Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sick of lack of pokemon activities in ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cakemonkey

thanks. that equals about 90 euro yeah? ive already got 30 euro towards it. I was going to have to order from trollandtoad, but thats way to expensive,what with shipping and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Nah it's telling me about €110 after postage. €110 for 37 packs works out at like 2.97 per pack, which is better than gamestop anyway, but it's just a shocking amount of money to part with in one go :P

nearly 20 euro in sythms ill stick to the games b2w2 in october :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Are they actually UK based? I'l be back in the UK soon enough, might get them delivered there. Cheaper delivery.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Are they actually UK based? I'l be back in the UK soon enough, might get them delivered there. Cheaper delivery.

Yeah I did that once.

• Advertisement

Yeah I did that once.
    would the postage be cheaper to northern ireland? im pretty sure my grandad wont mind taking the box in for a while.
    also, anyone have old games they dont want anymore? ill gladly take them off your hands.

Yeah I did that once.
    would the postage be cheaper to northern ireland? im pretty sure my grandad wont mind taking the box in for a while.
    also, anyone have old games they dont want anymore? ill gladly take them off your hands.

It says postage is £3 to Northern Ireland, which yeah is cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Northern Ireland is considered part of the UK not Ireland. Daft really...

Same postage company though. But yeah, it is daft.

• Advertisement

dunno how im meant to get another 70 euro. anybody have ideas? and, if I sold some pokemon art at the league, would anybody buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Write some blurb and a couple of moves under the picture, then laminate it - someone might mistake it for a super-rare giant card and give you hundreds of quids for it.

by the way - have you looked at Parcel Motel as a solution for shipping to the north and getting it shipped down here?

Banjo wrote: »
    Write some blurb and a couple of moves under the picture, then laminate it - someone might mistake it for a super-rare giant card and give you hundreds of quids for it.

by the way - have you looked at Parcel Motel as a solution for shipping to the north and getting it shipped down here?
    no, but tbh, its easier having family take it in for a few days. less chance of it being lost.

Okay, right, serious question. would anybody be interested in buying pokemon art? i was thinking maybe seven to ten euro per picture on canvas, and three to five for paper.

would you buy any artwork if i was selling it? i would do ones like the starters, dragon pokemon, mew and mewtwo, legendaries, etc.
    perhaps 5-6 euro per picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Sorry dude. I have no money, no wall space and no particularly impressive way of getting my wife to accept the idea of hanging pokemon artwork round the house.

If you want to make money out of it, sketch out some softcore Lopunny-on-Mewtwo action. You'll find an audience online...

also, if you want to sell then use Adverts.ie, not boards...

Sorry dude. I have no money, no wall space and no particularly impressive way of getting my wife to accept the idea of hanging pokemon artwork round the house.

If you want to make money out of it, sketch out some softcore Lopunny-on-Mewtwo action. You'll find an audience online...

also, if you want to sell then use Adverts.ie, not boards...
    I was using boards cause People I will actually see IRL at the league cant complain about not getting it in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 aismac

I have a 9 year old who's crazy about Pokemon - DS games and figures. Hasn't done much with cards though. From reading your posts I can't figure out if the Tuesday meets are suitable for him or not? He's very bright but it says the age group is 16-24 though elsewhere it says that some young kids go along...I think. Any guidance please? He'd love just to talk to someone else about Pokemon - no one in his class is into it.

Thanks for any help,

Ais.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Hey Ais, we get a good few younger members during the summer months, and a fair amount of us play the DS games. He'd be more than welcome to come down, and he'd probably get a kick out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 aismac

Thanks a million Urizen. We'll see you next Tuesday! We (he) may just lurk at first. Thanks, Ais.

• Advertisement

aismac wrote: »
    Thanks a million Urizen. We'll see you next Tuesday! We (he) may just lurk at first. Thanks, Ais.

Hi Ais, he'd be welcome to come, just so you know we have a prerelease event for the trading card game on Tuesday for a new set which he's more than welcome to attend. It costs 30 euro but he'd get 8 booster packs of cards and cool stuff for participating. Then we'll have the regular league afterwards :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 George_Foreman

This post has been deleted.

He shouldn't have been trying to sell in a general forum :p I assume your referring to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

Any mod wanna lock this?? I'd just like to point out to anyone new to this thread, anyone who is sick of a lack of pokémon activities in Ireland is deaf dumb and blind. We have a full OP program now :)

We sure do. And it rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

xD this thread reminded me of this scene. I stopped collecting Pokemon cards back in 2000 surprised they are still popular

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ciaracool200

i hate that there isn't any pokemon stuff outside of dublin and i live in kerry so there is low chance of me going there.please gamefreak give us more #pokemonireland

Its not up to game freak, its up to you and people in Kerry to organise things. You have enough people for league and various events, the pokemon company should supply with badges, promo cards, etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, we have a small set up in Galway, a few of us just organised to meet up once a week and play. Granted, I'm the only one that really follows the TCG so really all we do is the video game stuff. All we have is a facebook group and a place to meet up, but it suits us.

• Advertisement

https://www.facebook.com/groups/87668007454/

Join group here, find Kerry based people, set up league, have events.

Advertisement