Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Invincible

dahat wrote: »
    Indeed,refund has been advanced as well. Likely get same agwin but with different firmware.
    There is a seller in a Facebook group I'm on for the M8 box and he will flash better firmware on it so will likely buy from him.UK resident.

Best of luck with it!
    I remember you mentioned that Facebook group before, xbmc orientated.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Invincible wrote: »
    Best of luck with it!
    I remember you mentioned that Facebook group before, xbmc orientated.

In 2/3 of them,some are quite good and informative with plenty people to bounce stuff off.
    Have been assured this box and ROM are up to scratch so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dropzone

Hey everyone I'm looking for a bit of advice. I have been running xbmc from my laptop for over a year now and I want to get an android box to do it for me now. I don't have a tv that has hdmi so can anyone recommend a descent android box with an av output that's future proof for the next while at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

dropzone wrote: »
    Hey everyone I'm looking for a bit of advice. I have been running xbmc from my laptop for over a year now and I want to get an android box to do it for me now. I don't have a tv that has hdmi so can anyone recommend a descent android box with an av output that's future proof for the next while at least.

USB port or anything on the TV?

Im getting this one in and from what I can see it supports AV

http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_67807.html

• Advertisement

No usb on the TV too, it's an older tv in my bedroom just want a box for streaming movies and late night NFL matches.

That box looks great everything I want and at a good price too. What's your experience with that website with regards to delivery time?

No usb on the TV too, it's an older tv in my bedroom just want a box for streaming movies and late night NFL matches.

That box looks great everything I want and at a good price too. What's your experience with that website with regards to delivery time?

Bought a phone from them and they where great, took a little bit extra but that was because of a holiday over there.....

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Bought a phone from them and they where great, took a little bit extra but that was because of a holiday over there.....

Thanks very much for your help. Going to order one this evening.

Anybody using the M8 or M8N box there is now a ROM available which has seemingly solved a lot of issues with the box.
    1080 playback and WiFi issues among others but the Bluetooth is not working on it.

Will put a link up later but it is done by Mediaman afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,511 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Folks ,mate of mine emailed today wondering about what box to buy.He wants it preloaded and wont do it himself even though I have said I will help him with it.
    Just wondering can anyone recommend a site/seller that will have all the main apps loaded on them ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

yabadabado wrote: »
    Folks ,mate of mine emailed today wondering about what box to buy.He wants it preloaded and wont do it himself even though I have said I will help him with it.
    Just wondering can anyone recommend a site/seller that will have all the main apps loaded on them ?

Adverts?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,511 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Allyall wrote: »
    Adverts?
    Might be an option but he isn't living in Ireland so I was sorta looking for a more reliable seller than adverts.
    Maybe something of amazon ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Might be an option but he isn't living in Ireland so I was sorta looking for a more reliable seller than adverts.
    Maybe something of amazon ?

Done deal.

I have been talking to a guy from Satbox.ie through a Facebook group. He does a range of sat boxes and has bricks n mortar shop on Waterford.
    He seemed quiet a decent chap so maybe try him.

Or Droidsticks in the UK, I have used their wizard to set up a box and it's spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Has any Minix x8 owners updated to the new beta v9 firmware yet. Looking for feedback on it. I'm on beta v2 at the minute and find it just OK but probably the best one out at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭JTMan

I am very happy with my Minix Neo X8-H box that I purchased from Amazon here. One of my best tech purchases in a while.

Another question. Is there any way to get XBMC to automatically launch when you turn on the Minix box? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

dahat wrote: »
    Anybody using the M8 or M8N box there is now a ROM available which has seemingly solved a lot of issues with the box.
    1080 playback and WiFi issues among others but the Bluetooth is not working on it.

Will put a link up later but it is done by Mediaman afaik.

I'm on the Minix X8, would be interested in that link

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

JTMan wrote: »
    I am very happy with my Minix Neo X8-H box that I purchased from Amazon here. One of my best tech purchases in a while.

Another question. Is there any way to get XBMC to automatically launch when you turn on the Minix box? Thanks.

Xbmc launcher From the play store.

threein99 wrote: »
    I'm on the Minix X8, would be interested in that link

Don't think its for the MINIX.

Ste- wrote: »
    Xbmc launcher From the play store.

Thanks.

After you install the XBMC Launcher app and set it as the "always" launcher is there a way to get to the Minix launch-page when required?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Thanks.

After you install the XBMC Launcher app and set it as the "always" launcher is there a way to get to the Minix launch-page when required?

Program addons then android apps in xbmc. Launch settings then go to apps clear defaults on xbmc launcher.

Ste- wrote: »
    Program addons then android apps in xbmc. Launch settings then go to apps clear defaults on xbmc launcher.

Thanks. The full path is:
    XBMC --> Programmes --> Android Apps --> Settings Mbox --> Other --> More settings --> Apps --> [Scroll to the right at the top] --> All --> XMBC Launch --> Clear defaults.

Is there any way to turn subtitles off for all videos? I can see how to do it for each video but I cannot find a global setting.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Is there any way to turn subtitles off for all videos? I can see how to do it for each video but I cannot find a global setting.

Thanks.

Yes when you set the subtitles off,scroll down to the bottom of that page and apply for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Just saw the mail from AliExpress about the order closure and refund (in next 7-10 days).

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Just saw the mail from AliExpress about the order closure and refund (in next 7-10 days).

Got the same this morning

bazzz wrote: »
    Yes when you set the subtitles off,scroll down to the bottom of that page and apply for all.

Thanks but I don't understand.

i do not see a "apply to all" option in the settings section nor in the video play back section. Where is it? Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Thanks but I don't understand.

i do not see a "apply to all" option in the settings section nor in the video play back section. Where is it? Cheers.

When you're watching a video move the courser the menu bar that pops up at the bottom click on the video reel on the right hand side. Disable subtitles then set as default for all videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I bought 4 Minnix X8H boxes & had problems with them in my bedroom only,the X8 would crash after 10 mins or sometimes longer,after a lot of switching boxes back & forth & 2 Months later,I found the problem,the X8H is not compatible with Toshiba TV's,I have 2 Toshiba's & it crashed with both of them.Works perfect with all the other TV's in the house.
    Any explanation would be appreciated or is it just one of those mysteries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭randombar

I bought 4 Minnix X8H boxes & had problems with them in my bedroom only,the X8 would crash after 10 mins or sometimes longer,after a lot of switching boxes back & forth & 2 Months later,I found the problem,the X8H is not compatible with Toshiba TV's,I have 2 Toshiba's & it crashed with both of them.Works perfect with all the other TV's in the house.
    Any explanation would be appreciated or is it just one of those mysteries.

That's some great debugging there, minix upstairs crashing too didn't know what was going on. TV is Toshiba too :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement