Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Here's One I Made Earlier... (Creative Arts thread)

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

; to be inspired, rather than discouraged, because I can improve to that extent too provided I keep trying and I don't give up during the many instances when I feel frustrated with my drawing ability. Anyway, I'll sh'up now. But please post arts - post all the arts!

Yeah, I'm just in a bit of a funk with regards to drawing right now, trying to change the way I draw a bit, isn't working out that well, but I should have more time to work on it over the holidays.

And thanks for the kind words about the song, people seem to like it, so that's inspiring me to neglect my drawing and make more music. Guess you can't have it all going for you at once!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

My masterpiece :cool:

Or 10 minutes well spent at least..!

Yeah, I know the floor should be hoovered but whatever... We get lazy in college :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

My masterpiece :cool:

Or 10 minutes well spent at least..!

Yeah, I know the floor should be hoovered but whatever... We get lazy in college :P

This is so cool! Hats off to the best piece of procrastination I've ever seen!:cool::P

_meehan_ wrote: »
    This is so cool! Hats off to the best piece of procrastination I've ever seen!:cool::P

:pac: Thanks! No great skill required, it's fantastic! :p I went and made another one this morning actually which wasted some more time... I really must start studying properly soon... :\

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'll be posting the 100th poem of my poetry blog around midnight tonight. Any posters here want to help me drum up a bit of publicity with re-tweets or Facebook shares?

/shameless self-promotion

• Advertisement

I'll be posting the 100th poem of my poetry blog around midnight tonight. Any posters here want to help me drum up a bit of publicity with re-tweets or Facebook shares?

/shameless self-promotion

I wee-tweeted, and read it, good poem, fair play for writing a hundred of them!

In the last few months I've realised my drawing needed a re-vamp, as it was getting rather lazy, so I took a break and wanted to start with a bit more purpose during the summer. Here's two sketches I've done of late:

scan0001.jpg

And in anticipation of Prometheus:
    scan0002.jpg

However, I'm still unrelentingly my goofy self, and so a few doodles like these make their way into my note pad:

K-Ren0003.png

foreveralon0001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I don't often post here anymore, but I thought I'd share this with ye. Just wrote it there while I was thinking about somebody I'll been the source of a lot of trouble for.

I leave awkwardly each morning,
    No kiss goodbye, no parting embrace,
    Guilt overcoming my animal instincts,
    A longing glance upon your face.

I never wanted to hurt you or lead you astray,
    No malice in my intentions, despite the pain I've brought,
    I tell myself I should stop, that I'll only hurt you again,
    But lust always sweeps away such thoughts.

I am not wicked-minded, my hearts not made of stone,
    Yet I could avoid such heartbreak and I simply won't,
    Once more you'll cry and I'll walk away coldly,
    Because you want me to love you and I don't.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Those last two lines are powerful. Very, very nice.

Thanks IO, means a lot coming from C&H's resident poet!

scan0003.jpg

I find coral reefs really interesting (yeah, weird thing to be interested in, I LOVE WHO I AM OKAY) so here's my interpretation of one.

• Advertisement

Posted this in the Creative Writing forum but I thought I'd put i here as well...

They lie empty for much of the year,
    But not yet abandoned,
    Curious practices remain, tribal rituals persevere
    Clung to in hope of something more,
    Or in the face of our oldest fear,
    Yet in Mays spate of first communions,
    This spiritual remnant takes material forms,
    A gilded display of hollow indulgence,
    A bag of silver above the crown of thorns,
    As few of the tribe now follow its creed
    For good or for bad, they reject its demands,
    Clinging to spiritual opiate they need,
    The moral dictates of bishops,
    Ignored in a society half-free,

Yet the tribe clings to its rituals,
    A national legacy stubbornly defended,
    Amidst the wrapping into Britain’s fold,
    Religion and race linked tightly together,
    The green, white and orange with the white and gold,
    The way things are done, the way its always been,
    A tribe in the grip of conformity’s hold,
    Unlike those before me I can choose to dissent,
    Exiled in spirit, but in body I remain,
    And when I walk by churches
    Or by the headstones grey,
    I feel as though I trespass,
    On the ancient tribes domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I recently wrote a piece and posted it in the Creative writing forum. I'll link to it here. :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79119050&postcount=1

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Not sure if it belongs here but this is "one I made earlier" :) it's just a hobby I do in the back garden with basic hand tools and like most artists no money :D

IMG_5035-1.jpg

SonyCameraJulyAug2010202.jpg

DSC00718.jpg

Did you build that boat?!?! :eek:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Did you build that boat?!?! :eek:

yep :D there is a little video of the build and launch above and a slide show of the one I am building at the moment. Cheers.

I also have a link here if anyone wants to talk about building one http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055963665

fergal.b wrote: »
    yep :D there is a little video of the build and launch above and a slide show of the one I am building at the moment. Cheers.

