Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2014 World Grand Prix

• 06-04-2014 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭

Priority tickets on sale this Thursday and on general sale Monday the 14th.

Friday again this year for me anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,713 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

what are the chances of getting 4 table tickets for the quarter finals on the general sale. will they sell out fast

i missed out on signing up for the priority sale so wont have the chance to buy tickets early

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

PTH2009 wrote: »
    what are the chances of getting 4 table tickets for the quarter finals on the general sale. will they sell out fast

i missed out on signing up for the priority sale so wont have the chance to buy tickets early

You'll have no bother getting table tickets but to get decent ones get in as early as you can.

Friday night is easily the best with the quarter finals and the fact its a weekend night, but I'd recommend checking out the Monday or Tuesday as well if you can, tickets are half the price of Friday and you get to see 8 games so plenty of different players.

Will miss it this year for the first time in yonks as the missus due date is around that time

KevIRL wrote: »
    You'll have no bother getting table tickets but to get decent ones get in as early as you can.

Friday night is easily the best with the quarter finals and the fact its a weekend night, but I'd recommend checking out the Monday or Tuesday as well if you can, tickets are half the price of Friday and you get to see 8 games so plenty of different players.

Will miss it this year for the first time in yonks as the missus due date is around that time

would love to be able to check out the 1st round nights but travelling up from Waterford a few times a week or affording the hotel fee is hard enough. Ill be up for work early monday morning so ill try for tickets then

I drove up from watrrford with a pal last year for the monday night. Drove straight back after and was home by 1am. Very doable

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Tickets in the bag for Friday.

Row G, Table 6.

Cant wait already.

Glad my missus is due in August Kev ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I got mine sorted too. They are selling very fast, the front 8 rows already sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Cormacs72

How much are the tickets for Friday night? Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

They're €38.50 including booking fee if you buy before June 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I got mine sorted too. They are selling very fast, the front 8 rows already sold.

Whaymt nights you going in?

mackeire wrote: »
    Whaymt nights you going in?

The Friday night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Kingp35 wrote: »
    The Friday night

wear armor :D

friday seems to be sold out, nothing coming up for tickets that night

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Cormacs72

friday seems to be sold out, nothing coming up for tickets that night

Yeah I rang them and they said they sold out in priority booking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Cormacs72 wrote: »
    Yeah I rang them and they said they sold out in priority booking

Fellas - seems like there are some available now - be quick

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

Friday night sorted. Took ages for Friday tickets to come up. Rang the Ticket line to be told all sold out :eek:. Started to head for a longneck in the fridge with the shock and depression. Took a chance and tried online a few minutes later and got them. Get in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

just got 6 tickets for table seat r on pdc site for friday
    nearly forgot all bout it!

missed out on getting the friday tickets so got 4 for the thursday night instead and then they put the friday ones on sale.

A bit annoyed but happy to be going to any of the nights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Hi guys,

I'm hoping to attend for the first time this year. I'm trying to get a group of friends to go as we've been planning on going for a good while. Do tickets for Thursday night sell out quickly? I'll book ASAP but trying to get money off people will take me a few days.

robman60 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm hoping to attend for the first time this year. I'm trying to get a group of friends to go as we've been planning on going for a good while. Do tickets for Thursday night sell out quickly? I'll book ASAP but trying to get money off people will take me a few days.

You should be ok for a bit for the Thursday night, it's the Friday night that is the only night to sell out quickly.

Hi lads,

I have 6 tickets spare for the Friday night, table seats too :)

Let me know if anyone wants them, cost price, 275

Tks

• Advertisement

what row mate?

Block L Row 13 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

hey all, myself and my mates got tkts for the friday two days ago, i got 6 and they got 4, we are rear table so they are still available

you are prob up in the tiers mate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Just booked 10 tickets for the Thursday night! Will be my first time going, hopefully I'll be in college in Dublin next year too if the LC goes well, so travelling should be convenient. :)

Two tix for Friday night for sale, PM if interested.

Hi i am staying in the hotel on thursday 09 oct for the 2nd night of round 2 and have a few questions

is there a residents bar or do residents get to stay in the main bar a while longer ??

when will the draw for the tournament be ???

Do the players stay in the same hotel ??

Hi i am staying in the hotel on thursday 09 oct for the 2nd night of round 2 and have a few questions

is there a residents bar or do residents get to stay in the main bar a while longer ??

when will the draw for the tournament be ???

Do the players stay in the same hotel ??

Going by experience of the Friday the last few years

- Only residents with a card are allowed into the hotel bar after the darts it does stay open late
    - Draw should be sometime soon
    - Yep players tend to stay in the hotel and you'll often see them walking about the place during the day and early evening

Enjoy, its a great night, although personally prefer the Friday to the rest. Worth considering the Monday and Tuesday too, cheap and with 8 games you get to see plenty of players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

ByFyzP9CYAE-TZG.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

More messing with the format.

Semis now best of 7 sets and the final best of 9.

Stupid considering the prize money on offer, best of 5 change for the quarters a few years ago annoyed the crap out of me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement