Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Italian Craft Beer Festival

• 14-11-2014 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone heading tomorrow?

I'll be heading in the evening time for a couple of hours if anyone fancies meeting for a drink.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Ill be heading along at some point. Im out tonight so it depends on what state im in tomorrow, ill check the thread before heading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I'll be there no earlier than 7

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Any details on the festival, haven't heard anything bout this before

italian-craft-brew-festival_damffl.jpg

Ill be gone by 7 BC, catch you at the next NHC meet in Kavanaghs maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

€4 non refundable glass is unacceptable. Popped along this evening to support the event but charging €4 for a non branded, non returnable glass is ridiculous. Ok, the drinks were only €2 but they should have made the glasses refundable. A few messy, hand written signs at the till gave no information on how the event was running. We walked away without trying anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

flikflak wrote: »
    €4 non refundable glass is unacceptable. Popped along this evening to support the event but charging €4 for a non branded, non returnable glass is ridiculous. Ok, the drinks were only €2 but they should have made the glasses refundable. A few messy, hand written signs at the till gave no information on how the event was running. We walked away without trying anything.

An entrance free with a glass is standard fair for a beer festival. It was probably non branded as they tend to be expensive unless you're running a CAMRA or ICBF type of event

Well, seeing as it was a public thoroughfare there were zero premises costs. Maybe a few quid for the gazebo, a license and the 2 portaloos but how could there have been costs to justify 4 per glass? Any craft beer event I have been to has been within a tent/hall. This event was simply between the wine bar and restaurant of the person running the event. Poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Fair enough but you missed out. Some of the beers were exceptional and great value at 2 euro. I've absolutely no problem paying the 4 euro. Its an Italian craft beer event, obviously these kinds of things take money to organise.
    Excellent event, throughly enjoyed it and the food was lovely also.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

What beers did they have

• Advertisement

Wouldnt be a craft beer festival in Ireland without someone whingeing about the price. 4 quid entry fee is now too much, christ.

jsa112 wrote: »
    What beers did they have

The ones I tried and liked were

1. a porter from the very right of the stalls, called Hot Night at the Village, I reckon that was the best beer there really.

2. A couple of sours from Loverbeer, Beer Bera, and Beer Brugna - I enjoyed both, the same guy had a 16 month fermented beer, and an imperial stout, which I found to be a bit thin and lacking character

3. Barley BB 10% - this was a lovely ale that tasted barrel aged to me, but apparently it's not.

That's not all, there was also an IPA with peppercorn in it, but it just tasted like an IPA to me, and there was an "Imperial Lager" which wasn't anything special.

drumswan wrote: »
    Wouldnt be a craft beer festival in Ireland without someone whingeing about the price. 4 quid entry fee is now too much, christ.

Entry to what? It was a public walk way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

It was a public walk way.

The festival isn't though.

the €4 for a glass was essentially an entry fee.

To the beer festival

Advertisement