Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

fyi Hardwareversand and paypal

Options
  • 14-01-2014 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

Guys. Not sure if you know this but you need to be careful when ordering from Hardwareversand using PayPal.

I made an order Sunday night for 500€ and paid with paypal.

My Hardwareversand account was setup with my main email address. My PayPal account is much older and uses my old eircom email. I didn't think anything of it but when I checked the next morning my order status was like so...
    2014-1-13 at 01:03 Online-Order
    2014-1-13 at 06:29 The order was cancelled.
    2014-1-13 at 06:31 Your payment conclusion via PayPal was confirmed us.

"Your payment conclusion via PayPal was confirmed us." ? Eh. I thought that meant they had confirmed they got the payment but I was then worried about the previous "cancelled" status. Also, I had ordered the last stock of an item and now the item still had 1 in stock after saying out of stock just after I made the order.

So I rang them yesterday and to be fair she explained it quite well. Basically, my PayPal email MUST match my hardwareversand account email.

They automatically cancelled the order and refunded the money.

Now, she said it would take a day for the money to arrive back in my PayPal account but as of yet I have got no money back so my PayPal account is down €500 and my CC is down €34 !

*Anyone any idea how long the refund might take ?* I am anxious to go ahead with the original order - though not now with hardwareversand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

refunds from online retailers can take up to 10 days, my gf had an issue with shoes she ordered from the adidas website for me for christmas. they charged her twice and the order didnt go through. You need to call the bank ASAP and explain the situation to them, they will advise you of the best action to take

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Thanks. Thing is though that it was €500 from my Paypal balance and €34 from bank.

brianon wrote: »
    Yeah. Thing is do that it was €500 from my Paypal balance and €34 from bank.

Ok, paypal I usually quite good with returning payments. Have you spoken directly to them?

I spoke to hardwareversand yesterday morning and she said it was refunded.

Very frustrating (and worrying) to have gotten the 500€ together and for it suddenly (hopefully very temporarily) to vanish.

Very frustrating (and worrying) to have gotten the 500€ together and for it suddenly (hopefully very temporarily) to vanish.

I know with bank transfers they can be annoying and slow, but I would get in touch with Paypal and let them know the full story. Maybe they can speed this up for you.

Hopefully you get it sorted and get your parts soon

• Advertisement

Should I contact paypal ?

I wonder should I contact paypal ?

I wonder should I contact paypal ?

Yeah do, make them aware of the issue and they should be able to help

Unreal. My Hardwareversand is now showing both items as shipped and they include UPS tracking numbers :confused:

They told me on the phone the order was cancelled and that I needed to setup a new account to redo the order ?!

Again I would advise contacting them to see what the story is. They may not have cancelled it properly or shipped to you in error and not charged you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

You have 90 days to appeal to Paypal. Wait and see if your stuff arrives, if it does, great. If not then talk to Versand and PayPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

I gotta ask, where did you see the option to pay with paypal? I've placed my order with them now, got a confirmation email with bank details, and that was it. I emailed them on Sunday asking about paying through paypal, but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

You can choose it on the payment options page. It's kind of hidden.

Screenshot_2014-01-16-19-23-07_zps28b61fb7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Thanks! Strangely, that option did not show up for me when I was making my order, only "cash on prepayment". Sent them an email last Sunday, after I'd ordered. Hopefully they'll get back to me soon, before the order gets cancelled..

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

I'm having the same problem as the initial guy..

Was there any out come?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Zeppelin67

I'm also having an issue with the Paypal option not coming up for me. Any solutions for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

To those seeing the "order cancelled" bit in the order history, that's just a bug with their site, happens sometimes. You should see your payment gone through, usually directly after that. It happens on roughly half my orders with HWVS. Quite worrying the first time. :P

As for Paypal not showing up, I've no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mazink0204

Sorry to reopen this, but did yo call or email? If you emailed did you email in German or English and how long did they take to reply? If you called how much did it cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

mazink0204 wrote: »
    Sorry to reopen this, but did yo call or email? If you emailed did you email in German or English and how long did they take to reply? If you called how much did it cost?

Versand are useless at replying to email. Call them and get yourself sorted the same day.

Advertisement