Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy S GT-19000 won't switch on.

Options
  • 12-02-2013 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

My samsung phone will not switch on. It looks as if it is starting up as the name of the phone appears on the screen but then it disappears and after a few seconds comes back so its as if it is caught in a loop.

I have tried removing the battery and putting it back but it still won't work.

Any ideas ?

Mark S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

before this happened had you installed any new apps? or updated any?

are you using stock android or a custom rom?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭markst33

Nope, I had not installed anything and I am using standard android, nothing special. Its wasn't dropped, didn't get wet nothing obvious.

Tried hooking it up to laptop and getting Kies to reset it but Kies can't see it now.

download Odin (can't remember the version but i'm sure someone will reply)

hook it up then and see if that recognises it (i never trust kies)

btw sorry for horrible short replies, quite tender after a session and stuck at work, i'll have a better reply later!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭markst33

Cheers,

i have downloaded Odin and installed it. I have hooked my phone up but I don't think its seeing it. I am not really sure what I should be doing here.

markst33 wrote: »
    Cheers,

i have downloaded Odin and installed it. I have hooked my phone up but I don't think its seeing it. I am not really sure what I should be doing here.

ok so what you need is odin3 1.7 (version number shouldn't matter but when messing with phones its best to stick to whats been told.

Disconnect your phone if it’s connected to PC. Then Switch it Off. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off. (you can probably skip this as its off anyway)

put the Galaxy S in “Download Mode” — press and hold these keys together: Volume_DOWN+Home+Power until a screen saying ‘Download Mode’ comes up. (relax we aren't doing anything just checking if its working)

open odin and now connect the phone to the PC. You should get the message “Added! !” under the Odin’s message box in the bottom left.

to get out of download mode iirc just remove the battery or power off.

by going through these steps we'll at least see if the phone is fried or something else

• Advertisement
Advertisement