Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby - Spoilers inside

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

GodlessM wrote: »
    It was no different in the originals. RBY had 4, GSC had 5, then all of a sudden RSE had like 10.

There are now 52 legendary Pokémon, assuming the unreleased are normal Pokémon otherwise it's higher again. That means a living Pokédex would average out at two legendary per box. Out of those 52, maybe 10 are worthwhile. The rest are just there to inflate numbers.

I didn't want to single out RSE as I'm already critical enough of those games but it was the point where they lost the run of themselves. DPPlt and BW just made it worse. They should never have added more than 5 per region. XY was a vast improvement so hopefully that is a sign of things to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jc4517

Got an eon ticket! Walking around Grafton street area with your 3ds on gets you a metric **** ton of streetpass hits

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Woohoo! Eon Ticket!
    I have a sneaking suspicion I got it from just turning on WiFi, as I noticed the notifier while sitting on the couch at 11pm, but it may have been there from earlier in the day. Either way, W00t! (is w00t still a thing?)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

In the spirit of giving, I'm sending out a bunch of 4 and 5 IV pokémon on wonder trade today, like Zorua, Froakie, and Gligar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Started AS earlier. Not too far into it though as my Treecko is only level 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Started OR yesterday. Now have a level 40 Sceptile and heading for the 7th gym. I feel like I did at Christmas 98 when I got a GameBoy Colour and Blue version, devoting most of the 2 days to the game. Sad as it may seem, I love it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ah now, I wouldn't say it's sad :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

Anyone buy a guide yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Just did a Nuzlocke run through of alpha sapphire... not too difficult really, but defo harder than X/Y. Here are the rules I used:

1. Use a Number Randomiser to randomly select the 6 pokemon I would use in the game - (Grimer[Muk], Rhyperior, Huntail, Zangoose, Golbat[Crobat], Golem)

2. Battle mode set to SHIFT

3. Using the same amount of Pokémon as the gym leaders.

4. No using heal items in battle

5. No pokemon held items

6. Level limited as follows:
    Gym 1: 12
    Gym 2: 15
    Gym 3: 19
    Gym 4: 26
    Gym 5: 28
    Gym 6: 33
    Gym 7: 44
    Gym 8: 46
    Elite 4: 55

7. No using Pokémarts

8. No catching Pokémon not pre-determined

Time: 37:44

Fair play to you, that's a lot more rules than I'd usually follow going into a 'locke run!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I picked up Alpha Sapphire yesterday and I'm doing a proper Nuzlocke run this time. I've already lost Groot the Treecko. My additional rules are:

1. Due to their rarity, Max Revives are allowed.
    2. Dead Pokemon must be wonder traded ASAP. Because of that, I'm quite worried about my Shiny Beldum.

Well most Nuzlockes do allow for a slight bending of the rules when it comes to shinies, so keeping it wouldn't be cheating if you don't use it when it's KO'd :P

The rules of Nuzlocke allow you to keep Shiny pokemon

It was a wondercard- you should never have accepted it!

Nuzlocke allows for anything you're comfortable with. Graveyard boxes, trading shineys to other games, releasing any pokemon that looks at you funny. Its up to you man!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

This Delta episode is incredibly boring. It just feels so dragged out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    This Delta episode is incredibly boring. It just feels so dragged out.

Thank heavens I'm not the only one who thought that.

I was so bored I caught rayquasa with the master ball to try speed it up ... And then who bloody turns up but deoxys :rolleyes:

So of course I had to turn it off, caught rayquasa the traditional way and fecked the master ball at deoxys ... I made a cup of tea while All the long winded cut scenes were playing.

To long and too much hoping from one place to another just to do grunt battle over grunt battle again and again ...

Why do the credits have to be 10 mins long........... I mean come on, we just gave up hours to get through the game and then they make us sit through those blasted credits of names no one can pronounce!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭PhilBill

Possibly the worst remake of a Pokemon game to date. Ruby and Sapphire were my favorite GBA games but damnnnn these remakes were useless! Just my opinion tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

T0001 wrote: »
    Why do the credits have to be 10 mins long........... I mean come on, we just gave up hours to get through the game and then they make us sit through those blasted credits of names no one can pronounce!!!

Wort part it can't be skipped nor can you turn off your ds because you'll be brought back to when you just bet Steven .... :rolleyes:

Just so you know, though it's too late now: if you had beaten Deoxys without catching it, then all you had to do was battle the E4 again, and then Deoxys would have reappeared at the top of Sky Pillar.

• Advertisement

I think the Delta episode was a response to complaints about the lack of adventure post elite4 in X/Y. The games have gotten ridiciously easy this generation. While Im happy to see the Exp. Share working on al party pokemon, I think gym leaders and such should be much more challenging. Why not use pokemon with dual types in gyms early on and I don't mean geodude!!! Why could Brawly not of had a Combusken tather than a Machop? Look at the pokemon they could have given Norman, but they decide to give hima Vigoroth and 2 Slaking??

To be fair, if you don't see it coming those Slaking can be a nightmare. It's a great pokémon stats-wise, just with a deplorable ability. I think one of the main things that's let me down about the games though is that there's no way to re-battle the Gym Leaders like in Emerald. Overall though, I found the games very enjoyable (hence the fact that I've bought both).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

How does one get an Eon Ticket? Is it through random Wifi events?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

How does one get an Eon Ticket? Is it through random Wifi events?

Street pass with someone who has it I think

Keep connecting to WiFi. Not sure how many times a day you can do it, but at least once a day the game will let you get up to 30 Streetpass Hits by connecting to WiFi connection using the PSS. And if one of those has an Eon ticket, you're golden. If not... wait 8 hours or so. That's the cool down on normal Streetpasses. Otherwise, wait a day.

Open the PlayNav (on the touchscreen it's the screen with 3 horizontal stripes, yellow, pink and green)
    Open the PSS - the Yellow section at the top
    Hit the Wifi icon, or access any Wifi-using functions (GTS, wondertrade etc)
    Wait ages.
    Once you're connected a whole bunch of "Passers by" from around the world will appear - these are your hits. If they're lit up you can send them O Powers (little boosts to various game functions) to help them (and to level up your O Powers' abilities!), initiate battles and offer trades.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭brianorourke

Banjo wrote: »
    Keep connecting to WiFi. Not sure how many times a day you can do it, but at least once a day the game will let you get up to 30 Streetpass Hits by connecting to WiFi connection using the PSS. And if one of those has an Eon ticket, you're golden. If not... wait 8 hours or so. That's the cool down on normal Streetpasses. Otherwise, wait a day.

Open the PlayNav (on the touchscreen it's the screen with 3 horizontal stripes, yellow, pink and green)
    Open the PSS - the Yellow section at the top
    Hit the Wifi icon, or access any Wifi-using functions (GTS, wondertrade etc)
    Wait ages.
    Once you're connected a whole bunch of "Passers by" from around the world will appear - these are your hits. If they're lit up you can send them O Powers (little boosts to various game functions) to help them (and to level up your O Powers' abilities!), initiate battles and offer trades.

Wow I didn't know it could be online either. Makes mine feel a whole lot less special but great to get it nonetheless!

Looks like a Hoopa event will be coming at some point so.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sharmander

Yyyaaayyyyy, it'll be nice to have the chance to have a Hoopa that isn't hacked!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

im sure we wil get it just like diance

• Advertisement

im sure we wil get it just like diance
    I'm hopeful they'll realise how awkward that was, and it'll just be a wifi event like the Beldum.

Advertisement