Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Higher Diploma in the UK?

• 28-02-2012 3:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Hi

I’m presently studying for a Higher Diploma (HETAC Level-8) in UCC. I have also just secured a 9 month internship relating to my current studies.

I already hold a pass (3rd class) ordinary degree (HETAC Level-7) from another Irish IT.

I have been looking at graduate programs that are related to my current internship and UCC studies in the UK.

Most of these UK graduate programs offer fantastic career opportunities and progression but require a minimum UK 2.1 degree.

My question is if I do good in my Higher Diploma (like get a 2.1 result) will that make me able to apply for the UK graduate programs and be accepted or will they still go on my not so good pass degree and not let me in?

I am worried because I can not afford to do the extra year Msc.

:confused:

Advertisement