Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Last Man Standing

Options
  • 04-10-2014 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering would there be any interest in this if I created one? Could do it via PP website or a crowd called RunLastMan - both take 10% cut AFAIK. Woud probably go with PP as I assume most on here already have an account and RunLastMan have a charge of €2.50 for certain types of payment card or 40c for regular cards - I have a thing about card fees of any amount.

Too late for this round of Premier League fixtures but could set it up for after the international break if anyone's interested. Open to suggestions on entry fee. Was thinking a tenner a head but have added a poll if anyone wants to vote.

What should entry fee be? 4 votes

€5
    0% 0 votes
    €10
    0% 0 votes
    €20
    50% 2 votes
    €25
    50% 2 votes
    €50
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Count me in - poll was closed so couldn't vote - €10 is fine with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Thanks for response. Yeah, I just set poll up for two days. Will set this up tonight when I get home for tenner a head

OK - this is set up now. Have used Paddy Power's website. Just go to PP website and there is a link to Last Man Standing under quick links. Once in the LMS area click "Join a Private Tournament". The tournament name is Boards and password is 12345. Fixtures are on Saturday the 18th so you have until then to sign up.

Entry fee is a tenner with winner taking all minus a 10% admin fee which the site takes. You will need a Paddy Power account to enter but I assume most here have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

can count me in for it, but if someone wants to send me a wee reminder a day or two before this closes that would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Pay day Friday. I'll join then. I'm smashed :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I'm in!

Just giving this a little bump. Only three entrants in so far although pot is at €36 - not sure if PP threw in something extra or there's a fourth person I don't see.

Thanks for the reminder. I'm in now too so the pool is €45 which 5 entrants less a 10% fee from PP

will be joining it tomorrow on payday

Deposited and went to join the private league, and the money was taken out of my account for the league (it shows in the account history)

However when I go into the last man standing, it is only showing the free league that I joined on the last weekend of premier league fixtures.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I have been onto live support and they have passed it up the line to be looked at, but what if they dont get back to me before they lock it tomorrow? will i get a selection, is it alphabetical and just forced upon me?

• Advertisement

montyrebel wrote: »
    Deposited and went to join the private league, and the money was taken out of my account for the league (it shows in the account history)

However when I go into the last man standing, it is only showing the free league that I joined on the last weekend of premier league fixtures.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I have been onto live support and they have passed it up the line to be looked at, but what if they dont get back to me before they lock it tomorrow? will i get a selection, is it alphabetical and just forced upon me?

I would say that if it's not showing as you in it the worst case scenario is that you'l get your tenner back and not be entered or you'll get Arsenal at home to Hull - they go alphabetically if you don't make a selection. Shouldn't take them 24 hours to manually put you in though.

We have a pot based on six people but can only see four users so looks like you're not the only one.

There's a David, a DK, a JC and myself. Anyone else who's entered and isn't one of those people might want to contact them too.

Doesn't exactly encourage any more to enter :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Im in and went for Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

I just joined this and 120 has left my account!!!

Jaysus...Paddy must be drunk today

Collie D wrote: »
    Jaysus...Paddy must be drunk today

Got it sorted turned out i was entered 12 times! All g now and im in

got my money refunded and then i just had to join it again, worked the 2nd time around with no hassle, come on the chelsea scum :P

Not sure how but there are only seven entrants but a pot of €108 which would suggest there are twelve in :confused: Not sure if it's closed now or not. Think it might still be open until 3pm

Anyway first week's selections are as follows:

Man City x 1
    Arsenal x 1
    West Ham x 1
    Chelsea x 2
    Liverpool x 1
    Stoke/Draw x 1 (myself)

Good luck to all who entered

Fcking Arsenal :mad::mad::mad:

Hope whoever wins chokes on my tenner! :D

DB74 wrote: »

I picked poxy Liverpool, i cant stand them so their poxyness at least got me through

DB74 wrote: »

The only faller :P

Six through to next week although I still think there are a couple of others we're not seeing considering the prize fund.

• Advertisement

Just giving this a bump. One person still to make a selection. You have until noon tomorrow.

Six left this week broken down as follows:

Man City
    Liverpool x 2 (including myself)
    Southampton
    Arsenal
    Swansea

Good luck...although City already 1-0 down with 27 minutes played as I type.

Six left this week broken down as follows:

Man City
    Liverpool x 2 (including myself)
    Southampton
    Arsenal
    Swansea

Good luck...although City already 1-0 down with 27 minutes played as I type.

Well I'm out along with two others. Two through to next week and one on Swansea later. Best of luck to the three of you.

I was the other one with liverpool and I am out too
    and I was into the 3rd week of 1 of the free ones and had picked City in that so out of that too

Don't forget to make your picks for this week lads only 3 of us left I'm on Chelsea

markc91 wrote: »
    Don't forget to make your picks for this week lads only 3 of us left I'm on Chelsea

I picked Arsenal gl with the rest of it

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sarkakos

i agree

There was two of us left and from what i can see the two of us picked Everton so i presume its a split pot though havnt any money in my account yet

Warper wrote: »
    There was two of us left and from what i can see the two of us picked Everton so i presume its a split pot though havnt any money in my account yet

Don't think results have been settled yet. Usually done next day but they can be slow sometimes. I got through one and kncoked out of another and haven't received my congratulations or hard luck emails.

Not sure whether to say well done or not as it was split :pac:

• Advertisement

Don't think results have been settled yet. Usually done next day but they can be slow sometimes. I got through one and kncoked out of another and haven't received my congratulations or hard luck emails.

Not sure whether to say well done or not as it was split :pac:

Cheers ya got an email saying congrats you are the LMS and have won €31.50 which is fair considering there were only 7 in it. Must take a while to credit the account

Advertisement