Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New SKY+ 160 - available in Oct?

• 17-09-2004 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if the new SKY+ 160 box will be available in Ireland in Oct and at what price. I heard it will be available to the UK in Oct for £399. That's pretty pricey for a new box with only a larger hard drive and 2 x USB ports.

Also, how difficult is it to upgrade a current SKY+ box to a larger hard drive. I heard problems with the 17minute bug on SKY+ V1 boxes but ok on V2?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Contacted SKY today and they said SKY+ 160 availability is expected to be in Oct but couldn't confirm if it will be available in the Irish republic at the same time although they couldn't see why it wouldn't be available at the same time. The UK cost is definitely £399. Seems like a crazy price for a larger hard drive. SKY + currently only costs 149 EUR incl. free installation, with or without a 2nd box - got confirmation on this today. I think you're better of buying the current SKY+ box and just upgrading the internal hard drive. Seems like a lot of people have done this already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Radar

just wondering how/whom confirmed the offer of €149 for a sky + without installation . can you post here I ask because when i rang sky about the €149 offer it felt like knocking my head on a wall and the standard round around is what i got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

I just spoke with one of the sales assistence on SKY sales hotline. I think his name was Peter but can't remember for sure. He was definitely aware of €149 offer for a SKY+ box which includes free installation - so long as you subscribe to the SKYWorld package but you can downgrade the following month. He also mentioned that SKY Sports will be free for the first month. This is also for a 1st time subscriptions only.

If you're looking for the SKY+ box on it's own without installation, I think you have to pay €299.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

ADSLUSER wrote:
    I just spoke with one of the sales assistence on SKY sales hotline. I think his name was Peter but can't remember for sure. He was definitely aware of €149 offer for a SKY+ box which includes free installation - so long as you subscribe to the SKYWorld package but you can downgrade the following month. He also mentioned that SKY Sports will be free for the first month. This is also for a 1st time subscriptions only.

If you're looking for the SKY+ box on it's own without installation, I think you have to pay €299.
    Is there any linkage to this great offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Colm80

This link takes you to that offer of 149
    http://www.sky.com/skycom/article/0,,91069-1130664,00.html
    it seems to say a 2 room offer have a look your selfs,

• Advertisement
Advertisement