Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

• 18-03-2009 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Emma Atkins is to make a shock comeback to Emmerdale as Charity Tate later this year as part of the ITV soap's major overhaul.

The 33-year-old, who played the role for five years between 2000 and 2005, is the first in a wave of "stunning new signings" that will inject a new lease of life into the show when it's revamped over the coming months.

The announcement comes two months after producers revealed that Jeff Hordley was returning to the soap as Charity's cousin and former lover, Cain Dingle.

Cain reappears in Emmerdale in April and Charity is due to return with her five-year-old son Noah in a blaze of glory shortly afterwards, to the shock of her daughter Debbie (Charley Webb).

Speaking of her decision to reprise her role, she said: "Charity is a wonderfully complex character and an absolute joy to play. I couldn't resist the opportunity to explore a new era of Charity, Cain and Debbie and will relish seeing what she's been up to since we saw her last."

Series producer Gavin Blyth added: "It's going to be an incredibly exciting year for Emmerdale with Charity and Cain back at the heart of the action.

"This is the first in a series of new signings and intriguing characters on the horizon and we're going to delight in reminding viewers that when it comes to compelling drama and commanding characters, Emmerdale is a force to be reckoned with."

Charity first appeared in Emmerdale in March 2000 for her cousin Butch's funeral, but it later emerged that she was a prostitute on the run from the police. She quickly went on to marry millionaire Chris Tate in 2001, before having an affair with her sister-in-law Zoe.

When Chris died after drinking a poisoned glass of champagne in 2003, it soon transpired that he had committed suicide in an attempt to frame Charity for his murder.

She later went on to have a relationship with Tom King, but on their wedding day, Tom was shown some damning photos of Charity kissing Cain by Sadie, who had hired Cain to set her up.

Charity was last seen on screen in March, fleeing the village with her one-year-old Noah after exacting her revenge on Sadie King (Patsy Kensit) by having a fling with her husband Jimmy King (Nick Miles).

Atkins will begin filming and reappear on screen later in the year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

This is great news. Charity is one of my all time favourite Emmerdale characters. Hopefully she will get good storylines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

It will be good to have Charity and Cain back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Former Hollyoaks actor James Sutton has joined the cast of Emmerdale.

The 26-year-old, who starred as John Paul McQueen in the Channel 4 soap, is to take on the role of mechanic Ryan Lamb, son of Faye (Kim Thomson).

Ryan first appears in the village in June and quickly becomes entangled in his mother's revenge plot on Mark Wylde (Maxwell Caulfield), while also catching the attention of many of the local females, most notably Katie Sugden (Sammy Winward).

As Mark attempts to prevent the skeletons in his closet from emerging, Ryan's arrival makes the self-made millionaire realise just what his lies could cost him.

Speaking of his signing, Sutton said: "I'm thrilled to be joining a show as respected and well-loved as Emmerdale. It was always on in our house when I was growing up so I’m excited to be a part of it.

"I'm looking forward to playing such an interesting character and one so different from previous roles I've played."

Series producer Gavin Blyth added: "This year will spell a new era for Emmerdale and I'm delighted to be welcoming James to the cast as a key component in the new direction the show will be taking. James is an extremely talented actor and will bring a real presence to the role of Ryan."

Sutton is the fourth actor announced to be joining Emmerdale as part of the show's 2009 revamp. Earlier this year, it was revealed that Jeff Hordley will reprise his role as Cain Dingle at the end of April. At the same time, UK soap's first blind actress Kitty McGeever joins as Lisa Dingle's (Jane Cox) friend Lizzie Lakely.

Emma Atkins is also due to return as vixen Charity Tate.

Sutton announced his decision to quit Hollyoaks in June last year following his two-year stint as John Paul when the teen soap's McDean storyline reached its natural Sunset Ending resolve. His departure tied in with the brief return of Guy Burnet as Craig Dean.

At the end of last year, Sutton made a guest appearance as a narcoleptic in Casualty.

Tuesday 28 April 7pm

Furious to receive a letter from Natasha’s solicitor, Andy and Maisie confront Debbie. Things get heated and Debbie dunks Maisie in a horse trough. As Andy tries to pull Debbie away she kicks him and has to be dragged away by Lisa Aware she may have ruined everything, Debbie returns home extremely low. She is shocked to find Cain awaiting her return.

Former Cutting It actress Siân Reeves has joined the cast of Emmerdale for a six-month stint.
    The 44-year-old, who played Sydney Henshall in the BBC salon drama, will take on the role of Sally Spode, an old love interest of Ashley Thomas (John Middleton). Ashley's wife Laurel (Charlotte Bellamy), however, takes an immediate disliking to her.
    Of her casting, Reeves said: "Sally was Ashley's first love and he is a bit unnerved to see her in the village. I'm delighted to be joining such a celebrated show and looking forward to filming my first scenes."

Emmerdale series producer Gavin Blyth said: "We're delighted to welcome an actress of Sian's calibre to the show."
    He added: "We have a great story coming up for Laurel and Ashley, and Sian's character will be right in the thick of the action, as the strength of their marriage is put to the test with unusual yet dramatic consequences."

an affair for Ashley maybe

• Advertisement

Emmerdale actress Sammy Winward has expressed her delight at her character's new forthcoming romance.

The 23-year-old's Yorkshire counterpart Katie Sugden has recently been caught between Lee Naylor (Lewis Linford) and Nathan Wylde (Lyndon Ogbourne), but one of the show's newcomers will soon be vying for her attention.

When Ryan Lamb (James Sutton) moves into the village with his mother Faye (Kim Thomson), it's not long before he's pursuing her.

Speaking to DS at the Inside Soap Awards launch, she said: "I'm quite looking forward to it because it's going to be a relationship where they can get on really well as opposed to bicker and argue, so I think - and I hate the word banter - I think there'll be some banter between them. And James is great and brilliant to work with, so it's going to be really good fun."

Katie is such a useless character why is she still around :confused:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2535498/Lex-is-on-the-edge.html
    Crazed Lexi King stands on the roof of an office block - after snatching Nicola De Souza's baby.
    The Emmerdale factory worker, played by Sally Oliver, hovers dangerously close to the edge.

In the dramatic scenes, which will air next month, mum Nicola (Nicola Wheeler) tries desperately to reason with Lexi.

Last month pregnant Lexi lost her baby and was told she'd never be able to have children. After seeing bitchy Nicola struggle with motherhood, Lexi takes matters into her own hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

JP Liz wrote: »

What did you think of this ep which aired last night. I thought it was fantastic tv. It was like watching a play. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the whole ep.

Emmerdale actress Sally Oliver has made a surprise exit from the soap after two years in the ITV1 show.

Viewers saw Oliver's character Lexi King leave after a showdown on a hospital roof with screen husband Carl, played by Tom Lister.

Lexi had taken her friend Nicola's premature baby after suffering an ectopic pregnancy herself and being told she may never be able to have children.

Despite a dramatic trailer suggesting the scuffle could end in disaster, the episode saw Lexi eventually choose to come down from the roof and walk away.

Filming finished five weeks ago, but Oliver's departure was kept a secret so the outcome of the story was not spoiled.

Oliver, 25, said: "It was very emotional filming my last scenes due to the nature of the storyline, but also because I knew that I was leaving.

"I know everyone always says it about Emmerdale - but that is probably because it is true - everyone gets on fantastically and just wants each other to do well.

"I am going to miss everyone loads but particularly my on-screen family - Kelsey (Scarlett Nicholls), Nicola (Nicola Blackstock), Nick (Jimmy King) and especially Tom (Carl). Tom and I have had so many scenes together.

"He is such a talented, kind and thoughtful man and I am going to miss him loads. I have loved every minute of playing Lexi but just felt the time was right for her to move on."

great episode last night

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Would love to see a few former characters return, Kim Tate, Kathy Bates, Sandy Merick, Sadie King, Tina Dingle etc.

• Advertisement

Emmerdale-Charitys-wedding-invite-ef7f87a7-8dc6-4c50-8561-b24936434c90.jpg
    Well well well... Look who's getting married?

Charity Tate makes her much anticipated return to Emmerdale on the 1st October, but who will she wed on the big day?

The blonde bombshell was last seen in the village in March 2005, fleeing the village with her son Noah after getting revenge on Sadie King by having an affair with her husband Jimmy.

But how will daughter Debbie and ex-lover Cain react to seeing her again?

Emmerdale-Charity-Tate-bc598b41-9d7c-4d4d-be4e-ffa2788c36c4.jpg

n her explosive first episode, Charity is seen wearing a stunning wedding dress. But the identity of her mystery groom is being kept under wraps, along with details of whether the surprise wedding goes ahead.

Actress Emma Atkins is relishing every moment of reprising her role as Charity Tate. "I am incredibly excited to be continuing her journey and feel privileged to have been asked back," she said.

"It is a new chapter in both my life and Charity’s and I couldn’t wait to start work.”

Charity’s return will shock her daughter Debbie and ex-lover Cain Dingle. Debbie was left heartbroken after begging her mum to stay back in 2005 and has been estranged from Charity ever since.

Gavin Blyth, Series Producer says: "Charity’s dramatic return will have repercussions throughout the village. Viewers are in for a real treat."

From ITV.com

The groom is
    Debbie's new man Michael

Emmerdale-Charitys-wedding-invite-ef7f87a7-8dc6-4c50-8561-b24936434c90.jpg
    Well well well... Look who's getting married?

Charity Tate makes her much anticipated return to Emmerdale on the 1st October, but who will she wed on the big day?

The blonde bombshell was last seen in the village in March 2005, fleeing the village with her son Noah after getting revenge on Sadie King by having an affair with her husband Jimmy.

But how will daughter Debbie and ex-lover Cain react to seeing her again?

Emmerdale-Charity-Tate-bc598b41-9d7c-4d4d-be4e-ffa2788c36c4.jpg

n her explosive first episode, Charity is seen wearing a stunning wedding dress. But the identity of her mystery groom is being kept under wraps, along with details of whether the surprise wedding goes ahead.

Actress Emma Atkins is relishing every moment of reprising her role as Charity Tate. "I am incredibly excited to be continuing her journey and feel privileged to have been asked back," she said.

"It is a new chapter in both my life and Charity’s and I couldn’t wait to start work.”

Charity’s return will shock her daughter Debbie and ex-lover Cain Dingle. Debbie was left heartbroken after begging her mum to stay back in 2005 and has been estranged from Charity ever since.

Gavin Blyth, Series Producer says: "Charity’s dramatic return will have repercussions throughout the village. Viewers are in for a real treat."

From ITV.com

The groom is
    Debbie's new man Michael

I think since Michael came into Emmerdale you could guess there is something up and that he is to marry Charity is no major surprise.

IT'S a family affair when Debbie Dingle realises her secret love rival is actually her mum Charity.

#bodycopy a { font-size: 12px; }

The sexy mechanic races to the church to stop her two-timing boyfriend Michael Conway from marrying his mystery bride.

But it’s Debbie who’s dumbstruck when she bursts into the church with her dad Cain and sees Michael’s bride-to-be is her mum.

Our insider said: “After getting another beating from Cain, Michael drops the bombshell that he’s getting married.

“A distraught Debbie tries to talk him out of it but he tells her his fiancée is pregnant and he can’t turn his back on his baby.

“On the day of the wedding Debbie can’t bear to just sit back and do nothing so along with Cain she races to the church to try and win Michael back.

“They arrive just as the veiled bride is walking down the aisle. As they burst through the church doors a stunned Michael spins round. But that’s nothing to the shock Debbie receives when she sees who he’s marrying.”

The dramatic scenes see Emma Atkins back in the Dales to play selfish blonde Charity after four years away.

And viewers can expect the fall-out to be huge in what promises to be one of the soap’s biggest storylines of the year.

“Charity’s latest stunt leaves Debbie heartbroken,” said our insider.

“At first she can’t believe it’s her mum at the altar.

“When reality does hit she’s furious. She hasn’t seen her mum in years and then finds out she’s been living nearby all along – and playing happy families with her boyfriend.

“Let’s just say it’s far from a happy family reunion.”

The wedding scenes will be screened on Thursday October 1 on ITV1.

Could make things interesting if it was learned that debbie is expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

They better not write michael out of it, He is the only bit of totty in it!

She Devil wrote: »
    They better not write michael out of it, He is the only bit of totty in it!

Thats coz i have not appeared yet.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Could make things interesting if it was learned that debbie is expecting.

Well
    Emmerdale stars Charley Webb and Matthew Wolfenden are expecting their first child together, it was announced today.
    Webb, 21, who has played Debbie Dingle in the ITV1 show for nearly seven years, will give birth in the spring.

maybe it will be written into the show

I gotta say Michael looks way too old for Debbie he looks Cain's age

Well

I gotta say Michael looks way too old for Debbie he looks Cain's age

When does age come into it, when money might be involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Emmerdale stars Charley Webb and Matthew Wolfenden are expecting their first child together, it was announced today.
    Webb, 21, who has played Debbie Dingle in the ITV1 show for nearly seven years, will give birth in the spring.

