Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Just Cause 2: Making List of All Problems, Glitches, Annoyances and Improvements

Options
  • 04-04-2010 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

As all fans of the Just Cause series know, the developers at Avalanche Studios and Eidos Interactive aren't exactly fantastic at ironing out glitches in their games. The new Just Cause has just as many glitches as the first one (edit: ok, maybe not...) and it looks like we were test drivers once again.

Hopefully, they are going to release a patch (FOR ALL PLATFORMS PLEASE!) for the game soon, and its our job to list the bugs, glitches and maybe even improvements to the game, so they may be applied to the game with the hopefully upcoming patch.

So, if you spot anything in the game, that looks really suspicious, stupid or just utterly ridiculous, (don't say 'the entire game') leave a comment on this page, I'll add it to my document I'm making on MS Word then send it onto the official Just Cause 2 forum Thread (which can be found here) as one big massive post that will fill the screen and at least catch someones attention!

I'm compiling a list of all glitches, bugs, annoyances and improvements for JC2 (just like that guys topic) and posting it on that topic I've linked above, so instead of one small post, from a million different users, I'll have one big post which covers about a page or so, gets most of the details covered and it saves people time in making an account on that forum etc. Plus the guy is more likely to notice my post if its massive. If you think it's worthwhile please post! :D

Please if possible list the the glitches etc. under the following headings like in the link above and below. To make it easier and more accessible to me and Cloudwolf (guy on Just Cause 2 forums).

Key

:eek: Big Annoyance- This MUST be fixed, as it does Noticeably detract from the fun factor of the game.

:mad: Annoyance- Same as above but slightly less game-breaking.

:( Bug- A part of the game that doesn't work as it was intended and needs to be fixed.

:rolleyes: Problem- A part of the game that works as intended But should be changed.

Heres an example of what I mean....

2 Big Annoyances:

Firstly I'm playing this on the Xbox 360 version of Just Cause 2. The Big Annoyance is for example if your at the corner of a tall building, and a helicopter fires a rocket at you, it hits you, and your sent into 'ragdoll mode'. If you bash a few buttons he soon recovers in mid air and then begins to free fall normally as if Rico had base jumped off the building. However occasionally a really bad annoyance happens and he recovers falling the wrong way (his body facing towards the sky, and not towards ground) usually he spins around in circles when this happens until he falls to his doom. This can be very annoying and happens often in my game.

Another big annoyance (which is more an improvement but should have been in the game) is that while crouching you can move (but obviously not run in this stance). I often die because I'm crouching behind cover but if I even try to move, he stands up, gets a bullet in the head and GAME OVER.

2 Bugs:

A bug that happens occasionally with the sound is kinda weird, sometimes when your talking to someone like Bolo Santosi (or whatever "the leader of the liberation army known as The Reapers!" is called with her amazing voice acting!) Her voice glitches and she repeats the same thing once or twice before it kicks back in normally again. This usually happens when you pause the game and return back to the game. This can happen at any time with any character but usually it happens after returning from the pause menu.

Another bug that happens is when Rico is gliding along with his parachute or free-falling and he grapples an object like a wall, tower, helicopter etc. behind him before it goes out of the screen, his whole upper body rotates 180 degrees with his legs remaining the right way, which makes for some very odd visuals and a pretty damn fine display on contortionism.

3 Problems:

My first problem that's in Just Cause 2 is that occasionally when firing any gun (very noticable on the Assault Rifle) Rico fires a few extra rounds even when you haven't got your finger on the trigger (Xbox 360 Controller with default controls) which can be annoying if you are trying to conserve ammo in the heat of battle. Also I notice that the controller continues to vibrate as well when it fires the extra 3 or 4 rounds without touching the trigger.

The second problem (well, its more of an improvement they should make!) is that the Panau City districts are practically empty in terms of cars, trucks etc, there's no traffic, and they don't seem as lively as I hoped them to be. There should more cars, more people walking (more people in suits getting to work!) and there should be cars beeping every five seconds because of the hustle and bustle of the town. Overall, just to patch up Panau City and make a more lively atmosphere!

The last problem is when a tower (like the ones in the enemy bases where soldiers and snipers are usually in) explode, the metal walkways and rubble that fall off are usually on fire. Sometimes these towers are close to rivers, lakes, the sea etc. and the bits and pieces fall into the rivers, the sea etc. If you jump into the water. The rubble and other pieces of twisted metal will still be on fire under the water which looks very odd.

