Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SUSI Grant application

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Sup08 wrote: »
    It says "Awarded Renewal", that's it... you are awarded.

You won't here anything else, did you get an award letter?

yes i have a letter from the 4th of June saying I have been awarded the same grant as last year, but my online tracker hasn't moved on to stage 3 or 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

yes i have a letter from the 4th of June saying I have been awarded the same grant as last year, but my online tracker hasn't moved on to stage 3 or 4?

It doesn't unless you're being assessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

Is anyone still queued for final assessment? I'm starting to get worried here. I finished my application about three days before the deadline but so did my friend and he was awarded it about a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Still waiting since May!!

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

Exact same as me although mine changed from 'provisionally awarded' to 'awarded' just this week. And its still on step two and I also received that letter on june so I think it means you will get the grant as nothing had changed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Daledge wrote: »
    Is anyone still queued for final assessment? I'm starting to get worried here. I finished my application about three days before the deadline but so did my friend and he was awarded it about a week ago.

I was just moved from initial assessment to queuing final assessment about a day ago. I do think they'll have most people's applications processed in time for the first payment date to be honest, or at least in the month of October anyway. They've added 3 additional payment dates for late processing applications in October so chances are the majority will be seen to then.

I'm reasonably happy with the progress considering it was January before I saw a cent of my grant in 1st year

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

clairek6 wrote: »
    Exact same as me although mine changed from 'provisionally awarded' to 'awarded' just this week. And its still on step two and I also received that letter on june so I think it means you will get the grant as nothing had changed

Have you received an email or letter since june?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

Have you received an email or letter since june?

Nope nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

After all the rubbish of getting daughter irish passport she is in queued for final assesment.

jjll wrote: »
    After all the rubbish of getting daughter irish passport she is in queued for final assesment.

Why was it all rubbish then?

• Advertisement

Sup08 wrote: »
    Why was it all rubbish then?

Maybe they havent received the passport yet but have been moved to final assessment anyway? That's the impression i get, susi requested an expensive document but have now moved on without receiving it.

jjll wrote: »
    Maybe they havent received the passport yet but have been moved to final assessment anyway? That's the impression i get, susi requested an expensive document but have now moved on without receiving it.

The OP said that getting the passport was rubbish not the request to get one.

The request from SUSI would have been for proof of nationality, and if the applicant was not a born Irish citizen and therefore unable to produce a Irish birth cert or could have been born of Irish parents in a foreign country.
    Maybe their nationality has changed to Irish, then a Passport or a certificate of naturalization would have been required as proof of nationality.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

I received the award letter Friday, my online tracker was queued for final assessment since July 18th. This may give some of you an idea as to where they are now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Mine is still not moved since July 10th. Last time I was corresponding with them they said my application will be finalised in September. They are going to get a phonecall Wednesday from a very irate applicant. I applied the opening day. They have my documents since July 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Westeros wrote: »
    I received the award letter Friday, my online tracker was queued for final assessment since July 18th. This may give some of you an idea as to where they are now :)

Mine is awaiting final assessment since July 11th. Guess they skipped me :(

alex03 wrote: »
    Yesterday when I saw the request for further documentation, I emailed them quoting the Service Level Agreement of 10th Oct. and stating I wanted it escalated to complaint status. A manager called me back and said they were looking for proof of residency, despite six years attendance at same school and never living outside the state. Anyway, I emailed everything back and just got a call from manager that the grant has been awarded. It is certainly worth writing a formal complaint if you believe there has been mismanagement or negligence.

What part of the SLA did you quote?

Here is the document

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sara16

Im a first year and got awarded 100% fees and 50% adjacent maintenance. The letter said that they're not making any payments until they get a confirmation from my college about attendance and everything. So im just wondering if i have to do anything now or just sit back and wait for susi to pay my fees and for the money to show up in the bank account? :confused: Thanks!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

rawn wrote: »

July 8th here and still no sign. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,799 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

sara16 wrote: »
    Im a first year and got awarded 100% fees and 50% adjacent maintenance. The letter said that they're not making any payments until they get a confirmation from my college about attendance and everything. So im just wondering if i have to do anything now or just sit back and wait for susi to pay my fees and for the money to show up in the bank account? :confused: Thanks!:)

Possibly but its a good idea to make sure your college does send in attendance records!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

rawn wrote: »
    July 8th here and still no sign. :(

It may be that your college hasn't sent on confirmation of your attendance as yet. Hopefully they get on to you soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

Had documentation in for June 28 and got my acceptance letter last week

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭iiHyPeRize

I've been waiting since July 18th for final assessment. My brother was waiting since September 14 and his has been awarded. Maybe there doing people who went through CAO first?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

iiHyPeRize wrote: »
    I've been waiting since July 18th for final assessment. My brother was waiting since September 14 and his has been awarded. Maybe there doing people who went through CAO first?

I went through the CAO, waiting since July 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

I have one who's going into 2nd year and has been on Final Assessment since June 9th and another through CAO on Final Assessment since June 4th. So don't think there's any logic to how they're awarding :(

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭iiHyPeRize

Gosh wrote: »
    I have one who's going into 2nd year and has been on Final Assessment since June 9th and another through CAO on Final Assessment since June 4th. So don't think there's any logic to how they're awarding :(

Yeah, they've been saying for ages, the earlier you apply, the earlier it's dealt with. Well that's clearly not the case..

Yeah, they've been saying for ages, the earlier you apply, the earlier it's dealt with. Well that's clearly not the case..

Sorry to put you on a bigger downer but my daughter applied on 28 July, they received documents on 8th Sept and FCA less than 2 weeks ago. Status changed to awarded yesterday.

I honestly thought she would be last in line given the date application was made and I feel bad that there are still people desperately waiting for an answer. No logic to it at all.

I think they said that students that apply after the closing date of 1st August will not be dealt with at initial assessment stage until all students that applied before the closing date are initially assessed.
    Students that have applied before the closing are to take priority over those that applied late.
    Has anyone that applied after 1st August been awarded yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

Gosh wrote: »

The original applications went in on May 10th - October 10th will be 5 months since first applying ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Still waiting on them since 15th of august what's the hold up they were really quick last year ?!

• Advertisement

fergus1001 wrote: »
    Still waiting on them since 15th of august what's the hold up they were really quick last year ?!

If you only applied in the 15th August, you would not be a priority application. The closing date for priority applications was 1st August.

Advertisement