Debbie being pregnant or are they going to go the whole hog and have a one night stand between herself and David occur.

Well Charity is not pregnant and is dumped by Michael and he also have left Debbie so it would make a better storyline to have Debbie fall pregnant by him.

In the show Debbie and David dont even interact in any scenes i doubt she's sleep with him. The were rumblings of Scott Windsor returning and getting back with Debbie or her and Andy getting back together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Emmerdale's Laurel Thomas is left fighting for her life next month when an unstable Sally Spode sets fire to the church with her love rival still inside.
    According to the Daily Star, Sally - played by 44-year-old Siân Reeves - continues in her attempts to become Laurel (Charlotte Bellamy) and re-establish herself in Ashley Thomas's (John Middleton) life.
    Over the last few weeks, Laurel and Ashley have been forced to deal with Sally's over-bearing nature and underhand attempts to rekindle her teen romance with Ashley.
    Events, however, takes a shock twist when Sally sets the church alight knowing that Laurel is trapped inside. The fire and ensuing carnage are claimed to be some of the soap's best scenes of the year.
    An Emmerdale insider told the newspaper: "What most viewers won't know is that Charlotte Bellamy was heavily pregnant when we filmed the scenes.
    "She was crawling across the floor with six foot flames burning around her all the while trying to hide her baby bump."
    They added: "Charlotte didn't let anything get in her way and the scenes look absolutely amazing."
    The scenes are due to air in mid-November.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/101513/EMMERDALE-Hell-fire-of-Vicar/

Havent we had this before with Zoe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Whats the deal with this Sally character?? Apart from being the most annoying Emmerdale character of all time???

Emmerdale actor Maxwell Caulfield is to leave the Yorkshire soap in the New Year, it has been announced.

The 49-year-old, who plays bigamist Mark Wylde, will bow out of the show in the early part of January when his character's shady past catches up with him, sending shockwaves through the village.

Caulfield said of his decision to leave: "I can't believe how fast my year in beautiful Yorkshire has flown by! But there was only so long Mark could keep those two women on the boil before he was the one getting burned! I'm confident the viewers will find this story gripping to the very end. Emmerdale is in great shape and I'll miss them all."

He took the decision not to renew his contract upon the expiry of his original 12-month deal. However, the remainder of his screen relatives, including Kim Thomson (Faye Lamb) and Amanda Donohoe (Natasha Wylde), have all signed new contracts with the ITV serial.

Series producer Gavin Blyth said: "The highly-anticipated departure of Mark Wylde has given us scope for a fantastic exit storyline over the winter months that will keep viewers on the edge of their seats."

Of the final chapter in Mark's tale, Blyth teased: "We could see history repeated and Mark ditch the dales for a brand new life. Or will he keep his promise and leave the village with ex-flame Faye? Perhaps a twist will ensue and Natasha will get her man for keeps, or could something far more sinister rid Mark of his demons forever?

"This is the final act to be played out for Mark Wylde and it’s guaranteed to be as unpredictable and explosive as when any major character leaves Emmerdale."

Speaking of Caulfield's decision to leave, he added: "Maxwell has been a true asset to Emmerdale and a highly valued member of our cast. We are indebted to him for his passion and commitment to the show over the past year and he will be greatly missed by the production team and viewers alike."

Caulfield is due to finish filming at the soap's home in Leeds next month and will remain on screen until the second week of January.

good riddance cant act i hope he takes his family with him

Eli Dingle is leaving also

Eli Dingle is leaving also

I bet another one will come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Whats the deal with this Sally character?? Apart from being the most annoying Emmerdale character of all time???

A friend has me watching this lately and I'm curious what the story is with this character...how long more before she is caught out and the full truth is revealed? Does anyone know any more of her future storylines?

Aaron kisses Adam

Maisie kisses half brother Ryan

Sally is a bunny boiler who used to date Ashley and wants him again now

Aaron kisses Adam

Maisie kisses half brother Ryan

For such a small place, there is too much of this carry on going on in the village. How many is that now that are gay, or have had some sort of same sex relation, and it should be enough that the Dingles are beding their own relations without others doing likewise.

• Advertisement

Charity proposes to Cain at Christmas

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement