Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exercise in trinity

• 24-09-2014 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hi guys , i was wondering if anyone could tell me what i could do for exercise in trinity? theres not many green areas around the city to go and exercise. thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I haven't seen anybody do the Trinity exercise trail yet :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Ranger1994 wrote: »
    hi guys , i was wondering if anyone could tell me what i could do for exercise in trinity? theres not many green areas around the city to go and exercise. thanks!

What kind of exercise are you looking to do? There are plenty of Green areas around the city depending on where you're based.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Portomarino

You've already paid for the gym so you could use that. Apparently they want to increase the fees for that, jaysus...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

There's a lot of road races on in and around Dublin, if you're into running. Have a look at bhaa.ie

Also, the Phoenix Park is about an 8 minute cycle from Trinity, and accommodates almost every type of outdoor exercise I can think of. It's massive, and beautiful, and it has a teeny tiny cafe, and the President's house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

Also, the Phoenix Park is about an 8 minute cycle from Trinity

..what? It's at least 20, 25.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Probably 30 mins on a good day

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

Probably 30 mins on a good day

The only way to settle this is a race! I reckon 10 minutes would easily have you from College Green to Conyngham Road going at a nice pace.
    I do the far end of Inchicore in less than 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

Not many green areas in town me proverbial. Place is coming down with parks. One of the best: the Trinity campus. Clue's in the name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Fairly certain I used to walk from college to around Phoenix in about 30 minutes. Google maps says 13 minute cycle. Depends on what side of campus you're leaving from and at what time I suppose.

I cycle to college from St Patrick's cathedral, takes 15 mins. Phoenix Park is twice the distance (I stop at red lights)

• Advertisement

Ah here you'd get there in less than 30 minutes on a lame donkey! Maybe 8 is a bit optimistic, but I definitely do it in less than 15. Not the crux of the matter though - get to the park and exercise there.

Definitely the worst idea ever, cycle to Phoenix Park from Trinity on your break to exercise? Walking to to Merrion Square seems like a better option.

I didn't suggest cycling over on any break, I just suggested it as a good area in the city centre to exercise.

Dear god why am I defending this.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭uberalex

People run the circuit of the cricket pitch in Summer, but it's not permitted in winter to my knowledge.

Advertisement