Don't forget to proof read and check if your glitch, problem etc. has already been posted before you post.

Thanks for everything,

kevinf63.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The first just cause was shovel ware, and this one will be no different.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

Well I was going to buy this game but now it looks like I should leave it for a while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Kevinf63 wrote: »
    So, if you spot anything in the game, that looks really suspicious, stupid or just utterly ridiculous, (don't say 'the entire game') leave a comment on this page, I'll add it to my document I'm making on MS Word then send it onto the official Just Cause 2 forum Thread (which can be found here) as one big massive post that will fill the screen and at least catch someones attention!

I'd say they'll just have the same "tldr" response as me tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Iv had zero problems bar one cutscene on the PC so far. Nothing really that i think requires a patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Stev_o wrote: »
    Iv had zero problems bar one cutscene on the PC so far. Nothing really that i think requires a patch.

Same for me, games like this dont really get patched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

a) While I commend your enthusiasm, its a safe bet that the guys in Eidos are more likely to read their own forum than our corner of the world here.

b) Do you think we'll find a bug that isn't listed on the 28 pages of comments on that thread?

c) When people are listing bugs like "A historical error, in the game it states that the U.S's Panama invasion was in 1986 and in fact it was in 1989", I'm literally rolling my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Kevinf63

Stev_o wrote: »

Your lucky so far. I've had some crazy things that have happened to me but If I listed them all in my first it would really really be a "TLDR" situation. Look at the link that I have above to the Just Cause 2 forum thread. There must be about 40-50 pages or so of complaints (I'd say nearly half the posts are probably to same thing though).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Kevinf63 wrote: »
    Your lucky so far. I've had some crazy things that have happened to me but If I listed them all in my first it would really really be a "TLDR" situation. Look at the link that I have above to the Just Cause 2 forum thread. There must be about 40-50 pages or so of complaints (I'd say nearly half the posts are probably to same thing though).

Guessing you dont want a link to the op Flash 2 forum? Eidos made that too.

Now i think it of it honestly dont know of a non FM related game ever to be patched on PC that Eidos wre involved in.

They are so good they dont need patches :D

Mr E wrote: »
    a) While I commend your enthusiasm, its a safe bet that the guys in Eidos are more likely to read their own forum than our corner of the world here.

b) Do you think we'll find a bug that isn't listed on the 28 pages of comments on that thread?

c) When people are listing bugs like "A historical error, in the game it states that the U.S's Panama invasion was in 1986 and in fact it was in 1989", I'm literally rolling my eyes.

Okay, maybe that message was a bit long... I said in my first post that I was going to post all the glitches posted on this site onto the Just Cause 2 forum thread as one big post so it will be more noticeable.

Why are you being so negative? I'm only trying to help. And I'm well aware that some people are posting some comments on that forum, which would require for the devs to rework the a big piece of the background story, Which is prob not going to happen. But, its always worth giving it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I just found this amusing:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Thats is something that has seriously pissed me off, ok in real life planes cant actually reverse but this is hardly trying to be a realistic game is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Ok.

So you're saying the first one was full of bugs they didn't iron out and we shouldn't have to be beta testers.

So the solution is to meticulously joy down every bug, categorize them in a word document and send it back to developers.

Yeah that'll show them. Let's see them use us a beta testers again.....

The game is grand tbh, I've put 20 hours into it and haven't noticed any major bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Played through all the missions and I'm about 30% overall completed and didn't find any game breaking or repeating bugs. With a games the size of this bugs and glitches are never going to be eliminated and as far as I'm concerned that did a pretty good job on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Im 50% complete on this atm and yeah their are a few minor bugs...but personally I think your wasting your time OP, just relax and enjoy the game, sure it's not perfect, but if your that picky just stop playing until they release a patch...

Thanks to everyone who posted what they found overall. I know and agree, for the size of Panau, they did a good job however something's like getting stuck inside Buildings, freezing etc. where found in the last Just Cause. It was quite a train wreck of a game! But, it had a good idea underneath all the debris and rubble, it just wasn't polished enough. And well.... The new one isn't either! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

If you write a letter to the Managing Director of Avalanche Studios, I'm pretty sure he'll compensate you for finding such serious bugs in two of the most ambitious games ever made.

Advertisement