That's really impressive! Well done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

I don't do creative writing as such (I've an idea for a novel in my head but don't have the patience to execute it.) but one thing I like doing every so often is blogging, which is sorta like creative writing. I try and inject humour into stuff I write, though I have quite an odd sense of humour so I don't know how well it translates. Any feedback I've gotten has been (mostly) positive though.

Anyway here's a little piece I did right before the Euros (bit too long to post up so I'll just link it here): http://mynameismrsnrub.wordpress.com/2012/06/10/euro-2012-a-bluffers-guide/

Would love to keep going with it. Just need to figure out more stuff to write about. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Here's some old drawings of mine :) Apologies about the terrible picture quality

http://bazinga-n.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=scraps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I don't do creative writing as such (I've an idea for a novel in my head but don't have the patience to execute it.) but one thing I like doing every so often is blogging, which is sorta like creative writing. I try and inject humour into stuff I write, though I have quite an odd sense of humour so I don't know how well it translates. Any feedback I've gotten has been (mostly) positive though.

Anyway here's a little piece I did right before the Euros (bit too long to post up so I'll just link it here): http://mynameismrsnrub.wordpress.com/2012/06/10/euro-2012-a-bluffers-guide/

Would love to keep going with it. Just need to figure out more stuff to write about. :)

I lol'd :pac: Nicely done. Also, I had that Championship Manager game from the Cheerios box too!

spacedout0001.jpg

I call this one SPACED OUT MAN.

• Advertisement

Something of a mile-stone for me tonight! :) I just posted this to my poetry blog as my 150th poem.

View From A Train Window

Ivy-strangled trees,
    Patches of thistle,
    Tire-tracks in the mud
    On tractor-land,
    Calves learning to run,
    Old horses tethered
    To older out-houses,
    Gaps in the corrugated
    Roofs above mossy walls,
    Ditches dry
    After a sunny week,
    Empty barns
    And rusting gates,
    Bare boughs between
    Harvest-ready conifers,
    Gravel patches and
    Piles of stone chippings,
    Fallow fields,
    Unsteady fences,
    Rolling hills,
    A flapping hooded crow,
    Sheep resting together,
    White blossoms
    Over yellow bushes,
    Felled logs and
    Chopped branches stacked high,
    All beyond these shuddering windows,
    All beneath this grey March sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Supermensch

I made a Danbo-esq speaker a while back. It works as a speaker, a little tin-ey, I wouldn't seriously use it to play music, but there you go.

BeFunky_IMG_00000083.jpg

First YouTube video in over two and a half years! :) A little bit o' Gaeilge, a capella.

tumblr_mgr1edn22p1s3r4bno1_1280.png

I got my graphics tablet this morning, but only got a chance to test it out late tonight. Here's a lil' summin I did with it. I'm really looking forward to doing more things with it now.

ps. i love necro-bumping in the night

I <3 this thread. Mostly because Agnostic Mantis keeps putting cool stuff in it.

I recorded this in September, for the laugh.

734404_10151243364272309_1663060437_n.jpg

For all you "Django Unchained" fans out thurr on boards, here's a poster I donned called "Candie's Second Business Proposal".

C'mon, you whippersnappers better start getting more creative, who's going to continue this thread's great tradition when I die in some kind of hilariously horrible fishing incident. Don't just sit around eating ice-cream off your bellies, do something! For example, I'm getting into .gif art, which is a thing.

tumblr_mosptib6mP1s3r4bno1_500.gif

Oh, I've done this! :D Kind of..!

Wouldn't go so far as to call it art, more 'playing around with photoshop' than art:

tumblr_m57d2lPcef1rnuthpo1_400.gif

This was part of the most vivid dream I've had like ever! So, cause.. like.. When the star exploded into green-ness, big rocks started falling from the sky. I'd been on a beach with my friends when I decided I'd go for a walk. The water was about knee height all around, and it stretched for miles like this. It was warm too... Anyway these big rocks started falling from the space all around me and it was kinda cool and then my alarm rang and I had to go to school. I remember that... Bad...

tumblr_m5inmzZh401rnuthpo1_400.gif

Sure ye'll have a little read of a poem I wrote!
    In Security

He bid me a good day
    And crossed the road
    Through a gap in the traffic
    To hand out an armful of leaflets
    To the strangers gathered waiting
    At the bus-stop by the park,

His shirt un-tucked, half-buttoned,
    Perhaps once of a similar colour
    To the uniforms at the shop tills inside
    But now faded and stained and hanging
    Over ragged baggy tracksuit bottoms
    With keys and chain banging at his knee,

And two security guards stood
    Shouting and laughing by the shop doors,
    "He's totally loopy in the head!"
    And pointing their warning fingers
    At the poor retreating madman,
    Menace and malice in their smiles,

Clenched fists insisting that he stop
    Taking leaflets from their shop,

Or else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

This was the next best thing to painting them directly onto the wall I was physically capable of. The hand and foot prints just seemed a fun idea at the time :Dhttp://s1077.photobucket.com/user/GaufrePourOrlag/media/DSCF4032_zpsd685cd95.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Advertisement