness for frontline policing.

People will rattle on about what a decent family car they are and they are o...k for that purpose but not as a hard working 20 hours a day patrol car for police use.

Unpowered for a start but I'm just a fan boy, will leave to those on the front line to comment about their effectiveness for frontline policing.

I did think they were an odd choice when first started seeing them...been around a few European countries and haven’t seen them used in a policing role anywhere else...they seem to get a lot of stick...wonder what’s the ideal car someone on the frontline would prefer?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

I ruined a 07 navy blue, 3ltre mondeo. Immaculate.

You're going straight to hell!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

The i40s/i30s don’t cut it in my opinion. I’m aware some lads in roads are refusing to drive them

What's the alternative for them though? Take a bike out instead ?

I found the i30s are somewhat better in around the estates in city districts and city centres but very little boot space for kit and they quickly realised the Tetra radio doesn’t fit in the car! It’s squeezed into the bottom of centre console with a few wedges to hold it into place! Nice alloy wheels tho

The i40s are good size and boot space is ok but that’s where it ends. They just aren’t up to the weight of two mules and all the kit, they rattle a lot and just overall standard of build doesn’t up hold to the torture of 22/23 hrs of driving daily, plus with between 3/4 different lads driving each car daily, you wouldn’t begin to imagine how many gear boxes they go through!

I found the i30s are somewhat better in around the estates in city districts and city centres but very little boot space for kit and they quickly realised the Tetra radio doesn’t fit in the car! !

thats mad! the decision to go with hyundai must have been purely financial then rather operational needs then?
    yeah i can imagine they get some abuse alright working 23 hours a day..

what would be a more ideal car in your opinion? were the mondeos liked?

• Advertisement

thats mad! the decision to go with hyundai must have been purely financial then rather operational needs then?
    yeah i can imagine they get some abuse alright working 23 hours a day..

what would be a more ideal car in your opinion? were the mondeos liked?

BMW gave them a choice.... Yes cars are more expensive in some cases but they do kit police vehicles like ford....

GM as it were with vauxhall which is now Peugeot owned is a big tender in the UK.

Hyundai hatches were seen a lot in some UK districts but imo ford gave some of the best spec in the previous years.

Skoda would be a good choice even SEAT too and they come with some nice hot hatches....

Would love to see a few 30n on the beat.... Love the sound.....

My Octavia vRS I thrashed and put up 180k miles and it never let me down, it's sitting up a year, went out and started the other day no issue.

Advertisement