Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Is Drinkstore the only place that has Bolt Cutter ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Trond wrote: »
    :eek: Now im curious!!!!

As I havent tasted it before what would you compare it to?

Not sure, maybe AleSmith Old Numbskull with added hops, in that it's super malty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

2 Mikeller beers last night ;
    Amass: West coast style IPA not bad but not worth the price.
    Deception session IPA :Quite piney and hoppy but again can't justify the price.

Edge Hopitimista IPA : another west coast style IPA. Again quite piney grassy and a dry grapefruit finish. I liked it. Don't know the price as was given it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I really like Hoptimista too. Great flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

ciaran76 wrote: »
    2 Mikeller beers last night ;
    Amass: West coast style IPA not bad but not worth the price.
    Deception session IPA :Quite piney and hoppy but again can't justify the price.

It's pretty much the same with all Scandinavian beers.

I'll try them once if they're under 7% and a style i like.

Anyone buying them regularly at that price is a moron.

• Advertisement

Speaking of Mikkeler, that Cream Ale they had a few years ago was amazing.

No sign of it anywhere anymore.

That's another style I'd love to see an Irish brewery take a stab at.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Had an O'Haras Lublin to Dublin. Very nice stout, although I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to buy it. I was a little worried about the addition of star anise as I don't like aniseed but thankfully it wasn't prominent in any way and I didn't notice it at all.

Followed it with a Stormy Port, which for some odd reason I'd never had until now. Very tasty and one I'd happily add to my regular purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Classic Sainty ...

First the Belgians, now the Scandinavians ...

Love it!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Any tips on what I should prioritise for my first visit to the Delirium Café? I'll be in Brussels for the next few days. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

An File wrote: »
    Any tips on what I should prioritise for my first visit to the Delirium Café? I'll be in Brussels for the next few days. :)

I'd prioritise not going to the delirium cafe ☺

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

An File wrote: »

Head straight upstairs to The Hoppy Loft!

And don't forget the two Moeder Lambics, especially the one in St. Gilles.

And do the Cantillon tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Macardles cans picked them in Dunnes Limerick City Centre.
    Seriously underrated ale. Can't seem to pick them up
    In Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Had a St Mels Brown Ale on Saturday night, very nice, yeasty smell and a lovely malty taste. A Kinnegar Limeburner before it was delightful too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

La Chouffe blonde for the first time ever oddly enough. Picked it up when perusing a supermarket when walking the streets trying to get a kid asleep as a reward for myself. I think I avoided it previously because of price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

O'Haras Hop Adventure - disappointing, not much going on at all

Galway Bay - Voyager U.S.

Getting an awful whiff of BO off this one. It's a bit of a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Galway Bay - Voyager U.S.

Getting an awful whiff of BO off this one. It's a bit of a mess.

Haven't heard a bad word about this yet

Haven't heard a bad word about this yet

I think I'm just not a fan of GB super hoppy beers. For me something doesn't sit right when they up the alcohol content with lots of hops. The alcohol just becomes too harsh. With this one there's a heavy sweetness of unfermented malts with not much bitterness, all followed by a stripping of the taste buds with a strong alcohol hit. Just not for me I suppose.

Thought it was average myself, Founders Centennial and Ska modus hoperandi better options even though they are quite old, imo. Definitely not worth the price either.

I take this back.

I'm off to Drinkstore tomorrow to purchase 3 crates of To Ol's Friends With Benefits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Voyager sits nicely between Full Sail and OFAF. But I'm not sure I'll buy it much. It's the awkward middle child.

Having another Dirtwolf by Victory. Still loving it.

Bought another White Hag Oatmeal Chocolate Stout, this time seemingly carbonated better and fantastic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I had a Rascals Yankee White IPA last night and really enjoyed it. Crisp hops and a nice sour tang to the body. 8 Degrees did something similar last summer, I seem to remember, and this was at least as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Really enjoyed the 8 degrees Grand Stretch I had, the O'Hara's Foreign Affair not so much, tasted a little oxidised to me though maybe it was after the former effecting my taste buds.

Love 8 Degrees, but there's something off about the Session IPA. I'd like to see them do another hoppy beer under 5%.

Hopefully the White Hag session IPA is better, I have 24 of these bad boys to tuck into now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

Anyone seen Graffiti bottles yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

Wells waggledance honey beer, really enjoyed, lovely subtle honey taste that compliments the beer nicely.

Currently 4 for €10 in supervalue's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Anyone seen Graffiti bottles yet?

Caught one :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Caught one :-)

Where? How much?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Anyone know where I can get Magic Rock Brewing 'High Wire' West Coast Pale Ale?

• Advertisement

Wont get it here, Porterhouse have occasionally got their IPA on tap but its old and tastes like soap. AlesByMail probably have it, but you will pay a good bit for P+P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement