Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

That_Guy wrote: »
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Found myself with unexpected free time yesterday so had myself an impromptu date last night. Beats waiting 'til Monday I suppose.

Where'd you go/do etc etc?

Details young man... The devil is in them after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

I spoke too soon. The girl who sent me the normal text yesterday after sending me the worrying ones, sent me her picture again today. I don't get it. It's not like I'm hot or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I messaged a girl I thought was hot,
    She messaged me back..
    I messaged her a reply..
    Message me back goddangit!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I has a date tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

G-Money wrote: »
    I spoke too soon. The girl who sent me the normal text yesterday after sending me the worrying ones, sent me her picture again today. I don't get it. It's not like I'm hot or anything!

Ha ha she sounds like a right looney :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

That_Guy wrote: »
    Where'd you go/do etc etc?
    LoTwan wrote: »
    Details young man... The devil is in them after all.

Hmmm, this one is a boardsie so I shant be going into detail ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

finipops wrote: »
    When i first setup an online dating account i felt horrible when i was messed about but now it doesn't bother me and i just move on. Just take it easy and don't expect anything that's what i does.:cool:

There's a fundamental diff between messers online, and messers who meet you in person, and spend days texting you afterwards, meeting up a second time, agreeing to a third date, then saying they're not ready to date - yet they're on POF 5 minutes later again ...

Deleted my profile tonight. Good riddance (As long I have the willpower to remain offline, no doubt in time I'll be back online again ...).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Owen wrote: »
    There's a fundamental diff between messers online, and messers who meet you in person, and spend days texting you afterwards, meeting up a second time, agreeing to a third date, then saying they're not ready to date - yet they're on POF 5 minutes later again ...

This is my pet peeve I hate time wasters! I'm a big girl, tell me if you're not interested, it saves both of our time! I particularly hate people who just text/call to keep you on the backburner, but never organise anything. :mad:
    Deleted my profile tonight. Good riddance (As long I have the willpower to remain offline, no doubt in time I'll be back online again ...).

Good luck! I lasted about 2 weeks :D

Ammsy500 wrote: »
    Ha ha she sounds like a right looney :D

I just need to take whatever it is that she finds irresistible, bottle it and use it on females I'm interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

I am asking for advice here.I meta guy twice and now I know I have no interest in pursing anything with this guy and he is after texting to meet again, How do I decline in a way that will not hurt or embarrasse him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dub5

molly09 wrote: »
    I am asking for advice here.I meta guy twice and now I know I have no interest in pursing anything with this guy and he is after texting to meet again, How do I decline in a way that will not hurt or embarrasse him?

As a woman, I would just be honest. Tell him that you enjoyed meeting him but you dont see it going any further.

I know that is what i would want, rather than being blanked or guessing whats going on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

Nah not really, I just log in and out cos I likes the questions on it tbh. :pac:
    The graph is fecked though - it told me I'm more mathematical. Ffs, I couldn't do my sisters 6th class homework the other day! :pac:

It's got better quality than POF (ie folks can usually type a little more than "livin 4 da weeknd nd getin smashd wiv da bois"!), but there's waaay less people.

Can you send me the link to the girl who likes getting smashed?? :P yes I follow.. My okc was a total autobiog, (cast of thousands etc), just saw the same faces over and over. Lovely faces, just... The same. i'd like pof better if they introduced a feature that stopped you messaging people until you messaged the person you clicked 'meet me' on :pac: Hmmm on the plus side you're mathmatical *runs for dear life*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

dub5 wrote: »
    As a woman, I would just be honest. Tell him that you enjoyed meeting him but you dont see it going any further.

I know that is what i would want, rather than being blanked or guessing whats going on

What this lady said :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Hey all, fresh as a daisy after my 1 week enforced "layoff" from the site.....

Anyway have a date tonight and another tomorrow.

Tonight - Girl I've seen a few times before, heading on a proper night out with a load of her mad mates and another poor soul. Really not sure what to make of her. She is lovely, I enjoy spending time with her, the spark just doesn't seem to be there. Going to keep at it though.....

Tomorrow - A first date with a girl who I got chatting to on POF 8 days ago. We have been chatting through Whatsapp every morning, through the day, evening without fail. She is gorgeous and I know it could be a "never meet your hero's" moment but I have a good feeling about it.

And with that weather it gives me an opportunity to show off the legs!!haha

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Have a date on Thursday night. There is a bit of an age gap (i'm older by a few years) which has held me off until now but he seems really nice so no harm to meet anyway I suppose.

ladylost wrote: »
    Have a date on Thursday night. There is a bit of an age gap (i'm older by a few years) which has held me off until now but he seems really nice so no harm to meet anyway I suppose.

I wouldn't worry about that too much. I'm pencilling in a date with a girl next week and she's 10 years younger than me. Normally I would be hesitant with that much of an age gap but she doesn't seem to mind and seems to have her head screwed on. Besides, I bumped into an old house-mate of mine last week and he thought I was 5 years younger than I really am :cool:

Out of curiosity the other day I decided to check out a dating site called Fitness Singles. I thought it might be interesting an allow me to get in touch with girls who are into running and keeping fit. I didn't join but did a quick search and the first girl on the list had the following as her tag-line

"No abs, no chance".

Charming. I guess it's good when the superficial one's are obvious from the start, that way you can weed them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Thinking of re-joining pof again. What do to what to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Using those gay cruising apps are as far I've gone with online dating.
    And even then I was getting hit on by old men so I quickly deleted it!
    Nothing beats going out and meeting people there and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

Samich wrote: »
    Thinking of re-joining pof again. What do to what to do.
    Give it another go! You won't be losing out on anything and it's worth another shot as you'd never know what could happen.

• Advertisement

It's either a feast or a famine. I met a guy at the POF night on Friday and he has asked me out again.

I have been chatting with 2 lovely gentlemen and both have asked to meet me. Now... where did I put all of my free time again? Oh yes, I remember. It is in cold storage until my children grow up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

I deleted my profile from POF I think ill go solo for a while.
    I live in the Burren area of Clare and I would like to meet an outdoorsy creative alternative lady but it's hard to find one LOL
    I tried dating girly girl women,and the pensil skirt business type, they are all good company but were not compatible with my earthy life style.

Oh well they're out there,back to flirting at farmer's markets LOL

Northclare wrote: »
    I deleted my profile from POF I think ill go solo for a while.
    I live in the Burren area of Clare and I would like to meet an outdoorsy creative alternative lady but it's hard to find one LOL
    I tried dating girly girl women,and the pensil skirt business type, they are all good company but were not compatible with my earthy life style.

Oh well they're out there,back to flirting at farmer's markets LOL

What a great place to meet people :) would that you were closer to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Currently talking to two guys both seem really nice, both are from England living here! One is 34 though and im not too sure about it because there is 13/14 years between us! Suppose it couldnt hurt??

LoTwan wrote: »
    It's either a feast or a famine. I met a guy at the POF night on Friday and he has asked me out again.

I have been chatting with 2 lovely gentlemen and both have asked to meet me. Now... where did I put all of my free time again? Oh yes, I remember. It is in cold storage until my children grow up!

Was that the POF night in Swords? How did it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Date last night was really good. Nice girl, chatted away happily over cocktails in the sun for ages. :) She works shifts, and was in at 6 this morning, so walked her to the taxi rank about 11. Had a bit of a smooch and asked if she was up for meeting again, said yeah. Text me when she got home and said she had a lovely evening. Said I did too and to gimme a bell when she's free to meet up again?

Ain't heard from her since. :pac: Balls in her court though, I can't really text her again. Guess I'm playing the waiting game, which sucks. :o

Hopefully if she does reply, it'll be to arrange date 2. Even if it's a "I'm not interested" text, I'd be happy enough she at least let me know the story.
    Maybe she's just busy, or my reply never delivered?!

*grasps onto every possible scenario* :P

Any advice fellow boardsies?

GrumPy wrote: »
    Date last night was really good. Nice girl, chatted away happily over cocktails in the sun for ages. :) She works shifts, and was in at 6 this morning, so walked her to the taxi rank about 11. Had a bit of a smooch and asked if she was up for meeting again, said yeah. Text me when she got home and said she had a lovely evening. Said I did too and to gimme a bell when she's free to meet up again?

Ain't heard from her since. :pac: Balls in her court though, I can't really text her again. Guess I'm playing the waiting game, which sucks. :o

Hopefully if she does reply, it'll be to arrange date 2. Even if it's a "I'm not interested" text, I'd be happy enough she at least let me know the story.

I wouldn't text her again for a few days. As you say ball is in her court. If you don't hear anything by Wednesday then text her.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

I have sent over 20 messages to girls on POF and not a single reply. My profile isnt that bad (IMO anyway) so I am beginning to think that its a bit of a joke TBH :(.

Having said that, I could well get a load of replies now that Ive posted this :pac:.

What % of your messages get replies in general?

D_murph wrote: »
    I have sent over 20 messages to girls on POF and not a single reply. My profile isnt that bad (IMO anyway) so I am beginning to think that its a bit of a joke TBH :(.

Having said that, I could well get a load of replies now that Ive posted this :pac:.

What % of your messages get replies in general?

I re-joined POF a few months ago, sent out about 25 mails and I think I got maybe 1 reply and that went no-where. Got a bit fed up, made a few tiny changes, went on the rampage again sending mails and started getting a lot more replies.

Stick at it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

GrumPy wrote: »

Like dub_5 said, the ball is in her court, wait it out a little bit and see what happens!

Hope she texts ya back though Good Luck! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement